PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Man, all this VR talk has me really hoping the PC adapter for PSVR2 is good. I have my first gen Vive still, but I hate the controllers.

I’d want the PSVR2 just for Gran Turismo 7

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Man, all this VR talk has me really hoping the PC adapter for PSVR2 is good. I have my first gen Vive still, but I hate the controllers.

I think it will be fine. The G2 was great and didn't have any of those extra features and a worse controller. 

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, Stickey said:

I think it will be fine. The G2 was great and didn't have any of those extra features and a worse controller. 

I guess I’m just concerned with how well it’ll work with SteamVR out of the box. I assume Sony will put out official drivers so the tracking and creating + reading room boundaries won’t be an issue. 

• stepee 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I guess I’m just concerned with how well it’ll work with SteamVR out of the box. I assume Sony will put out official drivers so the tracking and creating + reading room boundaries won’t be an issue. 

Apple Vision using a test pilot ALVR (a little wonky itself) connects to SteamVR with zero issues and freaking scans and wireframes the entire room in one second without moving. I think you will be okay with an official product many more people will be using steamvr on!

1 hour ago, Best said:

I think I need to take a break from VR. I've been spending way too much time with the headset on and it's screwing up my vision. I'm done for the rest of the day. 

Just wait until you dream VR! Keep going! 

54 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Just wait until you dream VR! Keep going! 

Well after getting off my headset this afternoon I couldn't read anything on my phone. It was all blurry and lasted for almost an hour. 

1 hour ago, Best said:

Well after getting off my headset this afternoon I couldn't read anything on my phone. It was all blurry and lasted for almost an hour. 

Make sure your ipd settings are correct. I've never had blurry vision after use. 

3 hours ago, Best said:

I think I need to take a break from VR. I've been spending way too much time with the headset on and it's screwing up my vision. I'm done for the rest of the day. 

You seem fine to me

Crazy Eyes Loco GIF by Gnomo

• Haha 1

@Best

Watch A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, it was filmed in 3D and not just converted like the Avenger movies. It's probably the best 3D movie I've watched, and I'm including the 1st Avatar movie (I haven't watched the 2nd movie because it's like 50 hours long, but I don't have a 3D TV anymore anyway :p )

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

@Best

Watch A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, it was filmed in 3D and not just converted like the Avenger movies. It's probably the best 3D movie I've watched, and I'm including the 1st Avatar movie (I haven't watched the 2nd movie because it's like 50 hours long, but I don't have a 3D TV anymore anyway :p )

Where can I watch that? I loved the first two Harold and Kumar movies. 

23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Watch that episode of Home Improvement that was in 3D.

37 minutes ago, Best said:

I need to know how to stream 3d movies without a pc but using my smartphone. 

Boy, I've been searching how to stream 3D content and it doesn't seem to work. You have to rip the movie to your PC then go from there. Extremely disappointing.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Does the headset make you hot @Best?  Does your forehead sweat?

Well if you're just watching a movie no. But when playing games you are physically moving your arms and then you get hot. I sweat just a little but nothing major at all. 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They still show it in syndication but it has the 3D effect removed. :(

Same on Hulu. I have no idea if you can even find the 3D version anywhere. I remember it was a block with 3 other shows who also did 3D that night.

Watching 3D movies in Meta is a pretty cool novelty especially in the tv app in mixed reality so you can get a true sense of the scale it’s bringing you. That said I wouldn’t actually watch a full movie in it without oled/hdr and the general quality of what you can get there. I love 3D but the rest is too diminished.

It would at least be a lot better if they had a dedicated movie store with high quality videos like AVP. Apple is never going to put their movie store on it I can’t imagine so Meta really needs to partner with someone who can provide that content for them. I could see it kinda taking off once this stuff all gets cheaper/more comfy/eventually just being sunglasses etc.

I think they used to have one but got rid of it? Seems shortsighted. It would make sense to me in the future actually to have a “movie pro” or whatever model that could even have a cheaper processor for games or something but would have an oled display and hdr instead to be a proper movie watching device.

The thing that sucks about my current 3D movie experience is that I rely on streaming which is choppy at times. I wish the bigscreen app let you rent 3D movies on it like they used to. 

Besides AVP (or big screen beyond, but you need a pc for that) which isn’t a serious option for most, the second best way for 3D movies at home is really just a pair of rokid or xreal glasses. The display isn’t as large as on meta, more like 100-150” but the quality is much better and it’s oled so colors are correct. It also makes up for not being as large with the fact that it’s just a pair of sunglasses so easier to move and do whatever while watching and a million times lighter.

With those, you can just hook up to your phone which has the Fandango at Home app (formally Vudu) which lets you purchase 3d movies you can download. Apparently they had an app on meta at one point too and that’s gone as well. Not sure what’s going on with that.

@Best @stepee Meta does the same thing apple does, any transactions within the meta ecosystem meta must get a part of it. So do the movies studios, which leaves these apps very little to make worth while. Big screen has asked publicly for Meta to change this, but yeah, money. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stickey said:

@Best @stepee Meta does the same thing apple does, any transactions within the meta ecosystem meta must get a part of it. So do the movies studios, which leaves these apps very little to make worth while. Big screen has asked publicly for Meta to change this, but yeah, money. 

Oh that makes sense why they left. They should make an exception for movies or they will be left empty handed. Apple has an established storefront so I guess that is why it works there and studios put movies out. I wonder how it works with Fandango at Home though where it’s on Apple (not just AVP but on iphone/ipad etc) but not Meta, and what Meta needs to change to get it.