PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

Seems like the problem was probably that the DisplayPort cable wasn't quiiiiiite properly seated into the adapter. Now I can get to setup of the play area but it seems to only want to do setting up a standing play area? I thought you could do a sitting option, I simply don't have the space to set up a standing playing area.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Seems like the problem was probably that the DisplayPort cable wasn't quiiiiiite properly seated into the adapter. Now I can get to setup of the play area but it seems to only want to do setting up a standing play area? I thought you could do a sitting option, I simply don't have the space to set up a standing playing area.

You adjust height in games

13 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

You adjust height in games

Well I had to move my chair out of the way to get it to finish the initial scan, then it asked if I wanted a custom or quick setup area and quick had an image of a person sitting on a couch so I did that. Then the fucking pointer beam wouldn't show up to let me select that I was done and wanted to move to the next bit of setup. :frustrated:

• 2 weeks later...

So, Sony filed a new VR patent the other week implying that they may release an updated PSVR2 for some reason. The patent is for prescription lenses to be used/integrated with the PSVR2. I don’t know if it’s inserts that Sony will sell (you can already buy magnetic ones from a ton of third parties) or if it’ll be like the newest Vive headset where the lenses are built-in and you can adjust to various prescription strengths in real time.
The other assumption is that since the PS5 Pro has WiFi7 that an updated PSVR2 will also support WiFi7 which has enough bandwidth to be fully wireless (and, apparently, a PS5 Pro home screen pic that was shown showed a PSVR2 headset connected and it had a battery/charge symbol on it).

• Shocked 1