Nikki Haley planning Feb. 15 launch for 2024 White House bid

3 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't know... it's not that people actually like Nikki Haley, they are just voting against Trump. Putting her on the ticket wouldn't do much of anything for him.

No way is Trump putting anyone not white on his ticket, there's only downside for him there. Plus you know he's a racist too. 

16 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't know... it's not that people actually like Nikki Haley, they are just voting against Trump. Putting her on the ticket wouldn't do much of anything for him.

Nah, her supporters actually like her. Go watch some interviews with the people still voting for her.

That’s not to say there aren’t some just casting protest votes, but she certainly has/had a weird cult following throughout the primaries.

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Nah, her supporters actually like her. Go watch some interviews with the people still voting for her.

That’s not to say there aren’t some just casting protest votes, but she certainly has/had a weird cult following throughout the primaries.

Yeah but I'd assume the majority of those people are "Republican but I hate Trump" types.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

No way is Trump putting anyone not white on his ticket, there's only downside for him there. Plus you know he's a racist too. 

Yeah, the closest a person of color is getting to being his VP pick is Tim Scott, and he’s too weird for even Trump.

scared the simpsons GIF

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but I'd assume the majority of those people are "Republican but I hate Trump" types.

Even in the earlier primaries where they had a plethora for choices, though? Just seems like he'd pull more from that crowd by picking her vs one of the other sycophants. Certainly not saying that they'd all flock to him, just that Haley would probably pull the most from that crowd as they'll use cognitive dissonance to think "oh she'll stop him from doing too many horrible things" 

I think his best play is Tulsi Gabbard, but she might not be enough of a chud for him. Tim Scott brings absolutely nothing to the ticket beyond his race. I don't think many black Americans will vote for Trump because he has the whitest black person to ever exist as his VP. Dog shoot lady is out. My thinking is he has already proven he really doesn't want to split the attention and will go with a very boring safe option. Someone who is 1000% obedient, but happy to fade into the background. So, yeah, maybe I'm talking myself back into Tim Scott... but again, I think he already tried a boring religious weirdo, he probably doesn't want to go that route again. The safe bet is a woman.

I think he could pick a poc and have it not piss off the nazi base. They seem to be pretty “in” on the concept of using a person of color to provide a sort of cover. Didn’t the proud boys do this themselves?

I mean, Haley has spent basically her entire political career trying to be white except for the past two-ish years to try and appeal to Indian-Americans. I'm sure the Nazis and KKK who love Trump would be like "nah, she's one of the good ones" simply because Trump picked her.

:shrug:

My take is that majority of closeted racist right wingers don't hate every individual minority... in fact, as long as they gleefully accept their place in society, understand their role as "culturally secondary", don't make a fuss and keep their heads down... they are 100% fine with minorities. Minorities that do things like cook them tacos and clean their toilets and sing and dance for them are 100% fine. They are even open to the idea that there are "good ones" in there as well. It gives them a great cover story for the outside world and it gives them a way to convince themselves that their fucked up twisted beliefs are okay.

Most welcome minorities that act and behave like white people with open arms.

Sure, there is some tiny minority of uber racists who would never vote for a black person, but are they going to switch to Biden? Not in a million years.

9 minutes ago, ort said:

My take is that majority of closeted racist right wingers don't hate every individual minority... in fact, as long as they gleefully accept their place in society, understand that their role as culturally secondary, don't make a fuss and keep their heads down... they are 100% fine with minorities. They are even open to the idea that there are "good ones" in there as well. It gives them a great cover story for the outside world and it gives them a way to convince themselves that their fucked up twisted beliefs are okay.

Most welcome minorities that act and behave like white people with open arms.

Sure, there is some tiny minority of uber racists who would never vote for a black person, but are they going to switch to Biden? Not in a million years.

Obviously they won't vote for Biden, but they might vote for Brainworm Bobby or just stay home.

Yeah... should've been doing that the moment she dropped out. Meet with Christie's people too. And Romney's.

Actually, no. Not Romney's. He will endorse whoever is most like him to be his replacement in the Senate and if he endorses Biden it's goodbye to whoever he endorses and we get a MAGA chud in his stead.

Why quietly? Why not “I had a chance to meet with Haley supporters and members of her now defunct PAC. It’s clear these voters have been failed by and left behind by the Republican Party. But the Democratic Party tent is big and there’s a place for them here.”

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Why quietly? Why not “I had a chance to meet with Haley supporters and members of her now defunct PAC. It’s clear these voters have been failed by and left behind by the Republican Party. But the Democratic Party tent is big and there’s a place for them here.”

Because the republicans are cowards 

• True 1