Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

It cannot be right that Musk can sow discord without personal risk. Perhaps fear of unexpected detention will concentrate his mind, says Bruce Daisley, former vice-president for Europe, Middle East and Africa at Twitter

18 minutes ago, chakoo said:
FORTUNE.COM

Plunging U.S. revenue at X risks opening up a "massive hole" on its balance sheet that Musk needs to plug to stave off its financial collapse.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

When I was a kid, I was super excited about A Boy and His Blob on the NES after reading about it in Nintendo Power. My parents got it for me for my birthday and I beat it in a couple sittings the day I opened it. I felt bad that my folks spent $60 or whatever a NES cart cost on something that I finished in a few hours.

I hope Elon has that feeling times 44 billion every waking moment, the stupid twat.

• stepee 3

15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

When I was a kid, I was super excited about A Boy and His Blob on the NES after reading about it in Nintendo Power. My parents got it for me for my birthday and I beat it in a couple sittings the day I opened it. I felt bad that my folks spent $60 or whatever a NES cart cost on something that I finished in a few hours.

God Gamer confirmed.

• Haha 2
  • Hype 1

I don't know how to link a pic from my phone, but...

I saw a post from Musk about how big and important free speech is.

I posted a response with one word, "cisgender".

A few minutes later, I received an email that my post was flagged for "hate speech".

Fuck this guy.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

Elon Musk’s Twitter Takeover Is Now the Worst Buyout for Banks Since the Financial Crisis (WSJ)

The $13 billion that Elon Musk borrowed to buy Twitter has turned into the worst merger-finance deal for banks since the 2008-09 financial crisis.

The seven banks involved in the deal, including Morgan Stanley and Bank of America, lent the money to the billionaire’s holding company to take the social-media platform, now named X, private in October 2022. Banks that provide loans for takeovers generally sell the debt quickly to other investors to get it off their balance sheets, making money on fees. 

The banks haven’t been able to offload the debt without incurring major losses—largely because of X’s weak financial performance—leaving the loans stuck on their balance sheets, or “hung” in industry jargon. The resulting write-downs have hobbled the banks’ loan books and, in one case, was a factor that crimped compensation for a bank’s merger department, according to people involved with the deal.

The value of the loans to Musk quickly soured after the $44 billion acquisition was completed. But new analysis shows how their persistent underperformance has put the deal in historic territory.

According to data from PitchBook LCD, the Twitter loans have been hung longer than every similar unsold deal since the 2008-09 financial crisis for which the research firm has complete records. There were many more hung deals back then, but banks in that period typically were still able to sell or write off most of their hung debt within roughly a year after they issued the loans. One hung deal—a $20 billion all-debt acquisition in 2007—was bigger than Twitter but wound up in bankruptcy about 12 months after banks wrote the check.

A graphic showing how long ‘hung’ deals were stuck on banks’ balance sheets compares the nearly two years of Musk’s Twitter deal with select hung deals during the financial crisis. The Twitter deal was the longest.

Steven Kaplan, a professor of finance at the University of Chicago who has tracked such deals since the 1980s, said Twitter isn’t only the biggest hung deal by dollar amount since the 2008 financial crisis but one of the biggest of all time. 

“The loans have weighed on the banks for much longer than other hung deals we’ve seen,” he said.

The banks that agreed to underwrite a deal that even Musk said was overvalued did so largely because the allure of banking the world’s richest person was too attractive to pass up, according to people involved in the deal. Musk and other investors ponied up around $30 billion to buy the company, giving the banks some cushion in case things were to go wrong.

The banks—which also include Barclays, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, BNP Paribas, Mizuho and Société Générale—have been able to collect hefty interest payments from the X loans.

They are generally for seven to eight years and carry rates several percentage points above the benchmark for investment-grade companies. And the banks could still ultimately be made whole if X is able to cover its interest obligations and repay the principal when the loans mature.

“At some price, they could sell it at a loss, but with Musk they could end up receiving 100 cents on the dollar, if things pan out,” said Kaplan.

@rc0101 - this might be of some interest to you!

• stepee 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I don't know how to link a pic from my phone, but...

I saw a post from Musk about how big and important free speech is.

I posted a response with one word, "cisgender".

A few minutes later, I received an email that my post was flagged for "hate speech".

Fuck this guy.

Never mind, I found a way!

spacer.png

• Guillotine 1

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Saw a cyber truck earlier today and they look even more cheaply made in person. Just an absolutely garbage vehicle

They're so big and ungainly, they look like they'd be a gigantic pain in the ass to maneuver.

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Saw a cyber truck earlier today and they look even more cheaply made in person. Just an absolutely garbage vehicle

It looks like a bad modern art piece on wheels, or like a shiny block of steel cheese.

6 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

It looks like a bad modern art piece on wheels, or like a shiny block of steel cheese.

Like I said before, 8 year olds think it looks cool. That’s how you know it sucks. On my way passing it getting back to my car it had a couple of 8 year olds looking over it.