PlayStation kicks off new year with increased supply of PS5 consoles

SaysWho?

If they want to start dropping last Gen support for new titles and expansions they should ensure people can upgrade relatively easily. Demand has stayed high as I’m sure plenty of retailers sell out of new stock within hours. And last I checked Amazon you still had to sign up to be on a waiting list essentially. Though recent comments at the time did say it only took about a week to be notified and able to buy one. 

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If they want to start dropping last Gen support for new titles and expansions they should ensure people can upgrade relatively easily. Demand has stayed high as I’m sure plenty of retailers sell out of new stock within hours. And last I checked Amazon you still had to sign up to be on a waiting list essentially. Though recent comments at the time did say it only took about a week to be notified and able to buy one. 

At Best Buy, you can buy the Ragnarok bundle and get it by Feb 2. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-5-console-god-of-war-ragnarok-bundle/6523225.p?skuId=6523225

39 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Sony must've really cut a helluva contract with TSMC to ensure a relatively healthy stream of PS5s because there's an unquestionably significant difference in the volume of PS5s being available for purchase compared to the Xbox Series X and they both use TSMC as the fabricator.

Probably a combination of that and supply catching up to demand.  Microsoft also didn't sell as many boxes this past holiday.

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Sony must've really cut a helluva contract with TSMC to ensure a relatively healthy stream of PS5s because there's an unquestionably significant difference in the volume of PS5s being available for purchase compared to the Xbox Series X and they both use TSMC as the fabricator.

I thought that they purchases their chips from AMD -- and AMD manufactured them thru TSMC.  Was I always wrong?