PC Community Thread

stepee

Ok, so I may need some help. Ever since I updates my BIOS for the purpose of getting the intel update I am noticing a performance hit if I try to play a game any time after waking my PC up from sleep. I have to restart my PC. 

for Black Myth Wukong it is the difference between 70fps+ and 40fps. And now in Star Wars Outlaws the difference between 60fps and 30fps. 

My guess is it could be related to power management settings. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Ok, so I may need some help. Ever since I updates my BIOS for the purpose of getting the intel update I am noticing a performance hit if I try to play a game any time after waking my PC up from sleep. I have to restart my PC. 

for Black Myth Wukong it is the difference between 70fps+ and 40fps. And now in Star Wars Outlaws the difference between 60fps and 30fps. 

My guess is it could be related to power management settings. 

Have you tried restoring the default power management plan, and then making adjustments to what you want from there?

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Have you tried restoring the default power management plan, and then making adjustments to what you want from there?

I haven’t messed with the power management at all, even after I updated the BIOS. I’m not even sure what I should adjust. 

20 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Are you running the latest drivers for your motherboard?

Yes. 

On 8/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

I would go into your power settings and restore defaults. See if that fixes it. 

There isn’t an option to just restore the default for power settings. I’d have to default everything. But most everything seem to be set to auto. 

So when I check CPU and GPU usage the CPU usage is lower than normal (down to 15% vs 20%), and then there are dips in GPU usage down to 90% and even into the 80s. 

Rumors are saying that the RTX 5080 is targeting 400watts power usage and ~10% faster than the 4090. 5090 is supposedly going to use more power than the 4090, but, since a non-OCed 4090 technically runs at 450watts I’ll just assume this means 500-550.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Rumors are saying that the RTX 5080 is targeting 400watts power usage and ~10% faster than the 4090. 5090 is supposedly going to use more power than the 4090, but, since a non-OCed 4090 technically runs at 450watts I’ll just assume this means 500-550.

I've seen reports of up to 600W for the 5090.

Some decent looking stuff in this bundle:

I can vouch for Super Indie Kart.  Fell Seal is supposedly great, just has uninspiring art.  Chorus, Deliver Us the Moon, Internal Drift and Beyond All Steel Sky all seem like interesting albeit imperfect selections.  $3 for 5.  5 for $8.  Perfect price to finally give some of these a shot IMO.

Just don't buy Super Rhythm Castle, which is free tomorrow on Epic.