Metaphor: ReFantazio | new fantasy RPG from Atlus | October 10, 2024 - Opencritic Posted

Keyser_Soze

40 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

The anti-woke crowd is starting to hammer this. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but they're complaining the game preaches cultural tolerance.

I love how the anti-woke crowd has apparently been oblivious to the social statements of all media prior to about 2018.

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

The anti-woke crowd is starting to hammer this. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but they're complaining the game preaches cultural tolerance.

1 hour ago, legend said:

I love how the anti-woke crowd has apparently been oblivious to the social statements of all media prior to about 2018.

Probably part of the crowd, but there is someone out there upset that  Pyramid Head is "censored" in the remake. Allegedly they don't show his ass in the initial scene or something. :/

(But not sure anti-woke or just the weird Silent Hill purists)

• Haha 1

I get being Anti-Woke IRL, but in video games????? Listen, I'm a gamer and weeb. We must protect big titty anime elves at all costs! We must protect Living Pocket Pussies Fairies! I can't live in a world where Aura Shurifon is considered woke. YOU WILL NEVER TAKE HOT DARK ELVES AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE MINE!

On 10/9/2024 at 11:26 AM, legend said:

These dumbasses are completely oblivious to the fact that Star Wars is essentially a movie where "terrorists" are the good guys and the government is evil. Or that Blazing Saddles is mocking racist idiots.

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Best said:

Check PayPal :fap:

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was playing the demo, and I saw the D1P notification. I was like, "i'll check that in a sec," and then I hear my phone go beep and I thought it was an email. I pause the game and then BAM!!!!

Fuckin' thanks dood!

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was playing the demo, and I saw the D1P notification. I was like, "i'll check that in a sec," and then I hear my phone go beep and I thought it was an email. I pause the game and then BAM!!!!

Fuckin' thanks dood!

No problem

On 10/9/2024 at 10:39 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Probably part of the crowd, but there is someone out there upset that  Pyramid Head is "censored" in the remake. Allegedly they don't show his ass in the initial scene or something. :/

(But not sure anti-woke or just the weird Silent Hill purists)

But they gave him a 16 inch Pyramid Cock!

Which I guess for this crowd would be as woke as it gets! Real men only have 2 inch peters, everyone knows that!

So, on one hand, I think the chase attacks, or whatever they are called are pretty cool. It really turns trash mobs into trash mobs. On the other hand, I feel like I wouldn't like it as much if I hadn't already experienced years of having to go through battle transition screens only to kill a monster in one hit.  Like, I can tell if it's good game design or a bandaid fix. I guess it doesn't matter tho. I don't know. It cool but it also feels like it's odd that it exists.

Also, man Strohl has a killer VA. Mr. Bland suddenly stopped being so bland. I thought for sure he was a character that only existed to die lol. Like, ENG VA has come a long way tho. I'm always surprised when it is good in an anime game. Part of me thinks that FFXIV is the reason we got better VAs. Shit used to be so trash.

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

So, on one hand, I think the chase attacks, or whatever they are called are pretty cool. It really turns trash mobs into trash mobs. On the other hand, I feel like I wouldn't like it as much if I hadn't already experienced years of having to go through battle transition screens only to kill a monster in one hit.  Like, I can tell if it's good game design or a bandaid fix. I guess it doesn't matter tho. I don't know. It cool but it also feels like it's odd that it exists.

Also, man Strohl has a killer VA. Mr. Bland suddenly stopped being so bland. I thought for sure he was a character that only existed to die lol. Like, ENG VA has come a long way tho. I'm always surprised when it is good in an anime game. Part of me thinks that FFXIV is the reason we got better VAs. Shit used to be so trash.

I only dabbled with this for like 30 minutes. I was skipping dialogue and cutscenes just to see how the game plays. 

I ran into an enemy that killed me with two hits. Is this game supposed to be difficult?

The art style in this is very cool. I'm digging in tomorrow morning. 

8 minutes ago, Best said:

I ran into an enemy that killed me with two hits. Is this game supposed to be difficult?

The very first zone has enemies 10+ levels higher than you. You aren't supposed to fight them. I did kill one sandworm and two hyenas but got literally nothing for it.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Best said:

I only dabbled with this for like 30 minutes. I was skipping dialogue and cutscenes just to see how the game plays. 

The art style in this is very cool. I'm digging in tomorrow morning. 

40 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The very first zone has enemies 10+ levels higher than you. You aren't supposed to fight them. I did kill one sandworm and two hyenas but got literally nothing for it.

Incidentally, if you didn't skip the dialog they would have told you this :p 

• Haha 2
  • True 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Your fairy does comment that you're a good fighter and that she's impressed if you kill stuff! But reminds you that it's not the time to be fighting at that point in the game. Getting credit for doing something I'm not supposed to do is the biggest reward!

12 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Your fairy does comment that you're a good fighter and that she's impressed if you kill stuff! But reminds you that it's not the time to be fighting at that point in the game. Getting credit for doing something I'm not supposed to do is the biggest reward!

I WANT COLD HARD EXP, MONEY, AND GEAR.

Anyway, close is the demo to being over after the optional boss in the mines? That boss was actually no harder than the boss before it. Hell, if anything, the optional boss was easier because it didn't buff ATK of DEF.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I WANT COLD HARD EXP, MONEY, AND GEAR.

Anyway, close is the demo to being over after the optional boss in the mines? That boss was actually no harder than the boss before it. Hell, if anything, the optional boss was easier because it didn't buff ATK of DEF.

You've got a ways to go.

Also the demo gives you 3 free days before it ends, (it'll explicitly tell you when you're getting the 3 days) and those can take anywhere from a few minutes of raising stats to, like me, spending several hours in dungeons.

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Ah, well, I won't finish before the game comes out. Unless there is some bonus from the demo, I see no reason to continue.

Yup, it pulls in all demo save data, and you definitely won't finish before the game comes out, because it came out like 2 minutes after your post!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1