The First Descendant | F2P 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming July 2, 2024 for Consoles & PC

Keyser_Soze

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to The First Descendant | F2p 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming 2023 for Xbox & PC (Crossplay Beta in August)
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to The First Descendant | F2P 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming 2023 for Consoles & PC (Crossplay Beta in August)
  • 2 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to The First Descendant | F2P 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming Summer 2024 for Consoles & PC
  • 5 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to The First Descendant | F2P 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming Summer 2024 for Consoles & PC [Technical Test on May 25]
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to The First Descendant | F2P 3rd Person Action RPG Shooter Using Unreal Engine 5 | Coming July 2, 2024 for Consoles & PC
  • 2 weeks later...

I beat the first mission seems alright so far. The grappling hook is pretty cool.

It runs well, but it's weird. It set me at medium, then I cranked everything up to ultra and it ran the same so I dunno.

Also, it looked washed out in parts and the brightness and contrast did nothing (except make it look more washed out), so I thought is it my monitor? Then I started fiddling with things and well long story short. Am I going to have to mess with my monitor settings now? :p

Its pretty much what i thought it would be based on the beta. It wants to be somewhere between Destiny and Warframe and is dorky as hell. That said it is a looker and plays well enough. I just arrived at the Albion hub and will venture out to the first mission at some point today. 

41 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Its pretty much what i thought it would be based on the beta. It wants to be somewhere between Destiny and Warframe and is dorky as hell. That said it is a looker and plays well enough. I just arrived at the Albion hub and will venture out to the first mission at some point today. 

So it didn't look washed out to you? I looked at some steam discussions (very brave) and some people said the same thing. I hope they fix it because it looks ... odd.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So it didn't look washed out to you? I looked at some steam discussions (very brave) and some people said the same thing. I hope they fix it because it looks ... odd.

No it looked fine on my screen. I've seen comments that there are issues with HDR, but I've not experienced them. The game did crash over a dozen times though while compiling the initial shader library, which was fun! So far we have a semi generic Destiny here. I'll put in 10-20 hours before having a real view though. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

No it looked fine on my screen. I've seen comments that there are issues with HDR, but I've not experienced them. The game did crash over a dozen times though while compiling the initial shader library, which was fun! So far we have a semi generic Destiny here. I'll put in 10-20 hours before having a real view though. 

I don't have HDR though and it's turned off. Yet the blacks look washed out. If I turn down brightness or contrast it just looks darker and more washed out.

No crashes for me though!

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't have HDR though and it's turned off. Yet the blacks look washed out. If I turn down brightness or contrast it just looks darker and more washed out.

No crashes for me though!

RT on? I know a few folks suggested Ray Tracing is busted as well.