Hades II - Steam/EGS Early Access ($30) Now! - update (05/17): Early Access Patch 1 released

Keyser_Soze

On 5/8/2024 at 8:56 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

IMHO, the original Hades had mobs that were relatively spongy until you started to get upgrades to your damage.

The boss on the third level takes 3 - 5 times as long to beat as Hades does in the original game, it's bananas.

Assuming the boss doesn't have a second form, I got one swipe away from killing it, got too fucking sweaty, and choke died to its most predictable attack while my killing blow was in transit. Terrible. 

• Hugs 1

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Here's our first patch in Early Access!! We're very grateful for all the feedback so far, which inspired this first set of targeted improvements and fixes. Next, we'll be working on a patch with balance changes and additional improvements based on what we've observed. Thank you for playing! Note: 📢 indicates a change inspired by community feedback!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hades II - Steam/EGS Early Access ($30) Now! - update (05/17): Early Access Patch 1 released
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

"In the short run, we plan to deploy at least a couple of relatively small patches to improve parts of the game where we can think of short-term improvements," Greg Kasavin says.

That sense of discovery is one of the things I love about Hades 2. There are so many little details to spot. That sword Nemesis poses with? It looks exactly like the Stygian Blade Zagreus wielded in the first Hades after earning the Aspect of Nemesis upgrade. Hermes carries a happy tortoise in his satchel not just because it's funny for a speedster to be carrying a famously slow animal, but because tortoises are associated with Hermes in Greek mythology (he invented the lyre by stringing a tortoise shell). The bosses have unique dialogue if you stop to gather resources while they're trying to kill you, and Hecate responds to various changes in your loadout. Even in its early access state, there's a lot to find.

"We were just talking the other day about how our astute players quickly seem to find even the smallest details into this game," Kasavin says, "which is a wonderful feeling. I was impressed that players already discovered details such as how Heracles might grumble if you accept a Boon of Hera while he's present, or how Hecate might remark if her Twilight Curse hex is deflected by Melinoë's animal familiar. These are intentionally very situational little moments that only a small percentage of players may experience even if they play the game for a long time. Our thinking is, if we pack the game with stuff like this, then just about every player will experience some of it, even if hardly anyone will see it all."

That reactivity will deepen as Hades 2 is updated. Between smaller patches the first game received periodic Major Updates with themes like "Chaos" (which added the character of Primordial Chaos, three new enemies, the hub's merchant, and the Pact of Punishment difficulty modifiers) and "Beefy" (which gave us the entire Elysium level, all its new enemies, and its beefy-boy bosses, Theseus and the Minotaur). Expect Hades 2's updates to follow a similar pattern, subject to change, Kasavin says. 

"In the short run, we plan to deploy at least a couple of relatively small patches to improve parts of the game where we can think of short-term improvements that alleviate issues we've heard from some players, while hopefully making the game even better for those already pleased with it. Then, we'll focus on our first Major Update, which will take us several months during which the game won't be updated. This Major Update will include new features, locations, foes, and other content. Then we'll patch that a few times to shore up any issues, and repeat this broader process... until we consider the game complete! We expect to be in early access at least through the end of this year."

Had one of those runs that started off kinda lousy; was looking to try some ranged nonsense but the boons I got kept blessing close combat. Figured I'd turn it into a farming run, then popped a duo boon that gave me my close combat benefits regardless of range. Proceeded to kick the everliving shit out of everything including Chronos. What a game.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Had one of those runs that started off kinda lousy; was looking to try some ranged nonsense but the boons I got kept blessing close combat. Figured I'd turn it into a farming run, then popped a duo boon that gave me my close combat benefits regardless of range. Proceeded to kick the everliving shit out of everything including Chronos. What a game.

Nice. I can reliably get to Chronos but so far he keeps kicking my ass. Got to second phase at least but he's rough.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Nice. I can reliably get to Chronos but so far he keeps kicking my ass. Got to second phase at least but he's rough.

One of the keepsakes lets you do 20% extra damage to the last enemy that killed you, which turned out to be really helpful! That's at level 1 as well, I assume you can buff it to 25% or something.

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

One of the keepsakes lets you do 20% extra damage to the last enemy that killed you, which turned out to be really helpful! That's at level 1 as well, I assume you can buff it to 25% or something.

Yeah that does seem like it would be pretty helpful. I'll have to think about switching to that in the final area.

• Hype 1

• 1 month later...