Spider-Man is the fastest-selling Playstation exclusive of all-time, beating God of War PS4

SaysWho?

Credit to @Pikachu for first posting the news in the Spidey thread:

With 3.3 million copies sold within the first three days of its release, Insomniac Games' Spider-Man for PS4 is the fastest-selling first-party PlayStation game of all time.

USA Today reported the sales milestone for Marvel's Spider-Man, indicating that, assuming all copies were sold at the standard MSRP of $59.99, USA Today worked those 3.3 million copies sold out to be about $198 million. Though of course the collector's edition of the game would factor into those sales.

3.3 million in three days, which is 0.1 million more than God of War did earlier this year.

Very curious if it continues to surpass GOW's numbers, which have been incredible.

6sRE.gif

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

If you do that, I have a list of 5000 games to get after that. We'll go through it together one weekend, should only take 5 minutes.

That's about the same size as my PC backlog.

Is there a Metal Gear Solid series HD remake available for the PS4 yet?  I know they released one for the PS3, but I need to play MGS 3 and 4.

4 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

That's about the same size as my PC backlog.

Is there a Metal Gear Solid series HD remake available for the PS4 yet?  I know they released one for the PS3, but I need to play MGS 3 and 4.

I never played 4. Wonder if the PS4 will ever get it?

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I love Tomb Raider. I was just kidding. 

You don't have to pretend to like something you don't. At the end of the day, it's just a game and we've all wasted money on bad purchases at some point. 

As far as GoW vs. Spider-Man, GoW was fantastic and I'd long been invested in the series. It took the series I enjoyed, but was growing stale, to new levels and it paid off big time. Spider-Man, on the other hand, I've never been a big fan of, and while it's probably a good game, it just hasn't clicked with me yet. I may very well end up getting a lot of enjoyment from it, but it doesn't have the same impact GoW did, because I'm not invested in that world. 

Plus, GoW has a significantly better Metacritc score, so I'm far from alone in thinking it's the better game. :P 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I love Spidey, but GoW would be the better game in my mind.

Love that both games have their fans, though. I look forward to GOTY discussions, relevant with RDR2 and Smash Bros coming.

So many great games. I didn’t like GOW but I can see where people would love it. RDR2 is going to be epic. Smash Bros too. It’s been a great year so far.