SDCC 2022 July 21st - July 24th Official thread! UPDATED Black Panther: Wakanda Forever trailer revealed!

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Oh yeah he's clearly died, but I wonder how. As for who is going to replace him my money would have been on Shuri, but after Letitia Wright's shenanigans with getting her vaccine shots, maybe Disney doesn't want to deal with that for the next Black Panther. 

I've seen a few people calling for T'Challa to be recast though. I wonder if they would do that way, way down the line at some point, and use the Multiverse as an explanation. Everyone loved Boseman, but the character of T'Challa meant a lot to people. 

We probably won't get a recast until they reboot ALL of this shit at some point. There's a vocal minority that wants T'Challa recast but nobody is paying attention to them. This ain't WB/DC :lol:

As far as who the Next BP is, I'd guess it's either gonna be LUpita Nyongo's character, Letitia Wright or Micheal B Jordan. Those are my top three candidates.

• Halal 1

12 hours ago, Brick said:

Oh yeah he's clearly died, but I wonder how. As for who is going to replace him my money would have been on Shuri, but after Letitia Wright's shenanigans with getting her vaccine shots, maybe Disney doesn't want to deal with that for the next Black Panther. 

I've seen a few people calling for T'Challa to be recast though. I wonder if they would do that way, way down the line at some point, and use the Multiverse as an explanation. Everyone loved Boseman, but the character of T'Challa meant a lot to people. 

I'm not sold on Letitia Wright leading the franchise quite yet. She isn't playing a dorky high schooler like Tom Holland. That aside, she has a bigger problem than just vaccination shenanigans. I get that Shuri takes on the mantle in the comic and Nakia has a completely different role in the comics, but...if you get the opportunity to have Lupita Nyong'o be the star of your movie, why would you ever pass up that chance?

• Halal 1

Yeah I'd say Nakia is probably the safest bet, and much like the Marvel Cinematic Universe does quite often, they'll change her up from the comics. Has Boseman not passed away I would have liked Nakia to go get comic path, because if I'm not mistaken she becomes a villain at some point, and I think that would have been cool to see in a comic book movie the love interest break up with the hero, and become an antagonist. Maybe not full on evil villain, and go crazy like Scarlet Witch, but more ideals become too oppossing, and then they end up fighting because of it, then whenever the mutants to finally get brought in Storm from the X-men becomes T'Challa's love interest since they're married in the comics. 

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah I'd say Nakia is probably the safest bet, and much like the Marvel Cinematic Universe does quite often, they'll change her up from the comics. Has Boseman not passed away I would have liked Nakia to go get comic path, because if I'm not mistaken she becomes a villain at some point, and I think that would have been cool to see in a comic book movie the love interest break up with the hero, and become an antagonist. Maybe not full on evil villain, and go crazy like Scarlet Witch, but more ideals become too oppossing, and then they end up fighting because of it, then whenever the mutants to finally get brought in Storm from the X-men becomes T'Challa's love interest since they're married in the comics. 

I could see a situation where they could have written a falling out if Nakia survives the blip and gets to experience what that world is like versus T'Challa possibly trying to get back to the status quo now that he and everyone else is back. It would fit in nicely with the politics of Falcon and Winter Soldier, though that would mirror Sharon Carter's arc a little too closely. Either way, it would have been an excuse to give us more insight into Wakandan politics which would have then lead into the Wakanda TV series.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's weird that due to Nope, Daniel Kaluuya's character from Black Panther as T'Challa's best friend W'Kabi will also not be in this one. Kind of weird. 

Kaluuya is awesome, of course. I thought his "turn" in Black Panther was one of the very few weak parts of that movie.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Kaluuya is awesome, of course. I thought his "turn" in Black Panther was one of the very few weak parts of that movie.

Agreed, but a pretty integral character to not have around for T'Challa's death, funeral, and fall out in a sequel where we already don't have Chadwick Boseman.

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Agreed, but a pretty integral character to not have around for T'Challa's death, funeral, and fall out in a sequel where we already don't have Chadwick Boseman.

I mean isn't out guy a war criminal at this point? :p But yes, it sucks that he won't be around.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean isn't out guy a war criminal at this point? :p But yes, it sucks that he won't be around.

I mean, it was one of the weaknesses of the film, but it seemed once he became good again at the end by standing down after Okoye confronted him that all was forgiven. :p It's also be weird because Okoye and W'Kabi are together, which is what helped get W'Kabi and the army to stand down at the end of the first film in the first place, so again, him not being in this one is kind of weird.

As always, toys may have spoiled who becomes Black Panther. I'll spoiler tag this link.

Spoiler
LEGO-Black-Panther-Wakanda-Forever-Sets-
JAYSBRICKBLOG.COM

Thanks to the LEGO Instructions portal, we now have our very first look at the upcoming LEGO Black Panther Wakanda Forever sets! Three sets have been revealed so far, following...

• Sad 1