SDCC 2022 July 21st - July 24th Official thread! UPDATED Black Panther: Wakanda Forever trailer revealed!

• Remarkableriots changed the title to SDCC 2022 July 21st - July 24th Official thread! UPDATED Black Panther: Wakanda Forever trailer revealed!
41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh I loved it. Gave me chills

Coogler is operating on a different level than everybody else in the MCU. That looked like a MOVIE, not a big budget TV show like we get so often in the MCU.

I sent a text to a couple of my buddies after seeing it and said pretty simply: this is the first Marvel trailer that has actually grabbed my attention since Endgame.

Yeah that trailer hits on a different level, but that's probably because of the loss of Chadwick Boseman. Can only imagine what the movie would have been like had he not passed away. So sad. They haven't said how they're going to address T'Challa yet, have they? 

What a teaser! It’s wild: I was just talking about the MCU last night with family, and saying how I’m mostly watching this stuff out of habit and to keep up with the cultural conversation. But this is my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year. After the enormous success of the first one (including a Best Picture nomination!), I have to believe Coogler got the best possible deal when it comes to working in the Marvel machine. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They haven't said but there's clearly a funeral scene in the trailer (The people dancing in the white) so he dies or is dead when the film starts. The big question is WHO is gonna replace him.

Oh yeah he's clearly died, but I wonder how. As for who is going to replace him my money would have been on Shuri, but after Letitia Wright's shenanigans with getting her vaccine shots, maybe Disney doesn't want to deal with that for the next Black Panther. 

I've seen a few people calling for T'Challa to be recast though. I wonder if they would do that way, way down the line at some point, and use the Multiverse as an explanation. Everyone loved Boseman, but the character of T'Challa meant a lot to people. 

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Coogler is operating on a different level than everybody else in the MCU. That looked like a MOVIE, not a big budget TV show like we get so often in the MCU.

I sent a text to a couple of my buddies after seeing it and said pretty simply: this is the first Marvel trailer that has actually grabbed my attention since Endgame.

Yep, I’ve certainly been pretty checked out of the MCU other than Spider Man(purely for the novelty of what that was). But my god that trailer. First Marvel movie in a very long time that I can’t wait to see and will 100% be there opening night. 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Oh yeah he's clearly died, but I wonder how. As for who is going to replace him my money would have been on Shuri, but after Letitia Wright's shenanigans with getting her vaccine shots, maybe Disney doesn't want to deal with that for the next Black Panther. 

I've seen a few people calling for T'Challa to be recast though. I wonder if they would do that way, way down the line at some point, and use the Multiverse as an explanation. Everyone loved Boseman, but the character of T'Challa meant a lot to people. 

I think it’ll be one of the women. But man it sure would be interesting if they used the Multiverse to put Michael B Jordan and a different Killmonger in the suit