PSVR2 or Meta Quest 3

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Quest 3 is self-contained. You just charge the headset and the controllers and it works. Doesn't need to be plugged into anything. It also has a lot more games than PSVR2

Interesting...very interesting.  👌 

I will do my research and see if I'm willing to buy this. My last vr experience was PSVR on PS4. 

What is the best sp type game?

2 minutes ago, Best said:

I will do my research and see if I'm willing to buy this. My last vr experience was PSVR on PS4. 

PSVR(1) was basically a kids toy compared to PSVR2 and Quest 2 and 3.

The screen on the PSVR2 is incredible, but there just aren't enough games for me to recommend it to someone for $400-500 when Quest 3 exists. For me, I got mine for a discount (and as a Christmas present) as an open box and it came with the Horizon game, but I was also hoping that PC support would happen and here we are :santasun:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Best said:

There's a lot, and I think Quest 3 is still bundled with one of the best ones from what I've read (Asgard's Wrath 2). But there's also a few Star Wars games that are very good, and I had a blast with the Rick & Morty game on my Vive. Half Life Alyx is the clear winner, IMO, but you'd need a PC to play that as I don't think it's on Quest's store page. The one benefit of the PSVR2 is that you'd have Gran Turismo 7 in VR and the RE4 Remake in VR, while Quest just has the OG RE4 in VR.

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

There's a lot, and I think Quest 3 is still bundled with one of the best ones from what I've read (Asgard's Wrath 2). But there's also a few Star Wars games that are very good, and I had a blast with the Rick & Morty game on my Vive. Half Life Alyx is the clear winner, IMO, but you'd need a PC to play that as I don't think it's on Quest's store page. The one benefit of the PSVR2 is that you'd have Gran Turismo 7 in VR and the RE4 Remake in VR, while Quest just has the OG RE4 in VR.

I just watched the review. I'm extremely interested now. I'm going to do my research on the games now since the vr itself is worth $500. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I assume it's bandwidth related since it's using a single DP1.4a cable, but I also wouldn't discount "lazy" being a reason either :p 

If there aren’t bandwidth limitations then perhaps eye tracking and hdr could be unlocked using third party apps? 

I set up Vision Pro for SteamVR yesterday with ALVR and it’s early days but you can already use hdr (even inject hdr to sdr) and use eye tracking with it. Idk about ALVR but I believe Virtual Desktop, which Id expect the same out of, supports connection over cable?

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

If there aren’t bandwidth limitations then perhaps eye tracking and hdr could be unlocked using third party apps? 

I set up Vision Pro for SteamVR yesterday with ALVR and it’s early days but you can already use hdr (even inject hdr to sdr) and use eye tracking with it. Idk about ALVR but I believe Virtual Desktop, which Id expect the same out of, supports connection over cable?

Actually I guess the Meta has a streaming engine that it uses to actually just stream data over the usb c cable which psvr2 doesn’t have and why they need an adapter in the first place. That probably is why VD can support a cabled connection there.

But maybe there is some other way to interject an app in between to unlock that ish

2 hours ago, stepee said:

IF it’s using DSC then there’s no bandwidth limit that should affect HDR and it’s indeed Sony being lazy, but I have no idea if it is or isn’t using DSC. Since it’s using a box that I assume is going to require usb as well as displayport for the conversion from the PSVR2s usb-c, I don’t think the eye tracking bit is a bandwidth issue but likely firmware, and I assume it’d be a huge pain to convert whatever handshaking is going on between the PS5 and PSVR2 to PC.
I’m a little surprised and disappointed about the lack of HDR (not that any PC VR game supports HDR), but I definitely didn’t expect the eye tracking to work unless there’s a PSVR2 game ported to PC.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

IF it’s using DSC then there’s no bandwidth limit and it’s indeed Sony being lazy, but I have no idea if it is or isn’t using DSC. Since it’s using a box that I assume is going to require usb as well as displayport for the conversion from the PSVR2s usb-c, I don’t think the eye tracking bit is a bandwidth issue but likely firmware, and I assume it’d be a huge pain to convert whatever handshaking is going on between the PS5 and PSVR2 to PC.
I’m a little surprised and disappointed about the lack of HDR (not that any PC VR game supports HDR), but I definitely didn’t expect the eye tracking to work unless there’s a PSVR2 game ported to PC.

You can use the eye tracking to be creeped out in vr chat tho!

4 hours ago, Best said:

I just watched the review. I'm extremely interested now. I'm going to do my research on the games now since the vr itself is worth $500. 

Golf+ is amazing, if you like golfing. 

2 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Golf+ is amazing, if you like golfing. 

Golf is ok. But in vr I'm sure it's incredible. I'm more interested in sp story based games. 

I didn't realize Asgard's Wrath 2 is over 70 hours long. But the praise it got is amazing. 

5 hours ago, Best said:

200.gif

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

200.gif

I'd be sitting in my chair not standing up. I don't have good balance anymore and I'd definitely fall or destroy something. 

I'm still researching this but it must be extremely impressive. 

4 minutes ago, Best said:

I'd be sitting in my chair not standing up. I don't have good balance anymore and I'd definitely fall or destroy something. 

I'm still researching this but it must be extremely impressive. 

It gives me a headache

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It gives me a headache

PSVR was fine for me but I'm assuming with better resolution and a better fitting headset the Quest 3 will be very comfortable for me. 

Yea, RE7 in VR was tiresome for me after playing for an hour. This is much more advanced. 

Anyone thinking of jumping into Meta3 I cannot recommend the bobvr m3 strap enough:

WWW.BOBOVR.COM

Compatible with Meta Quest 3:Reduce facial pressure: It adopts a suspended design and supports multi-point adjustment, which evenly transfers the original facial pressure of the host to the...

Best $50 you can spend towards improving your vr experience. It’s by far the lightest a headset has felt for me. I just ordered a strap for my Vision that looks to steal the same design so I’m hoping that’ll at least be close enough until bobo does a vision one. 

Not to mention you get an external battery out of it and it’s still cheaper than the elite strap which I got at first and this is much better than.

5 minutes ago, Stickey said:

You could dunk on fools is Gym Class VR. Free to play and one of the most popular apps on Meta. 

I just looked this up. That must be pretty crazy in VR. I'm new to all of this. 

6 minutes ago, Best said:

I just looked this up. That must be pretty crazy in VR. I'm new to all of this. 

When your all done sweating it up on the courts, you can go into your own natural music studio and make some sick beats in virtuoso. 

23 minutes ago, Stickey said:

When your all done sweating it up on the courts, you can go into your own natural music studio and make some sick beats in virtuoso. 

Sweet. I'm about 75% sure I'm getting a quest 3 at this point. 

• stepee 1

2 hours ago, Best said:

Sweet. I'm about 75% sure I'm getting a quest 3 at this point. 

When your done making some sweet tracks you can play them for people in VrChat and possibly have your song played during VrChat raves. 

I’d say at this point Meta+ is a must if you have a Quest. When my 6 month trial from the 512gb ran out, I was surprised to see it’s only $60 a year AND they added a catalog. You get two games a month, and there have been some good picks usually. You also gain access to a catalog of quite a few premium vr releases. Definitely feels like something Meta loses money on which I always enjoy.

Gamezzzzzz

After the Fall: Multiplayer/Co-op. I didn't dig deep into this game but it felt great. Very satisfying getting head shots. Well Reviewed.

Blade and Sorcery: Arena Hack and Slash. This is a must buy. The game itself is very polished, getting a huge update soon, and the mods are pretty damn glorious.

BONEWORKS/BONELAB: Physics Based Puzzle Shooter. This is a hit or miss type of game. You either love it or hate it.

Breachers: Arena Multiplayer: This is Rainbow 6 for VR and does a DAMN good job. Highly recommend VR shooter.

Contractors Showdown: Multiplayer Battle Royale: Pretty much Warzone for VR.

Contractors VR: Multiplayer Arena: It's Call of Duty, It's Halo, it's TF2, lots of fun mods.

cyubeVR: Crafting Gathering: It's a more realistic Minecraft? It world is absolutely amazing to explore.

Skyrim VR: Skyrim: It's Skyrim in VR. There are a ton of mods that make the game feel like a real VR game.

Ghost of Tabor: Extraction Based Multiplayer: One of the best feeling shooters out there. Very popular.

Half Life 2: VR Mod: Single Player Shooter: The Mod is free, but you need to own the game on steam. Good old classic.

Half Life Alyx: Single Player Shooter: Probably the best VR single player experience out there. 

Into The Radius: Single Player Survival: Highly reviewed by many and the 2nd game is coming out soon.

I Expect You to Die 1 & 2: Puzzle/Escape Room: This is one of the best escape room games with it's humor and charm.  

Paradiddle: Drum/Rhythm: This game is a drum set simulator, as you can play on your own with your own drum set up, or learn building up to larger sets.

Ragnarock: Drum/Rhythm: This is one of my favorite games. Must buy.

Pistol Whip: Rhythm Shooter: Feel like John Wick! That is until your legs melt off. Great work out!

Other games I recommend checking out since linking all theses games are taking way to long!

Rumble

Synth Riders

Pavlov 

Vermillion

Vertigo Remastered and Vertigo 2

Virtuoso

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners

VRChat

Population: One

Asgards Wrath 1 PC

Asgard Wrath 2 Q3

Assassins Creed Q3

Golf +

Thrill of the Fight

Walkabout Mini Golf

A Fisherman's Tail

And this is just a small amount of stuff, that I particularly liked. Soo much to do and explore.

• Hugs 1

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I’d say at this point Meta+ is a must if you have a Quest. When my 6 month trial from the 512gb ran out, I was surprised to see it’s only $60 a year AND they added a catalog. You get two games a month, and there have been some good picks usually. You also gain access to a catalog of quite a few premium vr releases. Definitely feels like something Meta loses money on which I always enjoy.

This is a good rec. Every Quest game I buy feels like a big gamble. Not that they’ll be bad, but that they just aren’t a good fit for what I’m looking for in a VR experience. Or they’ll make me sick.

Ok. I've done enough research and will be buying a quest 3 later today. 

Please name your top 5 games you've played. @Spork3245 said Asgard's Wrath 2 come with the set. That is my most wanted game after watching reviews.

33 minutes ago, Best said:

Ok. I've done enough research and will be buying a quest 3 later today. 

Please name your top 5 games you've played. @Spork3245 said Asgard's Wrath 2 come with the set. That is my most wanted game after watching reviews.

I'm not sure your preference as VR is a heck of a lot different than traditional games, but (and don't blindly buy: look into all of these first) Beat Saber, Superhot, Star Wars Tales from the Galaxy's Edge, and Vader Immortal are all great.

I have a Vive (and PSVR2) but played Vader on my nephew's Quest 2, but other than that I can't comment on Quest exclusive titles.

• Thanks 1