The Penguin (HBO | September 19) - "Welcome to The Penguin" video

Agreed, the scene was really well done, it felt horrifying. Another great episode overall, glad to see Vic get more screentime, I liked his scene with the cop. Also the Sofia-Oz double act when talking to rival gangs was a lot of fun and I could go for way more of that. A great show so far.

This series just keeps getting better. That must have been the best episode yet, and Penguin was barely in it. Sofia is such a compelling character I'm thinking I'd rather have a series based on her. This episode definitely made me root for her, even though we're supposed to be rooting for Oz. 

Was John Turturro not available to come back as Carmine though? Having Mark Strong bugs me as a continuity breakage even if I do like Mark Strong. 

• Halal 1

On 10/14/2024 at 1:30 AM, Brick said:

Was John Turturro not available to come back as Carmine though?

That's correct - he had a scheduling conflict with its filming.

Last night's episode was perhaps one of the most gripping, horrifying hours of television -- hell, in any visual medium! -- that I've watched in ages! 

Milioti's performance was the literal definition of a tour de force and reminded me so very much of Anna Sawai's performance in the ninth episode of Shogun where you just knew that she had earned an Emmy for that role!

• Halal 1