PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

I decided to use my current 30% code to get C Smash VRS for $14. John from DF is always talking that game up and I mean..it’s arcade Sega done for VR. Pretty much I’ll buy anything John says as if he’s Oprah and I’m in his book club.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Best said:

@Biggie I'm not buying games from the meta store. I'm not wasting money. 

Assassin's Creed is so fucking incredible. I keep getting blown away with this shit. So happy I bought this. 

Ngl I am jealous. I bet it is incredibly immersive. Maybe one day I’ll get one. Is the PlayStation VE any good?

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I decided to use my current 30% code to get C Smash VRS for $14. John from DF is always talking that game up and I mean..it’s arcade Sega done for VR. Pretty much I’ll buy anything John says as if he’s Oprah and I’m in his book club.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Just now, Biggie said:

Ngl I am jealous. I bet it is incredibly immersive. Maybe one day I’ll get one. Is the PlayStation VE any good?

I mean I'm walking around a village in Italy with Eizo and you can walk right up to NPC'S and look them right in the eye. It's so immersive it's ridiculous. You actually climb walls by actually doing climbing motions with the controllers. The combat is so awesome too. Parrying etc. 

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Unfortunately I don’t think it is fair to anyone to even recommend a psvr2 to them at this point. Anyone wanting to jump into VR atm should just get a Meta 3 or wait. Sony pulled their vita bullshit again.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, stepee said:

Unfortunately I don’t think it is fair to anyone to even recommend a psvr2 to them at this point. Anyone wanting to jump into VR atm should just get a Meta 3 or wait. Sony pulled their vita bullshit again.

What about Gran Turismo 7 though?

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

What about Gran Turismo 7 though?

That is the one damn thing!!

Okay and the remake version of RE4 instead of the PS2 version is cool too. And Village. And Switchback. And the Horizon game. But after that initial handful Sony is letting it go to waste :/

All the other stuff are things that work fine on Quest and if it’s on both I’d rather play there due to wireless, self contained, and pancake lenses.

If Sony isn’t going to bank roll modern AAA on VR there is no point to it because all the indies don’t need the power.

Actually those other games are all horror besides Horizon, a franchise you dislike, so yeah it would be a $550 GT7 headset!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Best did you let your parents put it on and try it?

I let my dad try but it's like showing a caveman how to use modern day technology.

I only showed him a movie experience.

So I had him in an IMAX movie theater watching Avatar in 3D and he was extremely impressed. 

I played Asgard's Wrath 2 for 3 straight hours today and my battery is 95% right now. So me buying that battery was very worth it.

Asgard's Wrath 2 is a 10/10 game. It's an open world RPG with everything that comes with that genre. I got new gear today and when I looked at my body you actually see the material as if you are actually the character.

It's a stunning experience and the best game in VR at the moment.

• stepee 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

It really is. Both my parents couldn't care less about technology. Christ, my dad is obsessed with shooting his sling shot in the backyard. It's 1955 to them still. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stickey said:

@Best Half Life Alyx is PCVR game. You can connect the Quest 3 to pc and play steam games if you'd like, but you will need an decent pc to play it. 

I don't have a pc. It's unfortunate because Half Life got huge praise. 

• stepee 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Scary?

Not really. Really heavy on physics so that means there is a lot of immersive interactions with the controls. It's more of an action game. 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepeedo you have half life alyx? Want to check to see if a steam deck can run it and connect to Quest 3… for science?

lol no that isn’t worth the bandwidth - maybe you could try running something like the first windlanders on it 

I am going to try to get Alyx going on vision pro using joycons later though. Apparently it works better than you think since what ALVR is doing is using hand tracking for position and then really it just needs the regular inputs.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

BEST JUST WANTS TO PLAY ALYX OKAY

When I didn’t have a gaming pc atm and wanted to check it out because on the original Quest I rented a shadow pc server and ran it wirelessly over the internet on that, he can always go that go that route!

1 minute ago, stepee said:

When I didn’t have a gaming pc atm and wanted to check it out because on the original Quest I rented a shadow pc server and ran it wirelessly over the internet on that, he can always go that go that route!

Talk about a nightmare set-up 

:grittycube:

19 hours ago, stepee said:

That is the one damn thing!!

Okay and the remake version of RE4 instead of the PS2 version is cool too. And Village. And Switchback. And the Horizon game. But after that initial handful Sony is letting it go to waste :/

All the other stuff are things that work fine on Quest and if it’s on both I’d rather play there due to wireless, self contained, and pancake lenses.

If Sony isn’t going to bank roll modern AAA on VR there is no point to it because all the indies don’t need the power.

Actually those other games are all horror besides Horizon, a franchise you dislike, so yeah it would be a $550 GT7 headset!

I have a PSVR2 that I got for free with Amex credits that I haven't used much since I tried the Horizon PS5 VR game it came with and quickly realized my play area isn't big enough for the walking around version of things. It sounds like the coming PC adapter is going to be good enough (despite the weird lack of HDR support via the adapter) to just buy that instead of shelling out for a separate headset.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1