Make room on your challenge coin shelf! White House planning second Trump-Kim summit.

Jason

I don't know...I'll be the first to admit that I am obscenely unqualified to opine on international relations, but from my perspective even if these summits achieve nothing deliverable, at best they ease tensions and at worst they provide cover for actual diplomacy behind the scenes. It's a fraught situation given how easily Trump can (and nearly has) fucked things up, but if the summits keep NK from being overtly aggressive (and they just act passive aggressively, like a real fucking nation!), I'll stomach Trump's bloviating over nothing.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I don't know...I'll be the first to admit that I am obscenely unqualified to opine on international relations, but from my perspective even if these summits achieve nothing deliverable, at best they ease tensions and at worst they provide cover for actual diplomacy behind the scenes. It's a fraught situation given how easily Trump can (and nearly has) fucked things up, but if the summits keep NK from being overtly aggressive (and they just act passive aggressively, like a real fucking nation!), I'll stomach Trump's bloviating over nothing.

I'm not too far from this notion myself.

As long as Trump doesn't make any promises, some dialogue is better than no dialogue.

On a side-note, last Saturday in Seoul I passed by a protest demanding American troops leave Korea because they're are the reason there is no peace between North and South. And down in front of the Blue House was a separate protest demanding that Trump start bombing the North immediately. Spend an hour downtown and you'll encounter at least 5 different protests. :lol: