PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@Stickey @stepee I have Audio Shield but not Beat Saber, I kind of want to get Beat Saber because it looks like a bit of a more involved game (Audio Shield is very good already). The thing I like about Audio Shield is you can use your own music and it creates levels based from scanning the mp3 - can you use custom tracks with Beat Saber on PC? Google is not giving me a straight answer.

I played beat saber on quest 3. 

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Best said:

I played beat saber on quest 3. 

I think PC might be different as I’m wondering about custom tracks which is why I didn’t tag you: for instance, I know you can’t do custom tracks on the PSVR version(s). :sun:

Buuuuut, since you replied: can you use custom tracks (mp3s) on the quest version?

33 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Does this help or did it come up in your google search already?

BSABER.COM

So you are new to Beat Saber? Maybe you have seen someone play a cool map on YouTube or TikTok but now that you bought the game you cannot find the map? Then this guide is for you!

It looks like I’d be limited to what someone else made and it won’t create levels with my own music like Audio Shield does, but I’m not sure because it just says “maps” not songs.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It looks like I’d be limited to what someone else made and it won’t create levels with my own music like Audio Shield does, but I’m not sure because it just says “maps” not songs.

Just buy it and check if it does and if it doesn’t refund it :P

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I think PC might be different as I’m wondering about custom tracks which is why I didn’t tag you: for instance, I know you can’t do custom tracks on the PSVR version(s). :sun:

Buuuuut, since you replied: can you use custom tracks (mp3s) on the quest version?

Oh, I know why you didn't tag me. :p

This is what I found out about beat saber on quest 3.

Yes, you can use custom songs (MP3s) on the Meta Quest or Quest 3 version of Beat Saber by modding the game. Here are some steps you can take:

Turn on developer mode on your Quest headset

Set up SideQuest on your computer

Install and set up BMBF

Download custom songs from bsaber.com

Extract each song into a folder

Copy the folder to your Quest using the SideQuest file manager

Install the modded version of Beat Saber

Click on Browser and navigate to the Beast Saber tab

Search for a song or map and click on the Download button 

lol so it's possible but not for me because I don't own a PC..yet. 

The game was fun though. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 4:43 AM, stepee said:

I’ve never played beat saber :P

I've played it, never purched it lol. I gave smaller devs a chance when it came to rythem based games. Ragnarock is the best and I really enjoyed Synth Ryders which I think both game support customs songs (ragnarock for sure). I'm pretty sure beatsaber allows custom songs (you can play the entire Shrek movie I'm pretty sure) but you do have to build the level still. No automatic leveling. 

17 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m gonna wait for a sale, $30 seems like a lot for what it is, $10-15 is my goal :p 

It never goes on sale lol. Best bet is getting a referral link for 25 percent off the Oculus store. 

4 hours ago, Stickey said:

It never goes on sale lol.

It’s been $20ish before on Steam, or GMG… somewhere. I didn’t pull the trigger before because I just had my OG Vive :p 

4 hours ago, Stickey said:

Best bet is getting a referral link for 25 percent off the Oculus store. 

I don’t have Oculus.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh boy, sold out everywhere. 

It’s been getting restocked frequently, it’s already been up multiple times on Best Buy & GameStop since launch day and 3-4 more times on PS Direct store. GameStop retail stores got shipments Friday so you can call around too.

Just played HL: Alyx for the first time. Holy fuck. Best VR title that I’ve played so far, and the graphics are the best for a VR game that I’ve played so far. Also, it looks like finger tracking does work on PSVR2 PC, but it registers it purely on touch of the L/R1, L/R2, and analog stick + buttons (they’re touch sensitive, you don’t need to press down on any of them: pressing down fully closes the fingers/thumbs).

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Just played HL: Alyx for the first time. Holy fuck. Best VR title that I’ve played so far, and the graphics are the best for a VR game that I’ve played so far. Also, it looks like finger tracking does work on PSVR2 PC, but it registers it purely on touch of the L/R1, L/R2, and analog stick + buttons (they’re touch sensitive, you don’t need to press down on any of them: pressing down fully closes the fingers/thumbs).

Fuck that is one game I really want to try in vr. Lucky.

36 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

So it’s all working right???

Found this: 

GITHUB.COM

Use tracked VR devices from one company with any other. - pushrax/OpenVR-SpaceCalibrator

Seems to “trick” some controllers to be tracked by different brand headsets. Even allows base-station-based controllers to be tracked by non-base station headsets (ie: someone allegedly got Index (knuckle) controllers to track with a PS VR2 without the lighthouses/base stations being on).

Canada finally got the price drop on this set and basic set it $450cnd. Tempting but I barely touch my oculus quest 1 with my pc. Although I have a PS5 as well, but money is also needed. Might get me playing my GT7 game again