The Continental: From the World of John Wick (Peacock, September 2023) - Official Teaser Trailer

On 10/7/2023 at 12:13 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I saw this too and it may explain some of the funkiness with the show. Finished the last episode and it was good but the show ends rather abruptly. Some good action scenes but everything does play out about as you'd expect. I'm not sure if The Continental is essential viewing for John Wick fans, but I had fun with it even if it all ends up feeling smaller than I expected in terms of world-building. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah I saw this too and it may explain some of the funkiness with the show. Finished the last episode and it was good but the show ends rather abruptly. Some good action scenes but everything does play out about as you'd expect. I'm not sure if The Continental is essential viewing for John Wick fans, but I had fun with it even if it all ends up feeling smaller than I expected in terms of world-building. 

I felt the second episode was the most muddled of the three and this article explains why. Hopefully if they do a second season, they can truely structure it as a trilogy of made for TV movies and it will "feel" more coherent with its' non action storytellling. I enjoyed it and I feel like for fans of John Wick it's a fun "side story" or "gaiden" but not necessarilly essential viewing. I told my brother about it and he had never heard of it. Now he's excited to watch.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I felt the second episode was the most muddled of the three and this article explains why. Hopefully if they do a second season, they can truely structure it as a trilogy of made for TV movies and it will "feel" more coherent with its' non action storytellling. I enjoyed it and I feel like for fans of John Wick it's a fun "side story" or "gaiden" but not necessarilly essential viewing. I told my brother about it and he had never heard of it. Now he's excited to watch.

I think categorizing it as a "side story" or "gaiden" is best, I agree. It's fun, it's cool, it's slick, it's got good action and likeable characters I actually wanted to see more of. It just doesn't amount to much but I felt it was worth it.