🎶It's been one week...🎶

TheShader

Since I was almost murdered in cold blood walking down the street at night by a guy in a truck with a loaded gun. I hope everyone stays safe. I hope everyone knows I love all ya goofy asses, since I was close to never getting to ever say that again.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Hugs 6

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is not the direction I expected this thread to take when opening it!

Clinging to my shit humor has been the only thing pulling me through the last few days and out of depression/anxiety/panic, so I couldn't not do an ol switcheroo.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Do tell…

In due time. I've told a handful of people all of the details as I remember them, including my therapist yesterday. It's not something I'm ready to just casually talk about yet, as I'm still not very ok. I will say it did happen a week ago last Wednesday about a 5-minute walk away from my house, I was on the phone for a Zoom meeting and everything transpired about 15-20 minutes before I was supposed to speak on a personal project. No one knew why I was suddenly absent until after the meeting, as I hung up and made several attempts to dial 911. I was saved after I ran up to a house, banging on the door and ringing the doorbell, while screaming for help frantically. The owners answered the door which caused the man to back away and leave, and police showed up shortly after.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I'm glad you're ok. That is terrifying stuff!

You're telling me. I've been in too much fear/shock to even leave my house until Monday when I forced myself out to leave town and head to the office in the big city. Going outside after dark is just a big no for me right now. Only time I left the house before then was because I had to go pick up the police report in person.

• Hugs 1

Earth is a Hell of a place! I'm glad you are OK @TheShader ! Let me know if you feel like talking it through, I've been in a few near death scraps myself, and I know that it can put lot of small cracks in you and shake you in a quiet way that others can't really fully understand because its a form of learning that is unique to each person, but not common enough for a lot of "shared experience" conversations. It can add weight and shadows to all your other worries, tighten up your sense of time, or break your general "give a damn" all together. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1