Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered (PC/PS5 | All Hallows' Eve) - $10 upgrade for existing owners

Commissar SFLUFAN

I really like these games. I've been through Zero Dawn twice completely and FW with the DLC. I will be surprised if the remaster is very worthwhile, even on a PS5 Pro.

Maybe I'll pick it up for the Steam Deck 2 or something in a few years.

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

I still need to go back and replay it (only got like 6-8 hours in) so if this is a cheap upgrade I'm all for it, I don't remember what the deal was with TLOU Part 1.

As Spork said Part I was full price, but I do believe Part II had a deal. Don't quote me though. 

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Will continue the pattern of me waiting for a large price cut for a remaster of a game I already own to play it.

maybe on Steam it will just be an upgrade? 

7 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Maybe this is just my bias because of how good the PC port still looks when maxed out, but does it really need a remake? Maybe for PS6, in 5 more years? 

Doesn’t every game need ray reconstruction, RTX GI, path tracing, and DLSS frame gen? 

So I guess this remaster will be different than making the original PS5 Pro enhanced? Or will using PISSER to get 120fps be the “remaster”? 

On 9/18/2024 at 8:50 AM, crispy4000 said:
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Sony and Guerrilla Games will remaster the original Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5 and Steam, according to a new leak from the ESRB.

Will continue the pattern of me waiting for a large price cut for a remaster of a game I already own to play it.

On that note, I hope TLOU1 gets a good Black Friday deal.

I was wrong!  I’ll be buying this day one and playing it this year.

Upgraded to Forbidden West level visuals for $10? Yes please.  This is more than you could expect for that price.  Way better than what TLoU1 did.

• True 1

BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Re-experience, or discover, Aloy’s epic quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by machines.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered features over 10 hours of re-recorded conversation, mocap and countless graphical improvements that bring the game to the same visual fidelity as its critically acclaimed sequel Horizon Forbidden West. The game’s lush world includes frozen mountains, dense jungles, and arid deserts with stunning new visuals and 4K graphics and travelling between settlements is now lightning-fast.

The story’s many compelling characters have been upgraded, bringing them in line with current generation advances in character models and rendering. We hope that improved animation, lightning, textures and more will make new and existing fans excited to dive into the action!

The audio experience in Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered has been significantly enhanced. We’ve completely revamped the sound mix, now supporting PS5 Tempest 3D Audio Tech for higher-order ambisonics and Atmos rendering for an immersive soundscape. Our sound design has also seen major improvements, with hundreds of improvements both in-game and in the cinematics. 

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered takes full advantage of the PS5 console’s power and features. The DualSense controller’s haptic feedback and adaptive triggers ensure incredible immersion during tense combat, stealthy exploration, or scaling a gigantic Tallneck. We’ve integrated custom  haptics for the DualSense controller throughout the game, providing tactile feedback that heightens immersion. Additionally, we’ve introduced a new optional accessibility feature that utilizes sound and haptic feedback to notify players of interactable elements, such as pickups, that were previously only indicated visually. 

We’re also very happy to share that Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered comes with native support for PlayStation 5 Pro. This includes a range of graphical features that have been improved to make use of the power of the PS5 Pro, while also delivering ultra-high fidelity at blazing fast framerates.   

The PC version on Windows includes the PlayStation overlay with Trophy support and has its own set of features, such as support for ultra-wide resolutions and the latest performance enhancing technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3.1 with frame generation. We will let our Nixxes partners expand more in a future blog.

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered (PC/PS5 | All Hallows' Eve) - $10 upgrade for existing owners
1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

It's been said Sony will honor the $10 price if you got a free copy from their Summer of Play event years back.

From the PS blog post:

For existing owners of Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4, PC) and/or Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PS4, PS5, PC): you can upgrade to the digital version of Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered for $9.99 on both PlayStation 5 console and on PC (via Steam or Epic Game Store). This includes fans who added the game to their libraries during PlayStation’s Play At Home initiative. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Will you actually replay it?

Most likely yes. I only beat it once. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

For $10 you’ll get an even uglier clearer face!

She is definitely not ugly. 

If I were a Somy console owner that would give me all kids of warm and fuzzy feelings staying and locking myself in that ecosystem. lol 

On 9/25/2024 at 5:35 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Will you actually replay it?

wasn’t originally directed at me, but I asked myself this question just the other day. I don’t know if or when I will replay it. But if I get the urge maybe I’ll buy the upgrade on Steam. I payed $15 originally and felt I more than got my money’s worth. But I am not currently itching for a reason to go back in. 

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If I were a Somy console owner that would give me all kids of warm and fuzzy feelings staying and locking myself in that ecosystem. lol

They're doing the same thing on PC, upgrade path and price hike.  So it really doesn't matter where you are, Sony is going to Sony.

PC owners will generally pay more for Sony's games because they launch there later.  But I also think of PS+ subsidizing those price cuts on console to some degree.

4 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

They're doing the same thing on PC, upgrade path and price hike.  So it really doesn't matter where you are, Sony is going to Sony.

PC owners will generally pay more for Sony's games because they launch there later.  But I also think of PS+ subsidizing those price cuts on console to some degree.

except console players don’t really have an avenue like this where they can still get game for cheap 

WWW.CDKEYS.COM

Buy Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition for PC ✔️ PC Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

except console players don’t really have an avenue like this where they can still get game for cheap 

WWW.CDKEYS.COM

Buy Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition for PC ✔️ PC Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download...

WWW.GAMESTOP.COM

Buy Horizon Zero Dawn by Sony Interactive Entertainment at GameStop. Order the physical or digital copy online for delivery or in-store pick-up and save with our buy...

PS4 disc used.

WWW.IGN.COM

Sony’s controversial PlayStation Network requirement for its PC games is once again in the spotlight after the company delisted the original Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam and the Epic Games Store and added the PSN requirement to the upcoming single-player remaster.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sicko 2