Houston under boil water notice.

It appears that this was a power failure inside the plant itself that was caused by a faulty transformer. Generators didn't kick on and as a result, their pumps stopped. The pumps are what provide the majority of the pressure in the system. Pressure in the system has to be above 20 psi per the regulations in order to prevent the incursion of groundwater into the pipes. Without that minimum pressure, there is potential for pathogens to leech into the water pipes. 

This boil water advisory is triggered based on a regulatory minimum not being met and is not yet indicative of any compromise of the water system in that there are definitely pathogens in the water. 

This also isn't necessarily political either. It's an equipment failure that has public service implications. It'll be fixed soon enough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 3

15 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I had to drive 15 minutes out of the way to get my big Diet Coke this afternoon because I forgot about the notice before I drove up into the city. Really inconvenient

I gave up soda a few years back, and tried a root beer at A&W while I was travelling at Halloween, and I couldn’t believe how sweet it was. I know thats way off topic, but it was shocking to me because I used to love root beer. 

attributing this boil order to politics is ridiculous, but not surprising. Why understand the problem when you can blame the other?