NFL Week 17 - 2 More Weeks of This Crap?

Keyser_Soze

As a lacrosse official, one of the things they have is focus on now besides head injuries is the possibility of sudden cardiac arrest from blows to the chest. They’ve even updated goalie chest protectors and player shoulder pads to try and protect the chest more. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

With a suspension of play like this and the somber tone it seems unlikely they will continue.

There is zero reason to continue play even if news comes that he is stabilized. That’s a traumatic experience for those players. Send them home.

25 minutes ago, Hellhound said:

As a lacrosse official, one of the things they have is focus on now besides head injuries is the possibility of sudden cardiac arrest from blows to the chest. They’ve even updated goalie chest protectors and player shoulder pads to try and protect the chest more. 

This MD does a good job explaining what he thinks happened, and pretty much what you said (and sort of what I thought)

They need Roger Goodell out of their first. The guy has been a complete joke for them and is way way way too slow to react to anything that might look bad/negative on or towards the league. The local Buffalo NBC station news broke into regular programming for some time and is only now just rejoining Quantum Leap. 

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

How are they so bad at this?

Years and years of s***ty practice, SB.  Ridiculous as they are running for cover from the “take five minutes to warm up” line that was said by somebody, reported from the booth, but is now an orphan. 

“Who said that?  No, wasn’t us. No idea where it came from.  That makes us look like we just want to feed the machine for one of the biggest games of the year. We’re not like that.”

🙄

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Ghouls out there saying this is vaccine related deserve to die alone.

I went to pick up my kid from a party and mentioned the situation to some of the other dads, and one of them said it seemed to actually be caused by the hit instead of from the vaccines like all these other athletes.

Me:

Come On Please GIF by NBA

13 hours ago, 69los said:

This is Hamlin's fundraiser. Hoping he wakes up healthy to see this.

53286502_1607993683533056_r.jpeg
WWW.GOFUNDME.COM

As I embark on my journey to the NFL, I will never forget where I come fro… Damar Hamlin needs your support for The Chasing M's Foundation Community Toy Drive

It's at 4 million dollars now

• Like 1

Hamlin’s condition seems unchanged at this time.

The game is not being completed this week and they aren’t adjusting the week 18 schedule. Will be curious what they do if the outcome of the game would ultimately decide seeding for the playoff.

Also, I made the mistake of reading the replies to the NFL tweet about not resuming the game.

Covid conspiracy freaks

“NFL rigging it so the Bills stay in the 1 seed” freaks

”What about the people who bought tickets?” freaks

“I’m in the fantasy football playoffs so what about my team?” freaks

The internet was a huge mistake

19 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The NFL is awful. I like football, but I’ve barely watched this season. I just feel more uncomfortable with the sport as time goes on. 

I really hope this guy makes a full recovery. 

I've felt that too as time goes on.  My son did football for one season when he was 7 years old. He had players on his team up to 8 or maybe 9 yrs old. One of the kids on my son's team got his knee dislocated in a game.  Another kid on a different team got his leg broken. My wife and I said fuck this and pulled him out. Can't look at real football the same. Kids and teens shouldn't be tearing up their bodies for that ultra slim chance at the NFL.

I still enjoy watching football from time to time. But when those big hits come it makes me wince a lot more than it used to.

• Halal 2