Metaphor: ReFantazio | new fantasy RPG from Atlus | October 10, 2024 - Opencritic Posted

Keyser_Soze

41 minutes ago, Best said:

@Bacon @legend

I was near the end of the grand cathedral and used the cat to save and head back to town. How do I return to that specific cat once I'm ready to continue?

You can't use cat shrines for teleportation, only safe rooms. Go to the last safe room on the list (the last should be furthest "in") and walk back. Most enemies will not respawn, so if you had been clearing the floors, it should be a relatively easy run back.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, legend said:

You can't use cat shrines for teleportation, only safe rooms. Go to the last safe room on the list (the last should be furthest "in") and walk back. Most enemies will not respawn, so if you had been clearing the floors, it should be a relatively easy run back.

Yea I make sure to kill all enemies. Thanks

• Halal 1

Just a small tip if people didn't know. The side quest dungeons respawn enemies whenever you return to the entrance or enter a magla hollow. Except for boss enemies, you can just keep on farming the dungeon or dense clusters of mobs near a magla hollow for however long you want without progressing time. I don't really farm that much EXP, but it's a great money grind w/ Merchant if you are like me and just buy loads of shit.

54 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I hate the dirt stains on the MC's coat. I've tried the washing machine and shower yet the coat stays dirty.

Sadly, "in this world" tide pens have yet to be invented.

Speaking of which, I just want to say that the fantasy book you read sounds like the most boring book ever written. Every fucking passage someone reads is just a list of facts that begins with "In this world" or "In this nation." It sounds utterly miserably and the Igor analog should be punched in the face for it.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

6 minutes ago, legend said:

Speaking of which, I just want to say that the fantasy book you read sounds like the most boring book ever written. Every fucking passage someone reads is just a list of facts that begins with "In this world" or "In this nation." It sounds utterly miserably and the Igor analog should be punched in the face for it.

No kidding. Gotta say, I hate More. Igor is a gigachad and More is a loser bitch. I don't get how they regressed this badly. Edit: They should have at least made More a woman with big tits, brown skin, white hair, red eyes, and elf ears.

• Haha 2

It's not a huge deal, but I hate that the MC is another anime twink highschool boy, but this time right out of fire emblem. I wish the character could have been customizable (rip anime cutscenes i guess) OR actually been his own character like Geralt. I'm not sure if there is any romance in this game, but if there isn't a forced one, it is a shame that the first persona with an all adult cast doesn't have people to fuck. I want that Brigittussy.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

They should have at least made More a woman with big tits, brown skin, white hair, red eyes, and elf ears.

You truly are a sick twisted fuck lol. In all honesty the stuff you complain about I don't even notice. I stand by my opinion in that you are the pickiest gamer I've ever known. It's not a shot at you, just an observation over the years. 

• Wrong 1

What's wrong with an elf chick with big tits, brown skin, white hair, and red eyes?

And I'm not really sure about what stuff you aren't noticing. Cuz the only two major visual things I talked about are the dirt stains and low rez textures. Both of which would be MUCH harder to notice on a smaller screen so it's not fair of you to say you don't notice them when we are playing different resolutions and on different-sized screens. Also, your coat may be dirt-free assuming you are still in the grand cathedral. The coat doesn't start dirty. It gets dirty with no way of cleaning it.

And wanting a non-twink MC, an elf chick with big tits, brown skin, white hair, and red eye, and the ability to bang Brigitta in-game isn't me nitpicking. They are my preferences. Things that I think would make the game better in every measurable way.

Oh, and I did mention the base audio levels being low, and Atlus agreed and raised that shit HARD.

• stepee 1

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What's wrong with an elf chick with big tits, brown skin, white hair, and red eyes?

And I'm not really sure about what stuff you aren't noticing. Cuz the only two major visual things I talked about are the dirt stains and low rez textures. Both of which would be MUCH harder to notice on a smaller screen so it's not fair of you to say you don't notice them when we are playing different resolutions and on different-sized screens. Also, your coat may be dirt-free assuming you are still in the grand cathedral. The coat doesn't start dirty. It gets dirty with no way of cleaning it.

And wanting a non-twink MC, an elf chick with big tits, brown skin, white hair, and red eye, and the ability to bang Brigitta in-game isn't me nitpicking. They are my preferences. Things that I think would make the game better in every measurable way.

Oh, and I did mention the base audio levels being low, and Atlus agreed and raised that shit HARD.

I initially was playing this on a 65 inch screen. I'm just playin around, man. You have every right to have nitpicks. You are just really detailed in what you like and don't like. 

Fir instance, you really hating the MC outfit. That to me is not even an important aspect to notice or complain about. But you like things a certain way and that is completely fine. You are also much more familiar with this genre than I am so you're looking for many different things that I wouldn't. 

I seriously always enjoy reading your impressions on games BECAUSE of how detailed your viewpoints are. 

3 minutes ago, Best said:

I initially was playing this on a 65 inch screen. I'm just playin around, man. You have every right to have nitpicks. You are just really detailed in what you like and don't like. 

Fir instance, you really hating the MC outfit. That to me is not even an important aspect to notice or complain about. But you like things a certain way and that is completely fine. You are also much more familiar with this genre than I am so you're looking for many different things that I wouldn't. 

I seriously always enjoy reading your impressions on games BECAUSE of how detailed your viewpoints are. 

Yeah, ok. But still, what's wrong with an elf chick with big tits, brown skin, white hair, and red eyes? It's peak character design.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, ok. But still, what's wrong with an elf chick with big tits, brown skin, white hair, and red eyes? It's peak character design.

Animated GIF

You have to be really careful around here in stating what you like in characters. Especially female or you will get shit on. I've completely stopped giving impressions on women in general. 

8 minutes ago, Best said:

Are you enjoying more on your Deck?

1 minute ago, Best said:

You have to be really careful around here in stating what you like in characters. Especially female or you will get shit on. I've completely stopped giving impressions on women in general. 

Well, I don't need to be careful when I just spitting facts. In terms of anime characters, you can't get hotter than that. Everyone likes it, or they hate it cuz they ain't it.

Just now, Biggie said:

Are you enjoying more on your Deck?

Overall, yes. But sometimes it's a little difficult to read some information on the deck's screen. But the comfort playing on my deck in my bed is just phenomenal. Instead of playing a max two hours on my PS5 in a chair, I get roughly 4 hours of playing on my deck. 

3 minutes ago, Best said:

@Bacon My inexperienced ass just died at the crystal in the grand cathedral.

I was fighting a new enemy in which only magic hurt them.

Is there something I'm missing here? My team got wiped off the floor after using up all my resources. 

Yeah, give everyone light spells. The Hama spell. That's it. The game is telling you to adapt.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just fought a level 60 boss at level 34 and won. It sure was tough, even on normal. I'm sure you could beat it on hard with the same tactics.

I beat this boss on hard. I recorded it.

It's a long fight. 30 minutes. I made mistakes but I beat it.

Here is the video. Mild spoilers but nothing major.

Spoiler

Watch at 2x speed if you actually wanna watch the thing.

• Halal 1

Tomorrow starts the Blessed Water grind. Gonna steal from the mimics and retreat until I have 99 of them. Not sure if 99 is the cap, but I don't want to spend too much time on that grind.

Oh, and not sure if I mentioned it, but there is a no grunting mod on gamebanana. I got it and installed it along with the Ryo Framework and Reloaded-II. Under advanced options in the edit tab, I was able to "deploy ASI loader" so now I can launch the game thru steam and not have to launch R-II.