Anybody know anything about RetroArch? (Controller input issue)

XxEvil AshxX

I'm having a controller input issue for my XBSX controller where the A button registers as a short press instead of a long press. It ONLY acts this way with the Xbox controller's A button.

Example: Mario would do a short jump instead of a high jump.

It doesn't act like a turbo setting since it doesn't register multiple button presses, but instead one single short press. It carries across multiple cores so it has to be a retroarch setting. I've looked at the input setting and the turbo settings and I don't see anything anywhere that would tell the button to act this way. It's making some games impossible to play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just realized I never got back on this...

I DID end up fixing it. I believe the A button was set to activate Turbo mode. I set it to something like Select+Start or some such and it cleared up the issue.

That's all for naught now since (I guess) my Series S did an update and literally broke the file system on the Dev Mode side. Now Retroarch won't even recognize that there's something plugged into the E:

AetherSX2 still works fine, but RetroArch seems to be borked, even after a fresh install. Not sure if I have the energy try and fix it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...