We Really Need to Talk About Marvel Snap, update: ByteDance announces divestment from Nuverse (Marvel Snap publisher)

skillzdadirecta

• 4 weeks later...

I made it to gold… which I never do in these games. I love them even though I am trash.

Also do any of you play on an iPad? Every now and again the stars align and the app loads in landscape mode, but it’s maybe 10% of the time which drives me insane.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I made it to gold… which I never do in these games. I love them even though I am trash.

Also do any of you play on an iPad? Every now and again the stars align and the app loads in landscape mode, but it’s maybe 10% of the time which drives me insane.

People at low collection level will be playing against a lot of bots. And a lot of bots are easy to beat because they'll make really bad plays on turn 6. You'll see fewer bots with each rank you climb, but until you hit Infinite you'll get a bot at least every 4-5 games. You're probably playing against a bot every other game right now, but there's not much you can do to game them until you get better cards. The strategy is to let the bots win 2 out of the 3 locations heading into turn 5 or 6. Then they'll snap you, so you snap them back and have a huge turn 6 play to win the game (or count on them throwing which they do a lot) for 8 cubes.

Also never hit Infinite. I hit Infinite one season by abusing the bots. Since then I have not been able to play against these bots after I reach rank 70 and don't want to grind to climb. Reach rank 90, where you'll get 500 gold, and stop so you can continue to get some bots the next season. There is a hidden MMR system that kicks in after you reach Infinite and I guess that sticks with you from one season to another. Until then you are matched with opponents based on collection level.

6 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

People at low collection level will be playing against a lot of bots. And a lot of bots are easy to beat because they'll make really bad plays on turn 6. You'll see fewer bots with each rank you climb, but until you hit Infinite you'll get a bot at least every 4-5 games. You're probably playing against a bot every other game right now, but there's not much you can do to game them until you get better cards. The strategy is to let the bots win 2 out of the 3 locations heading into turn 5 or 6. Then they'll snap you, so you snap them back and have a huge turn 6 play to win the game (or count on them throwing which they do a lot) for 8 cubes.

Also never hit Infinite. I hit Infinite one season by abusing the bots. Since then I have not been able to play against these bots after I reach rank 70 and don't want to grind to climb. Reach rank 90, where you'll get 500 gold, and stop so you can continue to get some bots the next season. There is a hidden MMR system that kicks in after you reach Infinite and I guess that sticks with you from one season to another. Until then you are matched with opponents based on collection level.

I don’t think I’ll ever have to worry about hitting infinite :p 

On 8/19/2024 at 10:28 AM, Slug said:

Is it worth opening the Collector's Reserves yet?  I've got like 4 seasons worth stacked up unopened.

You can get Collector's Tokens (about 400 every spotlight key) to use in the shop to buy the good cards if you're series 3 complete, but if you've waited this long it's probably best to wait until they drop some cards to series 3 later this year.