PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm not sure your preference as VR is a heck of a lot different than traditional games, but (and don't blindly buy: look into all of these first) Beat Saber, Superhot, Star Wars Tales from the Galaxy's Edge, and Vader Immortal are all great.

I have a Vive (and PSVR2) but played Vader on my nephew's Quest 2, but other than that I can't comment on Quest exclusive titles.

I've heard the Assassin's Creed game (Nexus) on Quest 3 is very good, but other than watching/reading reviews I can't comment :p 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I've heard the Assassin's Creed game (Nexus) on Quest 3 is very good, but other than watching/reading reviews I can't comment :p 

Ok, I appreciate the posts. 

9 minutes ago, Best said:

Ok, I appreciate the posts. 

Sales. They have them all the time. I would also check out the free games which there are many. Recroom was a good starting point for me, even though its super kidsy. 

3 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Sales. They have them all the time. I would also check out the free games which there are many. Recroom was a good starting point for me, even though its super kidsy. 

Well I want to get 3 big games with my purchase. You made a huge lists so I'm going to use that now. Thanks a lot for doing that!

1 hour ago, Best said:

Ok. I've done enough research and will be buying a quest 3 later today. 

Please name your top 5 games you've played. @Spork3245 said Asgard's Wrath 2 come with the set. That is my most wanted game after watching reviews.

shocked holy shit GIF

• Hype 1

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This largely depends on the game. Some work well sitting down, some work way better if you stand, some work best if you walk around too.

Ok. Well fortunately my setup has walking space. Did you ever play Moss book 2?

Ok. I'm buying it now. My two games I will play first are Assassin’s Creed and Asgard's Wrath 2. I will then look into more titles after that. 

I'm super hyped for this!

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, Best said:

Ok. I'm buying it now. My two games I will play first are Assassin’s Creed and Asgard's Wrath 2. I will then look into more titles after that. 

I'm super hyped for this!

Are you getting it in store or shipping it to you?

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Better question for @stepee and @Stickey

I had to buy the 512GB to get Asgard's Wrath 2 with it. 

If I buy Assassin’s Creed off the meta store does it give you a code to enter once I get my device?

9 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm fucking excited because I'm so new to VR. I just ordered it now!

Congratz man. VR has completely changed my whole outlook in life. I hope it does the same for you. 

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Better question for @stepee and @Stickey

I would get the 512gb - you get 6 months of Meta+ which you should get anyway so take $30 off and then it’s $120 to go from 128gb all the way up to 512gb. There is no micro sd option on it and besides games there’s things you could fill it up with like 3D movies, especially if you mean to take it on a plane with the new plane mode. Overall they are still probably losing money and it’s a much better value for the leap than most devices.

Moss 2 is also very very good but it directly follows Moss1 so it doesn’t make sense to start there if you haven’t played that and that one is shorter. They are both seated games.

Walkabout mini golf, sports scramble, and 2MD football are more than fine to start for sport games and included in Meta+ catalog so you don’t need to buy any additional sports games.

Never buy anything Meta full price. They offer unlimited use of referral codes you can easily source online. You get basically every game 25% off and the system $30 off:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MetaReferrals/s/fsSc24UStu

If a code says it’s only 10% then you google a new one, it means the code has been used too many times. 

• stepee 1

Just to clear things up if anyone else wants to get one - you don’t need to buy the 512gb to get Asgard 2 free. But you do need to buy the 128gb by the end of the month or you do not get it included anymore. I’d still recommend the 512gb tho.

Also you could probably still cancel the order and reorder with the referral link if you want $30 for free.

To get the store you sign up for a meta account (unless you want to link facebook for some reason) then you can just access the Meta app on your phone and start shopping.

If you cancel and your order and order again with the referral link I suggested:

Then you can use those $30 to use this link to get AC Nexus with that $30 instead;

That way for the $650 you get the 512 quest, 6 months of meta, Asgard 2 and AC Nexus which is a sweet bundle 

Speaking of Meta3, this was just announced:

WWW.META.COM

Immerse yourself in the world of the ultimate assassin with HITMAN 3 VR: Reloaded. Become Agent 47 and experience unparalleled freedom and creativity in your approach to each...

Could be cool. Hitman 3 Vr was neat but kinda clunky, this should allow them to make things more intuitive by designing more from scratch

• stepee 1

Damn Assassin’s Creed is going to be stunning for me. So is Asgard's Wrath 2. 

This will be like me going into a new generation of technology. I can't wait. 

@Best getting your VR legs can take some time so definitely ease into it by making sure if you feel any discomfort to take the headset off immediately and rest for at least 10 mins. You may only get short sessions at the start, but most over come this in a few weeks. One thing that helped me get through the push was a fan which help with immersion aswell. Another thing you will see listed in the meta game store is comfort rating. This can help you make smarter purchases at first until you make the jump to full on VR. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stickey said:

@Best getting your VR legs can take some time so definitely ease into it by making sure if you feel any discomfort to take the headset off immediately and rest for at least 10 mins. You may only get short sessions at the start, but most over come this in a few weeks. One thing that helped me get through the push was a fan which help with immersion aswell. Another thing you will see listed in the meta game store is comfort rating. This can help you make smarter purchases at first until you make the jump to full on VR. 

Well I did own the PSVR so I'm not completely new to VR. But I appreciate the advice. 

27 minutes ago, Best said:

Well I did own the PSVR so I'm not completely new to VR. But I appreciate the advice. 

As @stepee already recommended you will want to get some accessories to make the experience better. Upgrading the headstrap and facial interface make a world of a difference. I also recommend hand grips as being able to fully let go of the controller adds tremendously to the experience. I personally use the Meta Elite strap with my own battery bank strapped to the back. BoboVR makes really high quality headstrap that's are much cheaper then metas. I also use meta's grips as they were the only ones available at launch. And the facial interface is AMVR cool/silk. 

3 minutes ago, Stickey said:

As @stepee already recommended you will want to get some accessories to make the experience better. Upgrading the headstrap and facial interface make a world of a difference. I also recommend hand grips as being able to fully let go of the controller adds tremendously to the experience. I personally use the Meta Elite strap with my own battery bank strapped to the back. BoboVR makes really high quality headstrap that's are much cheaper then metas. I also use meta's grips as they were the only ones available at launch. And the facial interface is AMVR cool/silk. 

Have you tried the Bobo yourself? I have the elite too and I don’t think the comfort between the two is even close (not to mention it’s cheaper and includes the battery pack) I could see being fine enough with the elite if you already have it, but since Bobo already exists now, I couldn’t see recommending it to any new buyers. 

But if someone just hates how bobo looks with a passion or something l, I do agree the elite is still miles better than the default, which shouldn’t be used by anyone.