Metaphor: ReFantazio | new fantasy RPG from Atlus | October 10, 2024 - Opencritic Posted

Keyser_Soze

Just now, Best said:

I finally passed the grand cathedral. The "boss fight" was extremely easy.

@Bacon Is it possible to run through the entire game with a seeker, mage, and healer? Or does the game force you to keep changing your strategy up?

The game is about exploiting weaknesses. There will be a time when you need to fight a series of back-to-back bosses and beat them within three turns or it is a game over. You'll pretty much have to make a party where at least two members can exploit the weakness. You'll have to change shit up.

There is a way to avoid switching things up somewhat, but it's not worth it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The game is about exploiting weaknesses. There will be a time when you need to fight a series of back-to-back bosses and beat them within three turns or it is a game over. You'll pretty much have to make a party where at least two members can exploit the weakness. You'll have to change shit up.

There is a way to avoid switching things up somewhat, but it's not worth it.

Ok that's cool. I was just curious in how these games progress. I played Persona 5 for over 20 hours and it was kinda a more linear experience.

This has more freedom and options which imo makes it a better RPG.

Unless something similar happens in Persona 5 and I just never got to that point. 

Just now, Best said:

Ok that's cool. I was just curious in how these games progress. I played Persona 5 for over 20 hours and it was kinda a more linear experience.

This has more freedom and options which imo makes it a better RPG.

Unless something similar happens in Persona 5 and I just never got to that point. 

In Persona, only the MC can change up their abilities/persona. In M:R no one is limited to 1 archetype/persona.

• Halal 1