Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

WWW.CNN.COM

Elon Musk deleted a post Monday morning that questioned why former President Donald Trump has faced two apparent assassination attempts in recent months while President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris have not encountered any. Musk later claimed the post was a joke.

bafkreie4ukmufx45h5u5vmu5m4uyqxaatlkjck4

Saw this on Bluesky, but that seems like a terrible move. If I block an account, why would I want to see anything from that account?

I have the feeling this is because too many people (myself included) have blocked Elon. He wants more views for his posts, so he's pushing them out for everyone!

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Saw this on Bluesky, but that seems like a terrible move. If I block an account, why would I want to see anything from that account?

I have the feeling this is because too many people (myself included) have blocked Elon. He wants more views for his posts, so he's pushing them out for everyone!

It probably drives up engagement numbers too, which helps Musk make the case to advertisers that it's worth putting their ads on X. 

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

So this means I have to see Musk posts even though I've blocked him?

Other way I think, if you block someone they can see your tweets but can't respond to them. 

This would be a pretty big breach of Apple and Google's app store rules so we'll see what happens, he's been spinning his wheels stuck in "wanting to do this" mode for a lot longer than with his other trial balloons and that's probably why he's been stuck there on this. 

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

Or, or, or, this might sound like a radical idea…. GET OFF X so you don’t have to see his posts!

There's still a couple of stray things I go on there to check because they're not available elsewhere but it's less and less, and my own posting is now largely confined to some local city government shaming. Bluesky is way more active than it was at the start of the year and is finally largely a replacement.

3 hours ago, TwinIon said:

My read is the same as @Jason's. If Alice blocks Bob, that currently means Bob cannot see Alice's posts. This change would make it so that Bob can see Alice's posts. Presumably Alice still wouldn't see Bob's posts unless someone else quoted them and she clicked on the "show the blocked post" button.

This still doesn't seem great though. There are a lot of stalkers and doxers. Blocking gave one line of defense to curb that. It was by no means full proof, but it was something.

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Or, or, or, this might sound like a radical idea…. GET OFF X so you don’t have to see his posts!

I wish. I tried when Elon bought it, but the larger academic CS community couldn't coordinate on where to go and we're all still stuck there. Sadly, Twitter remains an excellent place for finding new papers and talking with authors. There are now better competitors so if there an be another major event to get people to try moving again it might stick this time.

3 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Dave Rubin and Bumble Jack Posobiec have me blocked.

Has there ever been a person with more who bitches and moans as much as that whiny diaper baby loser? I mean, shut the fuck up, you’re not now nor have you ever for even a second in your entire life been a fucking victim. Get over it dude. Shut up. 

You could probably count on one set of fingers and toes the total number of people in human history who have had more privilege than you do. Shut the fuck up. Shut up.

6 hours ago, Brick said:

TL;DW guy makes a brand new Twitter account, with no followers, and the algorithm still pushes right wing shit, and Elon crap to him, even after clicking he's not interested. 

I believe there have been quite a few studies that YouTube does the same thing.

45 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I believe there have been quite a few studies that YouTube does the same thing.

With YouTube, and maybe Twitter, but I give Elon less benefit of the doubt.  Anyway with YouTube I think it literally just recommends stuff that drives engagement.  Right wingers watch the shit out of those dumb fucking videos.  Just watch a few minutes of a Tim Pool or whoever video and your algorithm is tainted for months.