The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

53 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Speaking of which, I think the game puts way too much emphasis on cooking in general, to the point I'm really starting to resent it. First of all, if I find a shrub that increases some resistance or whatever, I should just be able to eat it to get that benefit. Sure, allow me to cook it so that I get hearts and stamina (or whatever), but just allow me to eat it raw. It means I have this whole inventory of shrubs, and every once in a while I have to cook a bunch of them just in case I actually need them. Have an urgent need for something in the wild? Well, the zonai cooking pot is one time use! Make it timed at least, but one cook is insane. Even when you're at a pot, if you have a lot of stuff to cook, it's a real pain in the neck, even if recipes make things slightly better. I really wish I could tell it I want to make a given recipe X times, or cook all my herbs. I just feel like I have to spend way too much time cooking, and it's a chore more than anything. It's a barrier to fun.

I think I've cooked maybe 10 times in the 200ish hours I've got on record. :lol: Think I made a bunch of heat and cold resistant stuff and then just went for whatever maxed out the most hearts. And I get enough minor meal rewards from side content that I don't really feel I need to cook very often at all.

Meanwhile in BotW I remember spending ages cooking.

15 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm trying to get into the habit of just using it for kicks more, because while I'm still early, every puzzle that had me temporarily stumped was because I forgot about it!

It's my #1 way of reaching the next floor of areas or exiting deep caves!

• stepee 1

25 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

P.S. Has anybody on the internet ever played DLC?? I only ask because every experience I've recently had with DLC is it's like 2-5 hours of content max, and usually if there's a new mechanic it feels unfinished and sad. Y'all playing some wild DLC if multiple hundreds of hours worth of content is DLC!

In Nintendo fairness, their RPG DLC can be pretty huge. Cindered Shadows for Three Houses was on the shorter side around 10 hours, but Torna and Future Redeemed for Xenoblade 2 and 3 were basically whole new 20+ hour long games.

It's not hundreds of hours. If you want hundreds of hours of content from Nintendo you're probably looking at the Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise DLC which is basically a sequel to the 3DS Happy Home Designer, but stuffed into the main game as DLC content.

I could see how someone, without looking into further, would confuse Tears of the Kingdom with like a Matter Quest-style DLC remix of BotW. It absolutely isn't, but I can see why someone might think that from a thousand miles away.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Theres a weird tiny faction of progressives that think being an asshole and attacking everyone they don’t agree with about, even something as simple as games is perfectly acceptable. They are generally just as disgusting as the people on the right they hate so much.

God forbid you have an opinion that’s not pre-approved by them. 

admittedly I think its a ridiculous opinion, but that shit is uncalled for and was basically full of projection.

Best is a known troll, and that post was a troll. I don't have to give any respect to trolls, especially ones who don't value female human rights. And before you say I'm bringing politics into this...you're the one who thinks that somehow this is caused by me being progressive. Having said that, I'm not going to hang up my beliefs at the door of a video game forum if others are fascists, don't believe in human rights, etc. I didn't bring up his beliefs, however, only that he is a troll who uses Fox News-style "just asking a question" questions to troll people on answers he already knows. POSs and trolls are still POSs and trolls, regardless if they share the same hobby as you. I pointed out he is a troll, which he is. I'm done my piece.

• Haha 1

They should actually do a Zelda where you finally play as Zelda (cdi doesn’t count) and the plot is that she is pregnant with Ganon and if she gives birth to him he will destroy the world but the laws of Hyrule don’t allow abortion so she has to escape to a far away land where doctors will assist her in aborting little baby Ganon.

• Haha 2

Just now, stepee said:

They should actually do a Zelda where you finally play as Zelda (cdi doesn’t count) and the plot is that she is pregnant with Ganon and if she gives birth to him he will destroy the world but the laws of Hyrule don’t allow abortion so she has to escape to a far away land where doctors will assist her in aborting little baby Ganon.

No, but I always said I would love a spin-off OoT Sheik game that was more of a stealth adventure than a typical Zelda game is.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Best is a known troll, and that post was a troll. I don't have to give any respect to trolls, especially ones who don't value female human rights. And before you say I'm bringing politics into this...you're the one who thinks that somehow this is caused by me being progressive. Having said that, I'm not going to hang up my beliefs at the door of a video game forum if others are fascists, don't believe in human rights, etc. I didn't bring up his beliefs, however, only that he is a troll who uses Fox News-style "just asking a question" questions to troll people on answers he already knows. POSs and trolls are still POSs and trolls, regardless if they share the same hobby as you. I pointed out he is a troll, which he is. I'm done my piece.

You done your piece? Good now get the fuck outta here with your  stupid bullshit you fucking loser. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I think I've cooked maybe 10 times in the 200ish hours I've got on record. :lol: Think I made a bunch of heat and cold resistant stuff and then just went for whatever maxed out the most hearts. And I get enough minor meal rewards from side content that I don't really feel I need to cook very often at all.

Meanwhile in BotW I remember spending ages cooking.

Like with most systems in this game, you don't really need to use it. I also think I cook much more early in the game than later once I have all the resist gear and a bunch of health and stamina wheels. It also doesn't help that I was farming rupees by selling food, so I was cooking a lot more than you'd have reason to normally.

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Like with most systems in this game, you don't really need to use it. I also think I cook much more early in the game than later once I have all the resist gear and a bunch of health and stamina wheels. It also doesn't help that I was farming rupees by selling food, so I was cooking a lot more than you'd have reason to normally.

Oh lord, that's a slow way to farm rupees! I just go into caves hunting for diamonds. 500 rupees a piece! They're also used for a few other things but you get enough over the course of a long adventure that you can definitely afford to sell some.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I absolutely wasn't trolling when I asked this question this morning. I'm extremely early on and know nothing about the game. So when I reached Hyrule after a while it felt like dlc. After reading other sensible posts in here I discovered I was way off which I'm happy about. I'm far from a troll except that one thread where you lost your mind on my opinion/personal belief. 

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You done your piece? Good now get the fuck outta here with your  stupid bullshit you fucking loser. 

Also...this.

• Haha 1

Back on topic. I really progressed well this evening. Took down 6 shrines which are so fuckin well made. The puzzles are so cool and make you think. I had to cheat on one but overall the sense of accomplishment this game gives you when you figure things out is awesome. I'm still not sure what to do with the towers. I walked up to one today and it had no power.

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, BloodyHell said:
Zelda-1-9.jpg
WWW.ESSENTIALLYSPORTS.COM

Fans are in despair as the newly released Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom not only vanishes from shelves but also from the eShop!

I was just waking up after a late night gaming session, and my very tired eyes originally read it as “Playing hooker from work today”. 

I was like, maybe he wants to go broke?

If he's playing a Hooker I'd say he'll go the opposite of broke 😏

The eff does that have to do with this thread? Have a coke and a smile and get back to your blog. 

I'm done my piece.

I would hope so. So far you’ve called him a moron, a piece of shit, a troll and suggested he is a fascist   All for saying something you don’t like about a video game. 
I think you need to reevaluate why you’re posting here. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I would hope so. So far you’ve called him a moron, a piece of shit, a troll and suggested he is a fascist   All for saying something you don’t like about a video game. 
I think you need to reevaluate why you’re posting here. 

But of course wade sees nothing wrong with this. I would have been banned by now.

• True 1

46 minutes ago, best3444 said:

But of course wade sees nothing wrong with this. I would have been banned by now.

You can’t win so stop trying. Only reason I stick around is because I like talking about video games with a bunch of you regardless of what your beliefs are or what you represent. Most around here can not separate one thing for another. I love y’all. But please stay away from Current Events bruh.

• Thanks 2
  • True 1

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You can’t win so stop trying. Only reason I stick around is because I like talking about video games with a bunch of you regardless of what your beliefs are or what you represent. Most around here can not separate one thing for another. I love y’all. But please stay away from Current Events bruh.

If I visit that board again I know what I'm dealing with now. As you said, you can't win.

But, let's completely drop this and keep this on topic. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Lol Best is a fascist now? :jordan:

man, don’t pull a muscle reaching!

4 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Bro why does everything hit like a truck? I have 6 hearts and everything 1 or 2 shots be even with some on-base armor. Zelda Souls

Are you fusing weapons with your highest fusing items? Makes them hit much harder. 
Also parrying and side dodging is your friend. 

• True 1

JFC, you guys.

I actually got a couple hours in last night. Husband is pretty deep into the game, since he's played it the whole weekend and today. I'll probably play more after dinner. Kinda hard looking at it up close on his 48" OLED at his desk(he's claimed the 65" in the game room), but it's been great so far. Keep getting distracted and I'm not even out of the first area yet.

• stepee 1

20 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I haven't unlocked upgrading armor yet, I just did 2 of the towers that's pretty much it. 

Well that's why you're getting hit so hard! You got no hearts, no armor, and a world full of danger!

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So, what are people’s favorite boss fights so far?

mMine was definitely the Wind Temple Guardian. I still have one left to do though, of the four (I think) main ones.

Wind for sure, it's a bit of a spectacle with great music.

• Halal 1

10 hours ago, stepee said:

That's what Link's Awakening was really about. Break the egg, then destroy the bad sperm.

9 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Rupee farming is easy with Amiibo. I usually go to a place that's super cold or super hot, scan an amiibo that drops meat, the meat will automatically cook or freeze, doubling its value, and then you sell it. 

• Shocked 1

So I was wrong about thinking this game needed to be like older Zelda games. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Nintendo has their finger on the pulse of what makes games fun, appealing, interesting and has a way of making you think about the games even when you're not playing. I'm blown away by how much better this is than I thought it would be. I'll go sit in the corner now 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 3
  • Hugs 2