PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

4 hours ago, stepee said:

This is going to be a direct video connection right and not a usbc video feed like meta3 with pc? The quality of direct quest link is worse than virtual desktop over wifi. It would be nice if the adapter is just a straight display port link, I haven’t looked at what it actually is.

It’s using an adapter box and it mentions “display port cable not included”, so I’m guessing USB-C (for power) and display port for video.

• Hype 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

It’s using an adapter box and it mentions “display port cable not included”, so I’m guessing USB-C (for power) and display port for video.

That is good!

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Amazon.com: PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of The Mountain™ Bundle (PSVR2) : Everything Else

Horizon PSVR2 bundle is on sale for $400, not bad with the PC adapter out next Wednesday. (non-bundle is on sale for $350)

I'd still probably recommend Quest 3 unless there are some PS5 VR games you really want to play, like GT7 or RE4 Remake.

That adapter is a game changer. I have often thought over the Meta 3 or PS5VR headsets but I feel I would be subject to motion sickness easily as I have never played or even tried on a VR headset. I still would like to play half life alex and a few other titles but I'm just not sure if VR is right for me.

8 minutes ago, HardAct said:

That adapter is a game changer. I have often thought over the Meta 3 or PS5VR headsets but I feel I would be subject to motion sickness easily as I have never played or even tried on a VR headset. I still would like to play half life alex and a few other titles but I'm just not sure if VR is right for me.

I recently got the quest 3 and got sick while watching a simulated roller-coaster ride. I got sweaty and really sick in the stomach. 

• Sad 1

read up on this  adapter and its pretty weird that NEARLY EVERYTHING that makes the psvr2 headset cool will not work with pc!! WTF SONY, I'm not a customer anyways but when hooked up To a pc via the psvr2's adapter and your not getting any of the features like HDR, eye tracking and a few others. Oh well it makes my thought of maybe buying a vr headset soon pushed back to later if ever......

On 8/3/2024 at 8:45 PM, HardAct said:

read up on this  adapter and its pretty weird that NEARLY EVERYTHING that makes the psvr2 headset cool will not work with pc!! WTF SONY, I'm not a customer anyways but when hooked up To a pc via the psvr2's adapter and your not getting any of the features like HDR, eye tracking and a few others. Oh well it makes my thought of maybe buying a vr headset soon pushed back to later if ever......

Quest 3 S is right around the corner. Should be around the 299 mark. 

• Thanks 1

Some people who got the adapter early are reporting intermittent issues with controller connectivity, but others are saying they aren’t having issues. I’m guessing it’s related to/varies by what BT adapter/connector being used, which is kinda stupid because Sony should’ve just included a way to directly connect the controllers to the adapter (ie: it has some type of BT controller built in)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Some people who got the adapter early are reporting intermittent issues with controller connectivity, but others are saying they aren’t having issues. I’m guessing it’s related to/varies by what BT adapter/connector being used, which is kinda stupid because Sony should’ve just included a way to directly connect the controllers to the adapter (ie: it has some type of BT controller built in)

They connect to the pc bluetooth  not the adapter itself????

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Apparently, just like a dualsense. explains why adaptive triggers won’t work lol

so, so half assed, damn. No wonder people have issues lol. Probably a lot of people in congested apartments like me where bluetooth works like dog shit unless you get an adapter with an antenna like i finally had to just so an xbox controller worked ok to my laptop connected to my bedroom tv.

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

so, so half assed, damn. No wonder people have issues lol. Probably a lot of people in congested apartments like me where bluetooth works like dog shit unless you get an adapter with an antenna like i finally had to just so an xbox controller worked ok to my laptop connected to my bedroom tv.

I'm going to try the one built into my motherboard and see how it goes (if I actually get an adapter tomorrow - I have a feeling bots are going to get all of them)

26 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm going to try the one built into my motherboard and see how it goes (if I actually get an adapter tomorrow - I have a feeling bots are going to get all of them)

Are they limited? If you can get in could you order two and I’ll pay you double, I can’t deal w it rn :(

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Are they limited? If you can get in could you order two and I’ll pay you double, I can’t deal w it rn :(

At the PS Direct Store and "select retailers". I have no idea how many they made, but with the surge in PSVR2 sales since the price cut I'm sure there will be a run on them. If I'm able to get a second one I'll grab you one, just pay me back + shipping, no need for a tip (not a monetary one :fap:)

• Hype 1

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

At the PS Direct Store and "select retailers". I have no idea how many they made, but with the surge in PSVR2 sales since the price cut I'm sure there will be a run on them. If I'm able to get a second one I'll grab you one, just pay me back + shipping, no need for a tip (not a monetary one :fap:)

Ty!! That Direct Input Psvr2 episode had me really pumped to play with it again when I get home. For some of the actual psvr stuff too, like I want to go back to Horizon, but I’d like to see Alyx and stuff on oled and I kind of like the idea of a direct connection that isn’t video streaming over usbc like meta does.

edit: And I don’t quite understand how they are doing this whole thing yet but I feel like this could lead to some sort of hack to allow use of the psvr controllers with apple vision steamvr streaming which would be like whattt

@stepee

I missed the original Amazon listing by literally less than 1 minute. I woke up around 12:30am because a box fell in my closet, figured I’d check amazon but when searching nothing showed up, checked the tabs for BB and GameStop I had in my phone and still “coming soon”… a minute later I decided to check the PSVR sub-Reddit to see if any other retailers listed the adapter… “UP ON AMAZON” posted 35 minutes ago, I check the link (adapter still doesn’t show a listing if you search manually) and “temporarily out of stock”, I look at the replies and replies from less than 1 minute ago say “just went out of stock” (so, if I checked Reddit first or if the listing showed in a search then I would’ve gotten it). :|

BUT a few minutes ago it went back up and let me order one even though it’s still listed as OOS (no delivery date available yet). I then checked PlayStation Direct Store and the listing just went up and I was able to grab one there. So, if you still want one I will hopefully be getting two, but if not let me know and I’ll cancel the Amazon order.

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepee

I missed the original Amazon listing by literally less than 1 minute. I woke up around 12:30am because a box fell in my closet, figured I’d check amazon but when searching nothing showed up, checked the tabs for BB and GameStop I had in my phone and still “coming soon”… a minute later I decided to check the PSVR sub-Reddit to see if any other retailers listed the adapter… “UP ON AMAZON” posted 35 minutes ago, I check the link (adapter still doesn’t show a listing if you search manually) and “temporarily out of stock”, I look at the replies and replies from less than 1 minute ago say “just went out of stock” (so, if I checked Reddit first or if the listing showed in a search then I would’ve gotten it). :|

BUT a few minutes ago it went back up and let me order one even though it’s still listed as OOS (no delivery date available yet). I then checked PlayStation Direct Store and the listing just went up and I was able to grab one there. So, if you still want one I will hopefully be getting two, but if not let me know and I’ll cancel the Amazon order.

Oh I definitely do!!

Set up wasn’t difficult, but for some reason after pairing to my PC, my PS5 would turn on and take over the left controller (the right controller would stay paired to my PC and if I forced it off and turned it back on it would still pair to my PC). Had to plug the controllers into my PS5 to update the firmware as the PS5 kept taking over the left controller when it would try to update via my PC with the PS VR2 app on Steam. After I did that and re-paired both controllers to my PC, the Sony app updated the headset and ran a set-up, then it launched SteamVR. It defaulted to 90hz in the settings so I switched to 120hz, SteamVR rebooted and holy F what a difference that made. I just scrolled through menus then played TheBlu for a couple minutes and it’s a huge improvement over my OG Vive. The right controller was being a little finicky: I’m currently using my motherboard’s BT controller since the ASUS BT 5.1 USB dongle is one of the recommended ones from Sony I figured that the built in one on my ASUS Dark Hero motherboard should be good-to-go. I went ahead and ordered a TP Link UB500 dongle to see if that fixes the issue.

• stepee 2
  • Thanks 1

@Stickey @stepee I have Audio Shield but not Beat Saber, I kind of want to get Beat Saber because it looks like a bit of a more involved game (Audio Shield is very good already). The thing I like about Audio Shield is you can use your own music and it creates levels based from scanning the mp3 - can you use custom tracks with Beat Saber on PC? Google is not giving me a straight answer.