M3GAN (Official Trailer) January 13, 2023

Phaseknox

On 10/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, silentbob said:

It’s Chucky and for some reason I also get Upgrade sort of vibes from it too. I kind of like Chucky and I loved Upgrade

I never heard of Upgrade, I just watched the trailer for it and it looks pretty cool so I’m going to watch it today.

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I never heard of Upgrade, I just watched the trailer for it and it looks pretty cool so I’m going to watch it today.

You'll love it and now makes me really want to see his version of The Invisible Man. I have a copy on 4K too but finding the time to watch with my surround sound playing is kinda hard at the moment. Got such a backlog from my year with a working home theatre receiver

• 2 months later...

It's getting good reviews

RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg
WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child's greatest companion and a parent's greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma (Get Out's Allison Williams), M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to. When Gemma suddenly becomes the caretaker of her orphaned 8-year-old niece...

So here’s the thing: unless you’re 9 and have never seen a horror movie before, this movie isn’t remotely scary. But I don’t consider that a knock against it, because I don’t think it’s really trying to be scary. It’s using the structure and tropes of horror movies (including Trauma as a major theme), but nearly every time an expected horror beat comes along, it’s accompanied by (or completely replaced by) something funny. That really worked for me. I had a great time. 

14 hours ago, TheLeon said:

So here’s the thing: unless you’re 9 and have never seen a horror movie before, this movie isn’t remotely scary. But I don’t consider that a knock against it, because I don’t think it’s really trying to be scary. It’s using the structure and tropes of horror movies (including Trauma as a major theme), but nearly every time an expected horror beat comes along, it’s accompanied by (or completely replaced by) something funny. That really worked for me. I had a great time. 

Ok it sounds like a blast then :lol:

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

You seemed to like the first hour of it, does it fall apart after that?

Yea. There is a halfway decent build up but it becomes comical instead of scary. It has good acting tbh, but the story is ridiculous and is executed awfully in the second half. 

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea. There is a halfway decent build up but it becomes comical instead of scary. It has good acting tbh, but the story is ridiculous and is executed awfully in the second half. 

it’s meant to be comical. basically the whole movie is.