2022 Midterm Thread

I think it’s just hard to explain to people why they’ve been voting against their own interests after a certain age so you end up with this group of people struggling economically that kind of has to picture all democrats as the rich elite.

It doesn’t make sense why the elitist rich keeping the man down would want their taxes raised in order to help out the disenfranchised. But it also doesn’t make sense why you would vote against yourself economically every election if you are struggling. It’s easier to believe the one where it’s partially your fault isn’t true.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

Ok, 90% of the board are rich snobs. Sorry for the error. 

@stepee I wasn't influenced by anyone by saying what I did. It's the reality that I have learned after reading all the bullshit on this particular board for a few years. It's fucking disgusting and of course I'll get ganged up on here. Thankfully I don't give two fucks. 

There are some decent people on this board but that's as far as I'll go with that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, best3444 said:

@stepee I wasn't influenced by anyone by saying what I did. It's the reality that I have learned after reading all the bullshit on this particular board for a few years. It's fucking disgusting and of course I'll get ganged up on here. Thankfully I don't give two fucks. 

There are some decent people on this board but that's as far as I'll go with that.

Why was your first post here to insult the board? This is totally unprovoked dude.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think it’s just hard to explain to people why they’ve been voting against their own interests after a certain age so you end up with this group of people struggling economically that kind of has to picture all democrats as the rich elite.

It doesn’t make sense why the elitist rich keeping the man down would want their taxes raised in order to help out the disenfranchised. But it also doesn’t make sense why you would vote against yourself economically every election if you are struggling. It’s easier to believe the one where it’s partially your fault isn’t true.

I have a somewhat physically disabled aunt who relies on government and my grandparents money to get by as she’s never held a paying job in her life, but votes 100% Republican because of her fundamentalist Christian views.

sigh. 

• Sad 3

Just now, best3444 said:

What GOP policies do you believe helps people making less than $100k/year?

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Wooooooow. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Go away you whiny bitch.

• stepee 3
  • Shocked 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have a somewhat physically disabled aunt who relies on government and my grandparents money to get by as she’s never held a paying job in her life, but votes 100% Republican because of her fundamentalist Christian views.

sigh. 

My parents (dad especially) is the most typical evangelical you can imagine, think Mike Pence. When he was laid off back in 2014, he was essentially forced in to an early retirement in his late 50s but was able to get health insurance via Obamacare. My dad has a lot of heart issues (defects, he’s otherwise extremely healthy and fit) and was able to get monthly healthcare for no joke, $31 a month.

He constantly talks about how great that was and how it practically saved his life. He continues to vote for Republicans.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Let me try

Based on my current income, my assets, the very car I drive you’d easily see me as one of those snobs. I get it. I really do.

But the only reason I have what I do is socalist ideals: labor rights, collective bargaining, etc. which party to a person voted against the PRO act? What political ideology ended the new deal? Wasn’t democrats, well other than Clinton but it wasn’t democrat congress people who voted for it.

i only live this life because of my politics my friend 

• True 1

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

pinkys up tyron woodley GIF by UFC

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've voted to raise my own taxes every chance I gotten since I was old enough to vote. I do make six figures, but I'm not sure that's saying much in Massachusetts with three kids. I've had the kids to myself for the past eight months with my single salary. Between the cost of living and my daughter's medical expenses, I sure do wish I felt like a rich snob. Even with money being tight these days, I'd still vote to raise my own taxes.

Imagine thinking everyone deserves some help when they want it being a snobby position in life.

• Halal 1

All political common wisdom says that Trump should lose his hold on the party now. 2018 was a disaster for them. Then he lost the presidency in 2020(making him the first one term president in 25 years) and then went on to almost single handedly lose them the Senate runoffs that cost them the Senate. Now this wet fart of a result.

Oh, and he's going to be indicted soon.

On paper DeSantis should be primed to take over the party for him. In practice, I still think it all too likely that Trump will give DeSantis a goofy nickname at the first primary debate and Trump will yet again be the prohibitive favorite. Part of that is because he is the idiot whisperer of politics. He is the patronus of privileged white grievance in this country. He speaks to them in a way no one else does,. And partly because DeSantis and his ilk are trying to beat him by outTrumping him. Why would they vote for a guy like Trump when they could just vote for Trump. And they have bought into all of Trump's hobby horses as the official party line. Saying that elections are free and fair on a Republican debate stage is nearly the equivalent of saying you are pro-choice at this point. When simply saying that Trump lost in 2020 makes you a RINO, why wouldn't you nominate him again? Every real Republican should just be grateful that circumstances allow for them to run this surefire winner for a third election victory!

• stepee 1
  • True 1