PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have a PSVR2 that I got for free with Amex credits that I haven't used much since I tried the Horizon PS5 VR game it came with and quickly realized my play area isn't big enough for the walking around version of things. It sounds like the coming PC adapter is going to be good enough (despite the weird lack of HDR support via the adapter) to just buy that instead of shelling out for a separate headset.

Yeah since you already have the psvr2 this would make a lot of sense!

@Biggie I just played 2 hours of Assassin’s Creed. It is amazing running and jumping on roof tops in this Italian village. 

The parkour is spot on control wise with great movements. Climbing to roof tops is so life like. Cutscenes are in real time so I was talking to Eizo's sister and you can litteraly get in her face lol. 

This shit is making not to want to play on a TV again. 

• stepee 1
  • Sad 1

@Stickey Is it normal to have a little opening in the bottom of the headset where you can see light below? As in the headset doesn't completely cover below my eyes so I can look down and see my legs and hand. It's a TINY opening but takes me out of the experience. 

Is that how it's supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

There is a small nose gap that you can kinda peek with. Alot of people use/used it to quickly see what's going on around them without taking the headset off. There are nose guards that come with most facial interfaces that will help seal that light better. John Carmack hated this until he reliased so many people actually used the gap lol. 

2 minutes ago, Stickey said:

There is a small nose gap that you can kinda peek with. Alot of people use/used it to quickly see what's going on around them without taking the headset off. There are nose guards that come with most facial interfaces that will help seal that light better. John Carmack hated this until he reliased so many people actually used the gap lol. 

Ok. It's not the biggest deal but ideally I'd like it to be completely closed off. 

39 minutes ago, Best said:

@Biggie I just played 2 hours of Assassin’s Creed. It is amazing running and jumping on roof tops in this Italian village. 

The parkour is spot on control wise with great movements. Climbing to roof tops is so life like. Cutscenes are in real time so I was talking to Eizo's sister and you can litteraly get in her face lol. 

This shit is making not to want to play on a TV again. 

Does this allow to be on a TV? Like if you were playing it using the headset could I be watching on the TV and seeing what you are seeing?

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Does this allow to be on a TV? Like if you were playing it using the headset could I be watching on the TV and seeing what you are seeing?

I think something like that is possible but I'm clueless on that. I'm so new to VR it's ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah you can cast to your tv to show people what you are seeing from your view or even live stream that.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Best said:

Ok. It's not the biggest deal but ideally I'd like it to be completely closed off. 

Yeah, it's becoming more useless now that pass through is getting super good. The next update for Quest will almost get rid of all the artifacting/wobbling in pass through. You will want to upgrade that facial interface in a few months time. 

• Thanks 1

Staying up all night? lol

I'm really tempted but I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night. I'm currently on YouTube trying to find great games on quest 3. I have about 10 phenomenal games but I want them all!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I find it hard to believe that some sports games wouldn’t be incredible. 

There’s fun sports stuff, but think more tennis, golf, bowling, darts and less Football/Basketball.

I don’t think anyone’s figured out how to best translate team sports to VR yet. Those are usually from a birds eye view with a lot of quick camera movement and player switching. For VR you typically want something more first person which isn’t how devs know how to make those games.

Itll happen eventually but I don’t think the tech is quite there yet and it’s going to take a bit for devs to figure it out so it’s actually fun to play and feels good beyond “experience” type simulations like that nfl era thing on Quest.

But stuff like Csmash VRS, eleven table tennis, walkabout golf, Creed, Sports scramble etc are fun.

I feel like baseball is the easiest of the team sports to do right in VR but it will also need a budget.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

40 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Best get any new games?

Hide contents

I need to pre-order NCAA College Football 25 so I can have it secured and I’ll be able to rest at night. 

Yea. I got 2 more games and need to just focus on one game at a time now. 

I got stuck on a puzzle today in Asgard's Wrath 2 so I had to stop.

I then went to IMAX and watched Avengers in 3D and it's so awesome. 

I'll look for a gift card now so you can pre-order NCAA. 

• Hugs 1

@Biggie I let my dad play Asgard's Wrath 2. I put him in a good spot to just walk around and see what I'm seeing. Surprisingly he was actually extremely impressed. He didn't realize what I was actually doing with the headset on. I showed him how to pull out the sword and actually swing it in real time. He was genuinely wowed. 

• stepee 1

21 minutes ago, Best said:

@Biggie I let my dad play Asgard's Wrath 2. I put him in a good spot to just walk around and see what I'm seeing. Surprisingly he was actually extremely impressed. He didn't realize what I was actually doing with the headset on. I showed him how to pull out the sword and actually swing it in real time. He was genuinely wowed. 

Caveman liked it huh lol

13 hours ago, Biggie said:

So what’s your favorite game so far @Best

I didn't see this until now. My favorite game is easily Asgard's Wrath 2. It's a fully loaded open world RPG and basically the only one of its kind in VR.

8 minutes ago, Best said:

I didn't see this until now. My favorite game is easily Asgard's Wrath 2. It's a fully loaded open world RPG and basically the only one of its kind in VR.

Sounds incredible. How late did you stay up lol

42 minutes ago, Best said:

Too late. Was watching a movie. I'm about to play more Asgard's Wrath now. 

This is great. Went from “I don’t game at night. Only in the mornings with my coffee” to staying up all night until sun break lol

This is great. Went from “I don’t game at night. Only in the mornings with my coffee” to staying up all night until sun break lol

You can't see what time it is when you have a VR headset on

:sickos:

• True 1