Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like I said before, 8 year olds think it looks cool. That’s how you know it sucks. On my way passing it getting back to my car it had a couple of 8 year olds looking over it. 

It’s the Kid Rock of trucks, lmao.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like I said before, 8 year olds think it looks cool. That’s how you know it sucks. On my way passing it getting back to my car it had a couple of 8 year olds looking over it. 

Young kids love the Cybertruck because it looks like it was built from Magnatiles

Meanwhile in Brasil...

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The order is the latest in an ongoing clash with Musk over free speech, accounts associated with the far-right and misinformation on the platform.

A Brazilian Supreme Court justice on Wednesday threatened to shut down the local operations of X, formerly Twitter, unless its billionaire owner Elon Musk names a legal representative in Brazil within 24 hours.

The order from Justice Alexandre de Moraes is the latest development in an ongoing feud with Musk’s platform. The company clashed with de Moraes earlier this year over free speech, accounts associated with the far-right and misinformation on the platform, and it claims to be a victim of censorship.

Earlier this month, X said it was removing all remaining Brazil staff in the country “effective immediately,” saying de Moraes had threatened its legal representative in the country with arrest.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday notified X of de Moraes’ order in a reply to a post from the company’s global government affairs account on the social platform.

“In case of non-compliance with the determination, the decision could bring about suspension of the social media network’s activities in Brazil,” the court said in a statement.

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Meanwhile in Brasil...

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The order is the latest in an ongoing clash with Musk over free speech, accounts associated with the far-right and misinformation on the platform.

he responded by threatening the judge

image.png

Please do it. Sadly I'm stuck on Twitter because there is just too much academic AI research discussion there. I tried leaving back when Musk took over, but not enough people came with. Anything that helps force people to leave to something else would be so welcome.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Is there a TLDR of why X has drawn the legal ire of Brazil?

The First Amendment doesn't cover Brazil and Musk disagrees. In typical Musk fashion, he can't quietly disagree.

APNEWS.COM

Elon Musk is clashing with a bald, athletically built Supreme Court justice in Brazil over free speech, far-right accounts and misinformation on X.

It’s probably ignorant to ask this question, but would it really be so bad to tighten up our free speech laws a little bit? I abhor the vitriol that spills from such human garbage as neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and MAGA asswipes. Why should we as a society have to tolerate that? It’s not helpful. It’s not discourse. It’s holding us all back to let that toxicity foul up the airwaves and cables that bring us content. Perhaps someone more well versed in civil rights can explain it to me.

14 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

It’s probably ignorant to ask this question, but would it really be so bad to tighten up our free speech laws a little bit? I abhor the vitriol that spills from such human garbage as neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and MAGA asswipes. Why should we as a society have to tolerate that? It’s not helpful. It’s not discourse. It’s holding us all back to let that toxicity foul up the airwaves and cables that bring us content. Perhaps someone more well versed in civil rights can explain it to me.

Letting government decide what constitutes free speech is generally bad news bears

• Halal 2

People should be able to say whatever the fuck they want however the fuck they want to say it, as long as it isn’t a threat and isn’t actively harming someone, and it doesn’t matter if you think it’s productive discourse or not. The freedom to say it is key

• True 1
  • Halal 1