Metaphor: ReFantazio | new fantasy RPG from Atlus | October 10, 2024 - Opencritic Posted

Keyser_Soze

Just now, Best said:

I see. I thought maybe you were struggling somewhere and needed to grind to get past a section.

Nah, I just like getting to a high enough level so I can move forward through the game in a straight line. It's really nice to never really be concerned about levels. It's the same thought process that makes me use the exploits in Mass Effect that raise my paragon and renegade.

If I could, I'd just give my characters the exact right level that provides me with a balanced level of difficulty for the whole game.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

but I wouldn't need to ever fight a mob that respawned or grind again/for a long while. That is always my goal.

In the first "real" dungeon (further than where you are) I've noticed that the mobs are not respawning between days, which is different than how it was in Persona games. I kind of like it, because you don't feel quite as punished if you stop early.

15 minutes ago, Best said:

Use a guide for what?

So I can ensure I see all the social links while maxing out all of my social stats. "On Monday hang out with Friend A and spend the night studying to raise intellect. On Tuesday, enter the dungeon. On Wednesday, speak to Person B in the back alley, and spend time with Friend B at night." That sort of stuff. Not sure if you have to do it in M:R, but in persona, your days had to be planned out ahead if you wanted to see max everything in one go.

I don't really replay games so I try to get the most out of it in the first play-thru.

Spoiler

Like, I already know I won't see the super boss because it requires you to enter NG+ and bascially replay the entire game as your levels don't carry over.

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

So I can ensure I see all the social links while maxing out all of my social stats. "On Monday hang out with Friend A and spend the night studying to raise intellect. On Tuesday, enter the dungeon. On Wednesday, speak to Person B in the back alley, and spend time with Friend B at night." That sort of stuff. Not sure if you have to do it in M:R, but in persona, your days had to be planned out ahead if you wanted to see max everything in one go.

I don't really replay games so I try to get the most out of it in the first play-thru.

You're hardcore!

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

The grand cathedral isn't the first real dungeon?

Ah no, sorry, that's right. I thought you were talking about the very first dungeony place you go. IIRC that does have respawning mobs, but that is not the case for the Grand Cathedral. Or least I never ran into any, and mobs that used to be there on one day that I killed were not when I came back the next.

1 minute ago, legend said:

Grand Cathedral. Or least I never ran into any, and mobs that used to be there on one day that I killed were not when I came back the next.

Oh, well mobs to respawn. Not all of them, but a lot of them. You just need to get far away enough from them or load a new zone and some of them will respawn.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Also, like with every persona ever, I am using a 100% guide so I always end up doing all dungeons in 1 in-game day.

Like P5, that seems rough on the first dungeon unless you're just running past enemies. Keeping the mana up is hard early level is hard. And worse, it's not like P5 where they force you back before the boss fight. If you're going all in one go, that includes the boss.

Also I wouldn't be too focused on the calendar to begin with.

"We didn't want players to feel limited by time," states the director. "You'll be able to return later to places you've visited using a fast travel system, so you can do everything you want without feeling rushed."

• Thanks 2

I think the skill for a certain class is broken.

Spoiler

Passive skill for merchant, "alchemy" says it has a chance to drop a small sum of money when you stun or kill a field enemy. But it's a 100% chance. So you can just one-shot weaker enemies and farm up tons of cash.

• Halal 1

@legend

Fewer enemies than I thought respawn but some do respawn.

No audio cuz I different audio sources fucked shit up.

Just posting as an FYI in case someone needs enemies to kill or grind. Like in the video, it's mostly enemies that spawn in side rooms that respawn. Tho, on one of the higher floors, there are these floating grey alien sperm ghosts that also respawn.

• Halal 1