Mega-rich family behind opioid crisis has second, secret opioid company

Jason

Moreover, former Purdue employees told the FT that sales reps were incentivized not just to ruthlessly expand the sale of OxyContin but to also push generic opioids. Specifically, part of their bonuses was calculated based on the size of the overall opioid market. That unusual business move makes a lot more sense knowing that Purdue’s owners also owned a company that sells generic opioids.

Wow. That's pretty transparent.

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It amazes me that I still have a couple coworkers who think marijuana should be illegal. I listened to one of them talk this weekend. Her argument was terrible, naturally. 

But given how much ridiculousness resulting from drug abuse we see every single shift, I don't know how anyone could be against legalization.

I hope they get shitfaced drunk every week just to ooze in irony

Yeah, I was at a large youth hockey party and they had raffles and fundraisers. They had one raffle where the prize was literally 3 wheelbarrows overflowing with bottles of hard liquor. Like, enough booze to kill like 10 people.

Half of the raffle prizes were alcohol related.

It's just weird how socially acceptable alcohol is as a drug. I was trying to imagine 3 wheelbarrows filled with weed and bongs and just how weird that would look... but it's the same damned thing. 3 wheelbarrows of weed would actually be way way less dangerous.

7 minutes ago, ort said:

Yeah, I was at a large youth hockey party and they had raffles and fundraisers. They had one raffle where the prize was literally 3 wheelbarrows overflowing with bottles of hard liquor. Like, enough booze to kill like 10 people.

It's just weird how socially acceptable alcohol is as a drug. I was trying to imagine 3 wheelbarrows filled with weed and bongs and just how weird that would look... but it's the same damned thing. 3 wheelbarrows of weed would actually be way way less dangerous.

I love alcohol and drinking just like most people do but it is absolutely the same thing and marijuana is a lot less dangerous. The cognitive dissonance of many people to not see this is mind-boggling. 

41 minutes ago, ort said:

Wheelbarrows full of liquor isn't going to go bad in a few weeks like pot would.

I agree with the rest of your point though.