Remnant II (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update (09/16): "The Dark Horizon" DLC and Boss Rush Mode to release on 09/24

Commissar SFLUFAN

30 minutes ago, Best said:

How difficult is this on the easiest difficulty?

On 2/3/2024 at 11:22 AM, TheLeon said:

On the easy difficulty, it’s really not a notably hard game. Up until the very end of the game, it felt like a normal action game, not the “hardcore” experience you might be imagining. 

On 8/17/2023 at 7:05 PM, TheLeon said:

I’ve been playing on the easiest difficulty, and it definitely feels approachable up to this point. Most normal encounters are fun and engaging but I never really feel in danger. A couple of the bosses felt overwhelming when I first faced them, but it only took a couple attempts each to figure them out. I would probably be fine on the middle difficulty, but also this was a good choice for me now, so I can get through it once relatively quickly and say I actually finished a game this summer. :p

On 8/20/2023 at 10:25 AM, TheLeon said:

Oof. I was breezing through the game (on the lowest difficulty) only to be utterly humbled by the final boss. Hot damn is that thing intense! 

It made me realize that I should probably go back and engage with some of these systems more, because my main Handler class wasn’t maxed out, and the one subclass I have (Alchemist) is only level 4. So I’m going to spend some time in adventure mode, hopefully get a boost that way. 

I haven’t played in a year, but this lines up with my memory. I have a somewhat higher pain tolerance than you when it comes to difficulty, but I didn’t really need it for this game on easy. The final boss was tough, but only because it was the first time I really had to focus on game mechanics and use everything at my disposal. Once I leveled up a bit more, it was manageable. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I haven’t played in a year, but this lines up with my memory. I have a somewhat higher pain tolerance than you when it comes to difficulty, but I didn’t really need it for this game on easy. The final boss was tough, but only because it was the first time I really had to focus on game mechanics and use everything at my disposal. Once I leveled up a bit more, it was manageable. 

Thanks a lot for the quotes. I didn't feel like going through the thread. 

Very interesting. I think I'm going to give it a good shot!

16 hours ago, Best said:

Thanks a lot for the quotes. I didn't feel like going through the thread. 

Very interesting. I think I'm going to give it a good shot!

If you’re asking about difficulty the game is pretty much designed in a way where you need to start at the easiest difficulty setting and can increase difficulty as your character and gear get stronger. Starting the game on what appears to be Normal is not advised and just a recipe for frustration. 

this is a game where with honing some skills and leveling up your classes and gear, you can make it your bitch even on the highest difficulties. 

• Halal 1

I happen to be playing it for the first time right now. I'm on the last world of just the vanilla game. I started on the easiest difficulty. 

It's absolutely approachable to pretty much anyone on that level. I've had a couple boss fights that took me a few tries, but there's nothing supremely complex going on. They'll have a few special attacks / mechanics, but you just need to learn some dodge timing and / or what the mechanic does, and you'll beat it even a level or two under where the game recommends you should be. 

I'm really enjoying the game. Plan on turning right around and playing it again or doing the adventure mode to level up new classes. I'll pry get all the DLCs as well. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I happen to be playing it for the first time right now. I'm on the last world of just the vanilla game. I started on the easiest difficulty. 

It's absolutely approachable to pretty much anyone on that level. I've had a couple boss fights that took me a few tries, but there's nothing supremely complex going on. They'll have a few special attacks / mechanics, but you just need to learn some dodge timing and / or what the mechanic does, and you'll beat it even a level or two under where the game recommends you should be. 

I'm really enjoying the game. Plan on turning right around and playing it again or doing the adventure mode to level up new classes. I'll pry get all the DLCs as well. 

yep. And you don’t even need to play adventure mode on higher difficulties to get exclusive stuff, only the final boss of the story mode drops loot based on difficulty. So you can play adventure mode to just find and collect more rings, weapons, pendants, armors, and archetypes. And only need to increase the difficulty of adventure mode if you want a bit more challenge. 

final game boss on Apocalypse does drop a pretty awesome sword, that you can build craft around to be near invincible.