2022 Midterm Thread

FhOB8MOVUAI7ae9?format=png&name=360x360

Rip AZ GOP this is a new batch, not counted but that party breakdown is brutal for them.  Like this probably even gets Hobbs across the finish line, these are still early vote meaning the GOP leaning e-day drop off mail is much smaller than the GOP wants.

This may also open up a house seat, like this is that good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, nublood said:

I'm still not sure why not most of, but ALL of the republican candidates in GA won by 2 and 300k votes, But Walker and Warnock are deadlocked :confused:

Because even some Republicans are smart enough not to vote for Walker, while Kemp, who isn't a Trump idiot, gets those votes.

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

It will be really interesting to see how things play out if the rightwing media continues to attempt to cut Trump loose.

As bad as these midterms have been for the GOP what typically would have happened during the Trump years is that a scandal rocks Trump and the worse it was the longer it would take the media and party to coalesce around talking points that swept it under the rug. But usually no more than a week before Lindsey was making excuses and McCarthy was taking a flight to Florida to kiss Trump's ring.

It won't be for a week or two before we really know how serious they are about dumping Trump. And then it will be interesting to see what effect that has on Trump's ability to bounce back without the echo chamber on his side.

Right now things looks bad for Trump, but keep in mind that he can absolutely burn the party to the ground on the way out if he really wants to. Not only electorally, though that would be bad enough. He probably knows shit that could get Reps and Senators jail time if he goes full "If I'm going down I am taking you with me" mode.

QfeJ61u.png

• Haha 6

Pima County (Tucson) has posted 12,413 ballots. Batch breakdown

Governor

@KariLake

@katiehobbs

Senate

@bgmasters

@CaptMarkKelly

AZSOS

@RealMarkFinchem

@Adrian_Fontes

AZAG

@AbrahamHamadeh

@krismayes

We should probably get a call in the AZ senate race tonight i'd imagine once maricopa's early votes are tallied.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Pima County (Tucson) has posted 12,413 ballots. Batch breakdown

Governor

@KariLake

@katiehobbs

Senate

@bgmasters

@CaptMarkKelly

AZSOS

@RealMarkFinchem

@Adrian_Fontes

AZAG

@AbrahamHamadeh

@krismayes

We should probably get a call in the AZ senate race tonight i'd imagine once maricopa's early votes are tallied.

Possible we also get Nevada called tonight?  Is it still looking favorable for both Ds?

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OH FOR THE SAKE OF SHIVA, VISHNU, AND KALI!

I AM SO GODDAMNED SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT GODDAMNED TEXAS TO THE POINT WHERE I WISH IT WOULD STAY GODDAMNED RED FOR GODDAMNED FOREVER!

STOP!  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, STOP!

lol right 

12 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

..so is this a confirmation that Ds “endorsing” Trump acolytes in their party elections was the right move or was this going to be the end result regardless.

Absolutely not in the least.

It was an incredibly dangerous, irresponsible, foolhardy, bone-headed, stupid gambit that could've had absolutely disastrous consequences had luck -- and make no mistake that luck played a huge role in it -- gone the other way.

It should absolutely never be even remotely considered again, and anyone who suggests it should be dragged into the streets and summarily executed.

• True 2

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Absolutely not in the least.

It was an incredibly dangerous, irresponsible, foolhardy, bone-headed stupid gambit that could've had absolutely disastrous consequences had luck -- and make no mistake that luck played a huge role in it -- gone the other way.

It should absolutely never be even remotely considered again, and anyone who suggests it should be dragged into the streets and summarily executed.

ok now don’t hold back and tell us how you REALLY feel