The First Descendant | F2P 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming July 2, 2024 for Consoles & PC

Keyser_Soze

20 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I hate those missions so much! I got lucky and was able to divide and conquer with some randos. 

I just  "completed" it

That is to say I joined a mission that was in progress with 14 seconds left and 3 other people and they finished it.

:sickos:

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I just  "completed" it

That is to say I joined a mission that was in progress with 14 seconds left and 3 other people and they finished it.

This is the way. there is one of those waiting for you in each of the areas you've yet to visit. I'm sorry! 

"Dead Bride" Hard mode is done! Next up, the Devourer...gulp. I would have started that fight as well, but I had to get to work. Stupid work, don't they know I'm trying to save someone, somewhere, while wearing my magic space pants?! :sadsun:

• Hugs 1

I can see myself grinding this for another couple of weeks, or however long it takes to pick up the remaining Descendants (still need 6), but content wise I think I've mostly tapped this one out for now. That's my own fault for playing this one obsessively, but I learned a lot from the ye ol' Warframe and I know that if you hit it hard from opening day, you are likely to establish a pretty good collection of characters/gear that will allow you to wander off and jump back in later and still have a shot at knocking out high end content as it filters in. This is not a great game, but its not a bad game either. Its looter/shooter comfort food and it gives my hands something to do when the wife and I are discussing household plans or listening to pod casts. 90% of the time I'm playing this game with the sound off as maining the Tamer means a near constant, ammo permitting, machinegun sound. 

• Halal 1

@Mr.Vic20 Since you said you were going to play this, can you explain what the "Module Additional Settings" thing is?

I did the mission to craft the thing to do it but the game didn't explain it very well. Maybe it was back when the descendant instructor talked too fast (and after the patch a tad too slow tbh) - Basically it takes you to a screen, you pick a slot and then pick a symbol which doesn't mean anything to me currently and then I don't go further than that because I don't know what it does and I don't want to waste the upgrade thing. :p

Something unrelated to that I've got the craziest keybinds in this game now. Ability 1,2,3,4 is Q, E, R, F Use is V, reload is C then I changed my mouse up to have the right click as the grapple hook and the middle button to ADS - I might actually switch this to a side mouse button because I don't really use push to talk (the other side button is Melee)

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Mr.Vic20 Since you said you were going to play this, can you explain what the "Module Additional Settings" thing is?

I did the mission to craft the thing to do it but the game didn't explain it very well. Maybe it was back when the descendant instructor talked too fast (and after the patch a tad too slow tbh) - Basically it takes you to a screen, you pick a slot and then pick a symbol which doesn't mean anything to me currently and then I don't go further than that because I don't know what it does and I don't want to waste the upgrade thing. :p

Something unrelated to that I've got the craziest keybinds in this game now. Ability 1,2,3,4 is Q, E, R, F Use is V, reload is C then I changed my mouse up to have the right click as the grapple hook and the middle button to ADS - I might actually switch this to a side mouse button because I don't really use push to talk (the other side button is Melee)

You bet! Each mod slot can have a symbol applied to it that reduces the cost of a mod with the matching symbol by half. This polarizes that slot so that any mod with a matching symbol benefits in that fashion. In this way you can build better mod loadouts with the same total pool of mod points because you are not increasing the total pool but rather reducing the cost of induvial mods. These symbols can be added via the "module additional settings" button you mentioned. You can also increase your total pool of mod points with another dohickie, who's name eludes me at the moment. This system I've just described applies to both weapons and descendants. Lastly, you can earn more mod pool points for both weapons and descendants by increasing your mastery rank. 

Regarding you keyboard mouse layout, I only hear controller because I am a monster! 

• Thanks 1

Greetings, Descendants!

This is the Hotfix 1.0.3 patch carried out with the server maintenance on Thursday, July 18th.

Patch Details

Content Improvements
(1) UI/UX

• An option has been added to turn off other players' effects (projectile explosion).
  • In order to improve the visibility, the explosion effect and the duration of ‘Vestigial Organ’ have been reduced.

Director's Comment

As Gley's infinite launcher build became popular, we took temporary measures to address an issue where the explosion effect was disrupting gameplay severely. Currently, we only provide the option to disable other players' projectile explosion effects, but we are planning to enhance this feature for other effects as well.

• A system message has been added to make it easier to check the DBNO status of allies, and an extra measure has been added to the party member UI.
  • Reduced the research completion visual effect duration for materials frequently used in research.
  • ‘Away from keyboard (AFK)’ has been added to the player report menu.

Director's Comment
We have been keeping a close eye on recent trends regarding AFK, and we agree that AFK hinders the game play for other players. However, we believe that a cautious approach is required in this matter. This is because AFK judgment mechanisms can sometimes be bypassed with simple shooting or moving actions, and the AFK kick system can be exploited for other purposes.

First, we are trying to learn the patterns of AFK players with AFK reports. Through this, we plan to collect the information necessary to separate AFK players in matchmaking and prepare an appropriate measure in the future.

We are considering ways to resolve the AFK issue so that everyone can enjoy the game together. We ask you to respect other players in the meantime, and if you have an idea on this matter, please let us know.

• The UI has been updated so that major rewards obtained from quests that have already been cleared are checked in the quest list.
  • A function has been added to view acquisition information directly in the target section of Library.
  • Fixed an issue of scrolling to the top when moving from the target item of Library to the corresponding item list.
  • Added Firearm types and Rounds types to the Library Weapon List.
  • Fixed an issue where a player who joined the Void Fusion Reactor could use the Reconstructing Device even if there were no Void Shard after completing the mission.
  • When completing a Void Fragment mission obtaining two types of Void Shard, the amount obtained has increased by approximately 1.5 times.
  • Void Fusion Reactor mission tooltip has been updated to display the number of Void Shards.
  • Added Linked Amorphous Material to Void Fusion Reactor mission tooltip.
  • Void Shard attribute will now be displayed on the map directly.

Director's Comment
We discovered and fixed an issue where a party member’s ‘Abort Mission’ system was being exploited to repeatedly play the Void Fusion Reactor without consuming any Shards. While addressing this glitch, we also considered why players might resort to using it. We realized that the transition from Shard farming to actual Void Fusion Reactor missions was quite inconvenient and tedious. Therefore, we not only fixed the bug but also increased the amount of Void Shards obtained and improved the farming process to make it more convenient. Please wait a little longer, as we will significantly improve the Fragment farming routes in the upcoming Week 5 update scheduled for August 1st.

The Dev Team will continue to learn and grow from your playing experiences. We will always listen to your valuable feedback and strive to provide a better gaming environment.

• The number of Attached Items that can be registered has been updated to 1,000 each for weapons, reactors, and external components.

(2) Descendants

• ‘Thrill Bomb’ and ‘Lightning Emission’ with the Ultimate Bunny ‘High-Voltage’ module will now target nearby targets rather than random targets.
  • ‘Allergy’ of ‘Reconstruction Serum’ of Yujin now applies to Colossus as well.
  • Ultimate Bunny ‘Electric Charge’, ‘High-Voltage’ and Bunny ‘Electric Condense’ sound effects have been changed.
  • ‘Use Bunny's Skills to inflict Electrocution on enemies’ has been removed from the 2nd and 3rd stage evolution conditions of the bunny Evolving Skin ‘Speedy Awakened One’.

(3) Infiltration Operation

• You can now view mission results through the ESC menu after completing an Infiltration Operation.
  • The time limit for destroying the Ironheart has been removed in the Infiltration Operation ‘Fortress – Heart of the Fortress’.
  • The location of the supply droid in the Infiltration Operation ‘Fortress - Quarantine Zone’ has been moved to the battle zone, making it easier to supply bullets.

(4) Mission

• The position of immunity spheres of Named Monsters will not change anymore as the monsters move or rotate.
  • The sequential sphere type of the Named Immunity of ‘Alternate Hand of Nazeistra’ that appears in White-night Gulch ‘Eye of Truth’ has been updated.

(5) Field

• The drop quantity on Hard difficulty has been increased by approximately 1.5.

(6) Miscellaneous

• The stack limit for consumable items has been increased from 1 million to 100 million.
  • Updated some icon images.

Director's Comment
The First Descendant has been developed with deep affection and respect for various looter shooters, and we take feedback regarding other similar games very seriously. Through this hotfix, we are trying to reflect the unique identity of ‘The First Descendant’. We will continue to improve the game for the fans of the genre.

Optimization Improvements

• Fixed the memory leak that occurred intermittently in windowed mode.
  • Fixed the memory leak when using Frame Generation.
  • Fixed the issue of temporary frame drops when opening inventory with DLSS Frame Generation.
  • Fixed an issue where frame limit was not restored even if additional options were changed to Off when DLSS Frame Generation or FSR Frame Generation is enabled.

Bug Fixes

(1) UI/UX

• [Russian][Spanish][Portuguese] Fixed an issue where the material quantity text was cut off in Weapon Transmission.
  • Fixed an issue where the top menu remained when Scroll Map > Top Library through Acquisition Information, and then moving to the screen with ESC.
  • Fixed an issue where a black screen was briefly displayed when starting Special Operation.
  • Symbol effects have been added for ‘Code Analyzer’, ‘Code Breaker’, and ‘Core Material’ dropped.
  • Fixed an issue where account names starting with ‘#’ were not visible.

(2) Descendants

• Fixed an issue where the Descendant couldn't be changed after completing the exclusive dungeon of the quest ‘To Bunny, Our Beloved Daughter’ in the Bunny quests.
  • Fixed an issue where Bunny's Lightning Emission was used even if there was no moving distance when rolling over a box or wall.

Director's Comment
We love how Bunny runs fast, unleashes electric energy to take down her enemies. Bunny is a Descendant who gains her power in proportion to the distance she travels. However, rolling around in a corner and using her skills was not what we expected from her, so we decided to fix this.

Additionally, we are detecting the use of various macros and unauthorized programs through our monitoring system, including the rolling in place macro. We are currently taking actions against macros and unauthorized programs, and will continue to strive to create a more enjoyable gaming environment for everyone.

• Fixed an issue where sound effect was not played intermittently when landing on the floor with Kyle's ‘Superconductivity Thrusters’.
  • Fixed an issue where the charging motion was repeated with Kyle’s ‘Repulsion Dash’.

(3) Modules

• Fixed an issue where the ‘Arche Acceleration’ module did not increase the speed and distance of projectiles.
  • Fixed an issue where Ajax’s ‘Body Enhancement’ module did not reflect the max shield in the current shield after moving to the map.
  • Fixed an issue where the Firearm ATK of the ‘Shoot Focus’ module was applied as a sum operation and not as a multiplication operation.
  • Fixed an issue where the module list scroll was reset to the top after Module Enhancement.

(4) Mission

• Fixed an issue where monsters would not spawn if the first monsters spawned upon entering the Vulgus Strategic Outpost were immediately killed.
  • Fixed an issue where the next quest could not be started under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue where the sphere would tremble when it was far away during the Named Monster's sphere gimmick.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented field change by removing the shield created during the ‘Upper Hatchery’ mission in the White-night Gulch Hatchery.
  • Fixed an issue where monsters would spawn even without an actual battle in the White-night Gulch ‘Fortress Outskirts’.

Director's Comment
The Fortress Outskirts have become a popular farming area, with many monsters pouring in from the beginning of launch. We love the ‘run and kill’ play and believe running, shooting, and bursting are the fundamental aspects of a looter shooter. However, using the terrain to exploit and gather monsters without any action was not what we intended. If everyone simply stood still and hunted, the game's enjoyment would quickly diminish. Therefore, we decided to make a change.

We maintained the spawn rate by keeping the 4 Vulgus Resource Storages active simultaneously, but monsters will not increase when players are idle. Run, shoot, and create some explosions! Many more monsters will continue to appear.

(5) Field

• Fixed an issue where ‘Code Analyzer’ was intermittently required when working with the Encrypted Vault in the Hard difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue where falling while using a grappling hook in a certain section of the prologue caused you to spawn at the next location with the Mission Unfinished status.

(6) Void Intercept Battle

• Fixed an issue where the Removal did not happen intermittently and the grappling hook was maintained during a battle.

(7) Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where items were not collected when purchasing multiple items of the same product.

Director's Additional Comment
Thanks to the love and interest that you have shown us, we feel the brimming energy of the community. Hotfix 1.0.3 includes many fixes, which we hope will improve your gaming experience.

Recently, we saw a video in the community where the Colossus was defeated more quickly through module switching. If we had a bit more time, we would have liked to include a fix for this in Hotfix 1.0.3, but unfortunately, it didn't make it into this update.

The Dev Team does not want module switching to become another strategy. This method makes combat tedious and does not fit well with the run-and-gun playstyle. The Dev Team wants skills, weapons, modules, and external components to be part of the strategy. We hope that in-depth build research will progress, but strategies requiring inconvenient control are not what the development team aims for.

Last but not least, we are planning to skip the patch next week for the upcoming 5th week update on August 1st. Please look forward to the new Descendant Luna and Ultimate Valby, new intercept battles, new ultimate weapons, modules, external components, and skins on August 1st.

Thank you.

So seems like a lot of Bunny buffs (?) and maybe one change for something that wasn't intended.

A void shard increase is nice because you do not get very many from doing a whole lot of them.

And I bolded the icon thing because some people pointed out the icons were very similar to Destiny well seems that they have fixed it.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I think I've only seen one or two Gleys so far so I haven't seen any of those shenanigans. :p

Well its good the nerf the visual effect, because it was like trying to fight in a cloud bank! :lol:

49 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Mr.Vic20 So after your wonderful explanation of the module settings. I looked into it and then it says it resets your descendant level if you do it. So now I don't wanna do it. :(

Is it worth doing to if you go from fully leveled up to 0 again just to mod one slot?

:lol: Welcome to the WARFRAME way! You will level up from 0 to 40 probably 8 times for Warframe/Descendant you really like and want to max the build on. 

Edit: Good news though, the servers just went down so you don't have to do anything! 

• stepee 1

Here is an example of a build I'm working on right now. Note that every number in green means a full revel. 

IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Tightirish.

• Shocked 1

The “Obstructer” is dead! Two more colossi to go and all are defeated! I’m using a Gley build that focuses on constant self healing and a tamer build dropping 450K DPS. With a half competent team I can wreck anything. :sun:

• Hype 1

I did the prestige or mod slot thing so I'm only level 20 again. It's tough because it's hard to grind back up to 40. Especially when no one is doing the higher level story missions you can only take 2 or two shots before your shield is shredded and you go down.

I've actually been trying to do that one infiltration mission that has the red Freyna mod. Hasn't dropped for me, it's like the enhanced cells thing all over again!

If you do a hard mode infiltration do the percentages go up or are they just different rewards?

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I did the prestige or mod slot thing so I'm only level 20 again. It's tough because it's hard to grind back up to 40. Especially when no one is doing the higher level story missions you can only take 2 or two shots before your shield is shredded and you go down.

I've actually been trying to do that one infiltration mission that has the red Freyna mod. Hasn't dropped for me, it's like the enhanced cells thing all over again!

If you do a hard mode infiltration do the percentages go up or are they just different rewards?

I believe they change by x1.5 of normal.

And the final colossus on hard mode falls! :sun:

build

Gley +8 slot up grades + the magic mushroom upgrade. Tamer at 443K damage. Gley is the best boss killer because she has so many ways to keep healing. My current build has 16K health with level 100 gear. Using the sanguine ascendant mod I can, for reasons never explained, pull health from any object that has health. All of the pillars in boss fights have health because that’s how the game determines when they get blown apart by a colossus attack. So I just steal health from void blocks all fight long! :dancing:

• Hype 1

Thought they were going to cruise until August 1st but some of that seems ok.

They need to do something about the special operations though, very few people want to stick it out till the end. At least they give void fragments now so maybe people will stick around. :p

Les go!

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

PDT 2024.07.31 (Wed) 01:40– We have corrected some mistranslated expressions in the "Drop Rate Improvement Plans" occured during the translation process. We sincerely apologize for any confusion caused. Greetings, Descendants! Here are the details on The First Descendant Update 1.0.5 on Wednesday, July 31st.

New Descendant: Ultimate Valby
- Added "Ultimate Valby.

New Descendant: Luna
- Added new Descendant, Luna.

New Ultimate Equipment: Peace Maker
- Added new Ultimate Weapon Peace Maker. Using a Dimension skill grants the "Single Reload for Peace" effect.
At maximum stacks, the "Single Reload for Peace" effect enables you to fire the loaded ammo in a single quick burst when taking an aimed shot

Added New Hard Void Intercept Battle: Gluttony
- Added new Hard Difficulty Void Intercept Battle, Gluttony.
- Intercept Gluttony to collect the Hungry Sonic External Components Set and the blueprint of the Ultimate Weapon Peace Maker.

- Added a feature in Game Options that enables some single-shot and burst weapons to fire automatically when the fire button is pressed and held down.

(4) Field
- Increased the amount of Void Shards that can be acquired from Special Operations by about 7 times.

# Director's Comment
Hotfix 1.0.4 added Void Shards as rewards to Special Operations, but unfortunately, there were just too few. The original intent was to keep Void Fragments as the primary farming source for Void Shards, and get additional Void Shards from Special Operations.

But the community has told us that many of you don't like this loop, so we've increased the amount of Void Shards that can be earned in Special Operations. We're also working on some steps for future improvements.

Many players are currently farming materials without spending the Fragments at the Fusion Reactor, so we're considering removing the Fragments from the Fusion Reactor startup altogether. This would make the Fragments necessary only when the Reconstructing Device is used at the Fusion Reactor.

We're taking a close look at how the reward loop we planned works in practice. We'll try to finalize a reward loop that players will be satisfied with in the near future.
- Reduced the distance you're knocked down when hit by a trap.
- Lowered the ratio at which the named monster's immunity sphere HP scales with the number of players in Infiltration Operations, and reduced the duration of immunity.
- The Agna Desert, Vespers, Echo Swamp, White-night Gulch, Hagios, and Fortress fields now have a 100% chance to spawn Encrypted Vaults at spawn.
- Increased the hit box size in "data collection" missions to make it easier to collect data.
- Outside environmental sounds are now less audible in the indoor areas in Kingston.
- Adjusted the distance that monsters spawn in the Laboratory to be closer as 15m.

# Director's Additional Comment
Greetings, this is The First Descendant Director Minseok Joo. Today, I'm going to outline the Dev Team's plans for issues that are discussed frequently by the community.

The team is currently working on Season 1 and Season 2 updates, while also responding to improvement issues discovered during the live service. Today, I'm going to talk more about how we plan to improve the current state of The First Descendant rather than about the Season 1 and 2 updates.

Drop Rate Improvement Plans
While all of our drop rate systems are operating fairly in The First Descendant, we do understand that some players are struggling with the vagaries of drop rate. To address this, we're planning to introduce a new system where you can more easily get the item you want after repeating the activity a certain number of times.

The First Descendant has various missions and Amorphous Materials with chance-dependent rewards. We're considering how we can effectively take care for the drop-rate issue in such diverse reward systems, and we're working to create a farming structure that players will be happy with. We hope to make improvements before long to provide a more rational and satisfying farming experience.

Disposing of Leftover Items
Next is an update on items that are piling up in your Consumables. There is currently no way to dispose blueprints for Descendants and weapons that you've already completed, so there are cases where players are getting multiple copies of blueprints they already own during the farming process.

We've been listening to the community, who have told us that there needs to be a way to dispose of these unwanted items. While we could consider simply converting them into some Gold or Kuiper, we want to reward you with more value for the time you have put into the game.

To resolve this, the Dev Team is planning a system to dismantle leftover items to get byproducts, and a rotating shop system where you can exchange the byproducts for something of value. This will allow the items you obtained to have a greater value in the game.

Supporting Build Diversity
It's a lot of fun for us to see the variety of builds being posted in the community lately. We love seeing you try so many different builds and are amazed by the unexpected ways you've evolved them.

We hope for more builds to exist in The First Descendant, and we want an environment where players are free to experiment with different builds. However, we've found that it is difficult to take advantage of loadouts after assigning socket types, which goes against our goal of experimenting with different builds freely.

As a result, the Dev Team is planning to provide an environment where completely different builds can be created by assigning each loadout with different socket types. We hope this will help you experiment with different builds without feeling overwhelmed.

Balancing
Finally, some news about balancing. We are seeing a dominance of the skill damage-focused builds of some Descendants. Descendants and weapons that are well-suited for these builds are quite popular now.

We want the meta builds to change from season to season. We want the Descendants and weapons that are effective in new content to be different from those in previous seasons. Also, we're looking to increase the proportion of firearm-based combat in the endgame.

We can't promise that all Descendants and weapons will be equally balanced at all times, but our goal is to keep changing the effective builds. To that end, we promise to make constant adjustments and offer different ways to play with new content.

We aim to implement the improvements I talked about today during Seasons 1 and 2.

Your feedback means a lot to the Dev Team. We'll do our best to provide a better experience as we build the game together, and we'll continue to listen to you as we strive to make The First Descendant even better.

Thank you.

(And a bunch of other stuff I didn't post lol :p  )

• Halal 1

There's a decent amount of comments/changes on the communities biggest complaints to date, its all fairly promising. The still need to make reactors and the other slotable gear descendant independent. No one wants to keep a dozen reactors they have to swap out each time they take a different descendant/weapon type into the field. I'm just now completing my build of "Enduring Legacy", the ult machine gun. Current damage is just shy of 700K! IT took a non insignificant amount of time just to acquire the gun, let alone level it up so I'm quite happy that the resulting effort was worth it! :sun: 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

There's a decent amount of comments/changes on the communities biggest complaints to date

But will they fall for the "Nerf Bunny" troll comments? 🤔

I'm still chipping away. Still trying to get that Venom Synthesis module to drop. I finally completed research on Divine Punishment I think.

I almost called upon you the other day when I was fighting Devourer. First time I tried it I didn't know venom does nothing to it, so everyone quit out when we did no damage to it. So I switched to Bunny because it is weak to electric. The problem is other people who joined the mission maybe were unaware so we failed again. So like the 3rd time around someone has this launcher that does massive damage and it goes down pretty easily. :p

Currently I'm towards the end of White Night Gulch so maybe I'll luck out again or perhaps call upon your powers.

• Hype 1

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But will they fall for the "Nerf Bunny" troll comments? 🤔

I'm still chipping away. Still trying to get that Venom Synthesis module to drop. I finally completed research on Divine Punishment I think.

I almost called upon you the other day when I was fighting Devourer. First time I tried it I didn't know venom does nothing to it, so everyone quit out when we did no damage to it. So I switched to Bunny because it is weak to electric. The problem is other people who joined the mission maybe were unaware so we failed again. So like the 3rd time around someone has this launcher that does massive damage and it goes down pretty easily. :p

Currently I'm towards the end of White Night Gulch so maybe I'll luck out again or perhaps call upon your powers.

Consider me on standby sir! Definitely read the encounter screen where it tells you what your protections and weapons will need to best take on the colossus. And yeah, you enjoyed the benefits of a Rocket Gley on that run! I can now take down devourer solo fairly quickly.   

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I haven't seen any of those yet I don't believe. I have one of the purple ones that has resistances against everything. I forget what it's called.

They can technically drop from a large variety of places, but I've only managed to snag two of the four so far!