2022 Midterm Thread

The only guy I voted for this election died. 

317498667_690768655739115_33077833861392
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

WTVR CBS 6 shared a post on Instagram: "BREAKING: Virginia Congressman Donald McEachin (D - Richmond) passed away on Monday at the age of 61. Tara Rountree, McEachin's Chief of Staff, said that the...

a couple untimely republicans kicking the bucket and we could see control of the house flip lol

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The only guy I voted for this election died. 

317498667_690768655739115_33077833861392
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

WTVR CBS 6 shared a post on Instagram: "BREAKING: Virginia Congressman Donald McEachin (D - Richmond) passed away on Monday at the age of 61. Tara Rountree, McEachin's Chief of Staff, said that the...

a couple untimely republicans kicking the bucket and we could see control of the house flip lol

What happens to his seat now?

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

AZ-06 might flip to dems because some election denying losers in a heavily republican county are not certifying the vote. State law apparently states that the votes of that county will be removed from the total tally, and this would flip the district. lmao stay losing, idiots

oh no I'm so owned please don't do this

• Haha 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

AZ-06 might flip to dems because some election denying losers in a heavily republican county are not certifying the vote. State law apparently states that the votes of that county will be removed from the total tally, and this would flip the district. lmao stay losing, idiots

God, you just hate to see it.

(I lie, I don’t hate seeing it at all)

this is as good as it gets. The meltdowns will be epic.

Just now, Jason said:

who dat

my friend you are in for a treat. not only is he a convicted sex pest (with a ratio of kids to mothers that would make Hershel Walker blush), anti abortion, conservative democrat, but as a stunt he also pulled an unloaded AK-47 from his desk on the floor of the house of delegates during a debate.

640px-Joseph_D._Morrissey_2010.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

my friend you are in for a treat. not only is he a convicted sex pest (with a ratio of kids to mothers that would make Hershel Walker blush), anti abortion, conservative democrat, but as a stunt he also pulled an unloaded AK-47 from his desk on the floor of the house of delegates during a debate.

640px-Joseph_D._Morrissey_2010.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Also apparently does not have a suit that fits properly based on that picture.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, CastletonSnob said:

The fact that Herschel fucking Walker has a very real chance of winning says a lot about people and the Republican Party of 2022.

Fixed.

Let's face it: he wouldn't have won the primary even 10 years ago in Georgia because those kinds of candidates mostly weren't winning in the GOP, and yet if he did somehow win, he probably would have won the general since it was a more solidly Republican state at the time.

If anything, Georgia has improved significantly in my lifetime, giving us Dems like Warnock and Ossoff instead of Dems like Zell Miller. Hope they pull through again Tuesday night.

• True 2

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Fixed.

Let's face it: he wouldn't have won the primary even 10 years ago in Georgia because those kinds of candidates mostly weren't winning in the GOP, and yet if he did somehow win, he probably would have won the general since it was a more solidly Republican state at the time.

If anything, Georgia has improved significantly in my lifetime, giving us Dems like Warnock and Ossoff instead of Dems like Zell Miller. Hope they pull through again Tuesday night.

Circa 2004, it seemed like Georgia would never vote Democrat within the next 500 years.  Kind of amazing what the growth of the Atlanta area has done.

Gives one hope Texas may eventually see the light.  Or at least that the threat of a blue Texas will force Republicans there to moderate. (Don’t spill your coffee laughing at that one)

On 12/3/2022 at 7:49 AM, CastletonSnob said:

The fact that Herschel fucking Walker has a very real chance of winning says a lot about the people of Georgia.

“Texas is blue, if not for voter suppression! How dare you criticize Texans!!!!111!!!”

”Georgians are dumbasses, because they didn’t elect a man with a raging case of CTE”

30 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Circa 2004, it seemed like Georgia would never vote Democrat within the next 500 years.  Kind of amazing what the growth of the Atlanta area has done.

Gives one hope Texas may eventually see the light.  Or at least that the threat of a blue Texas will force Republicans there to moderate. (Don’t spill your coffee laughing at that one)

Speaking of which, I was there in 2014 when the children of Sam Nunn and Jimmy Carter ran for Senate and Governor, respectively. It was probably their strongest duo of candidates they could have run at the time and both lost around 53%-45%. At that point, it seemed like to win as a Democrat, everything had to go perfectly, and Democrats had to win overwhelmingly in other parts of the country as part of a huge blue wave in order to lift Dems in Georgia.

Now they can just be competitive in general. I hope Warnock retains his seat.

4 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere—kind of just another iteration of the Kari Lake thing:

Trump calls for suspending constitution

Fortunately, Republican congressional leaders have unanimously condemned this...

Psych!

Its consistent with their habit of accusing Liberals of threatening to do something that they themselves would do.. this falls in the Dems will void the constitution and take your guns