PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

5 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Meta has a bad reputation with developers, so I don't see that changing beyond meta creating their own movie store. Simular to the workout app fiasco. 

I hope they do create their own movie store at least, if they can. I can think of some potential workarounds and such here but the entire thing I care about with this is adoption and nothing that isn’t an easy app in the store will help with that.

With 3D coming back again I hope nvidia gets back in with 3D Vision 2. Imagine what they could do now 15 years later with all their AI tech. Auto convert any game to 3D with AI making all the post process etc work and have it stream to the glasses of your choice???

Also besides MR/VR stuff, Apple has some games that are just 3D games you play on a screen in MR. I love that too especially while watching something. I want more 3D smaller scale games like that on both platforms.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

With 3D coming back again I hope nvidia gets back in with 3D Vision 2. Imagine what they could do now 15 years later with all their AI tech. Auto convert any game to 3D with AI making all the post process etc work and have it stream to the glasses of your choice???

I really hope 3D TVs come back, I have a ton of 3D blurays collecting dust and I really appreciated what 3D added to movies and gaming with depth of field (not even shit popping out of the TV - just the depth effect which added scale). Also, with the auto-conversion, my Panny Plasma (VT40 or VT50, can’t remember) could auto-convert TV/movies/whatever to 3D as one of the picture settings (kind of like “HDR effect” on LG OLEDs) and it did a surprisingly decent job most of the time; I’m sure with modern tech it’d be near-perfect.

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

I really appreciated what 3D added to movies and gaming with depth of field (not even shit popping out of the TV - just the depth effect which added scale).

BTW, this is why I always argue that VR games/conversion mods/modes don’t necessarily need to be first person. I’ll agree that first person is the “optimal” experience for VR, however, simply you “being the floating camera” in VR adds a shit-ton to the game: the sense of space and scale added is amazing. I wish someone would make a non-first person Witcher 3 mod for VR just for the sense of scale for the cities and monsters you fight.

A perfect example of what I’m talking about is Lucky’s Tale: it’s a mediocre platformer on its own, but in VR the depth and sense of space you got for the platforming elevates it a LOT.

• True 1

Luckily I found a good website to stream 3D movies for free and with phenomenal quality.

I was watching Avengers End Game and it looked so fucking awesome. The screen is pretty big, too. 

11 minutes ago, Best said:

Luckily I found a good website to stream 3D movies for free and with phenomenal quality.

I was watching Avengers End Game and it looked so fucking awesome. The screen is pretty big, too. 

@Best taking off his Quest 3 after a movie and gaming binge. 

sun GIF

• True 1

7 hours ago, Best said:

Any Star Wars movies?
darth vader GIF

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Man I love Star Wars. All of them. Especially Rey :fap:

Star Wars The Rise Of Skywalker GIF by Mashable

I really Ike all the Star Wars except Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. 

Yea, Rey is great. 

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Back? Is it broke? 

yeah I had a scratch on the front that made one spot blurry when in mixed reality so I sent it in and should hopefully get it back tuesday 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah I had a scratch on the front that made one spot blurry when in mixed reality so I sent it in and should hopefully get it back tuesday 

oh damn. Yea fuck any type of scratch. 

• True 1

So, you know what I have sitting in a bin to be vanished away forever? A Quest 2. The thing is it has some battery issue that I never dealt with. It only charges to 75%. But I was just checking and it works fine still. And A) you can just play it while plugged in and B) I can just mount a 5000mah battery to the strap and you’d actually have more battery than normal. 

@Biggie if you want (and if biggie doesn’t want it if someone else does) I could get it all fresh in working order with the external battery strapped and send it to you. Even with the weird battery thing it’s probably too good to let rot.

It may be possible to fix the battery issue but it’s probably a pain in the ass is my guess. The external battery to strap I think is more than good enough to not even try. It’s a bobo strap too which is better than the Meta ones and the battery would actually center it.

edit; And i know you have priorities atm so for games I could grab you a Meta+ sub which would get you a good starting library and 2 games a month. That shit is so cheap it’s crazy. And then you can stream movies and stuff free ofc.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

So, you know what I have sitting in a bin to be vanished away forever? A Quest 2. The thing is it has some battery issue that I never dealt with. It only charges to 75%. But I was just checking and it works fine still. And A) you can just play it while plugged in and B) I can just mount a 5000mah battery to the strap and you’d actually have more battery than normal. 

@Biggie if you want (and if biggie doesn’t want it if someone else does) I could get it all fresh in working order with the external battery strapped and send it to you. Even with the weird battery thing it’s probably too good to let rot.

It may be possible to fix the battery issue but it’s probably a pain in the ass is my guess. The external battery to strap I think is more than good enough to not even try. It’s a bobo strap too which is better than the Meta ones and the battery would actually center it.

edit; And i know you have priorities atm so for games I could grab you a Meta+ sub which would get you a good starting library and 2 games a month. That shit is so cheap it’s crazy. And then you can stream movies and stuff free ofc.

Hey I appreciate the offer but VR really ain't my thing. And it would be wasted on me. Maybe ask around and see who could use it more and enjoy it. Right now I got health issues and very little money so any type of potential added expense isn't a good idea. But thank you and good looking out. I still want dibs on any type of old iPad you may not want one day though! lol

• stepee 1

Well, if anyone else is interested in the Quest 2 as described above let me know! I’ll check and see if my brother would want it too but I doubt it, he is pretty firmly playstation.

edit: Or maybe he would idk, I’ll actually check with him first then ask you guys again :P

Does anyone know of a way i could get extended hands on time with a VR set? I'm looking to get one of these at some point in the future but I've never actually played with one for any amount of time aside from a demo display at Best Buy. I'd really like to know if it's going to trigger any motion sickness or whatnot before I drop 600 bucks or so.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Does anyone know of a way i could get extended hands on time with a VR set? I'm looking to get one of these at some point in the future but I've never actually played with one for any amount of time aside from a demo display at Best Buy. I'd really like to know if it's going to trigger any motion sickness or whatnot before I drop 600 bucks or so.

come over 

59 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Blade and Sorcery released out of early access. Only heard great things about it. Haven't played myself yet. 

I think I have this game...

• stepee 1