Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

On 6/10/2024 at 1:00 PM, stepee said:

Denholm added that with Musk being one of the richest people in the world, the deal is "obviously not about the money."

"Motivating someone like Elon requires something different," she wrote. "This is one of the key reasons the award also requires Elon to hold any shares he receives upon exercise of stock options for five years after he exercises the options — which can only serve to incentivize him to continue delivering value to Tesla and our stockholders."

It’s not about money, just about a LOT of money!

Doesn’t stop him from selling his existing shares…

2 hours ago, Brian said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A Delaware judge previously ruled the package was excessive.

Lolololololol simps

The crowd at the meeting in Austin, Texas, cheered after the announcement, according to the livestream of the event.

One of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard of.

• True 2

How many spawns does he want? Does he have some sort of weird contest going on with Nick Cannon? 

He’s a Trump. He’s the face of the company and some are now just seeing his true colours and are finally turning away. I hope them Aussies keep the money cause why does he need $70k. . . . oh right, the kids. 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

How many spawns does he want? Does he have some sort of weird contest going on with Nick Cannon? 

To go along with what I said in the other thread just now...

The easiest solution for ostensible natalists like Musk would be to promote social policy changes that allow more people to more comfortably have children. But no, that would mean that he personally cannot contribute to fixing the problem with his dick. If anyone needs evidence that Elon is not a serious person and nobody should listen to him about anything, him thinking that population decline is the largest threat facing humanity long term and then deciding that he'll contribute to fixing it by fucking raw just like... a lot... is like trying to correct rising ocean temperatures by dropping ice cubes into the sea.

I saw one around here (Portland, OR) a couple of weeks ago. They had it wrapped in a pretty green color so it looked better than the standard, but yeah.... Still looks like a car designed by an 8 year old. 

I read about that.  I didn’t know the heat killed batteries that quickly.  Feels profoundly stupid for the car the know you opened the door and that the battery level is critically low and to not immediately start drawing on the power in the battery pack.  I can understand to some degree for safety reasons and for engineering reasons you don’t want all electronics working off the huge battery, but it feels like they should either rework the door handles to not fail completely in 12v battery situations, or rework the electrical side to make this nigh impossible.

The problem here is having a completely electrical system for the door, theres zero reason to not have a mechanical door handle.  All electric vehicles require the 12v system to start the high voltage system AFAIK, once started the high voltage system will charge the 12v one, but only after its been activated by the 12v system.

• Halal 1

Flush door handles are good for aero and therefor mileage, so fine.  Electric door handles are arguably cool and make your car feel special, so also fine.  

Most other companies have built in dummy systems in the event that shit goes sideways.  The Mercedes EQS has similar handles, but the key fob has a manual key and a lock hidden inside the handle.  The Corvette has similar door handles and the manual release is stupidly hidden in the rear bumper somewhere, but it still exists.  Tesla has no manual backup outside the car and no manual key.  

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I read about that.  I didn’t know the heat killed batteries that quickly.  Feels profoundly stupid for the car the know you opened the door and that the battery level is critically low and to not immediately start drawing on the power in the battery pack.  I can understand to some degree for safety reasons and for engineering reasons you don’t want all electronics working off the huge battery, but it feels like they should either rework the door handles to not fail completely in 12v battery situations, or rework the electrical side to make this nigh impossible.

They should have like an emergency small safety charge for situations like this. The battery issue I ran into recently with my iPhone 15 and its battery. I had it in my pocket and went for a drive in my car and got a warning when I plugged into usb charger for music. I was able to play music, but wouldn’t charge the phone because it was too hot from being in my pocket 

Man I hate how that article is titled. People will just read the title and will think it is because the main battery died and that is why danger happened and will preach it as another reason to not get EVs.  If I know I am going to be a moment and I want to keep the A/C on to keep the truck cabin cool I will leave the truck full on. On the dash it shows if you are drawing just from the 12V battery in AUX mode.  

6 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Man I hate how that article is titled. People will just read the title and will think it is because the main battery died and that is why danger happened and will preach it as another reason to not get EVs.  If I know I am going to be a moment and I want to keep the A/C on to keep the truck cabin cool I will leave the truck full on. On the dash it shows if you are drawing just from the 12V battery in AUX mode.  

I get why most people think that though, without knowing the weird engineering reasons why it does feel stupid to have a massive battery need a tiny one to do things.  

The thing is, you need “emergency mechanical locks” and “emergency mechanical door releases” for cars with electronic locks and electronic doors… so… it’s fucking stupid as fuck to have them in the first place because you’re still adding mechanical releases anyway. It’s over-engineered nonsense. Having an extra battery for the doors/locks as a safety isn’t a solution since that battery can and/or will eventually go bad anyway, so you could be stuck in the same situation even if it mitigates the chance by X%.

Flush door handles for aero isn’t a great reason either when you consider that supercars have done that with mechanical handles since the 80s. You’d “reach in” and pull a latch rather than “reach in” and push a button.

• True 1

Electronic locks are fine, as long as pulling the handle engages the door release mechanically, especially when the interior door handle releases the lock when pulled, also in this scenario the person would have had to of hit the door lock on their key fob then had the car battery or key fob die, and even then it's not that unusual for a manual keyed entry to still be present on the drivers door. 

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

I get why most people think that though, without knowing the weird engineering reasons why it does feel stupid to have a massive battery need a tiny one to do things.  

Not really a weird engineering reason. 12V has been pretty much the industry standard so the electronics are designed to run off it not the 300-800V that the drive battery outputs. 

That said, I have already had to jump an ICE vehicle with mine and the person I was helping didn't realize EV had a regular car battery. 

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

as long as pulling the handle engages the door release mechanically

Thus defeating the purpose of even having the electronic lock vs a powered mechanical lock since you’re now adding a mechanical mechanism in there anyway.

Over. Engineered. Nonsense.

The purpose of purely electronic locks is to not have a keyhole and not have a mechanical system. Why? Theft and break-in prevention as there’s nothing to pick and it’s a purely digital signal. Once you add a mechanical system in there for the lock you’ve defeated it’s entire reason for existing, and if you don’t have a mechanical system for the situation of the (cars) battery dying after locking your vehicle you’re now f’d.

Just to be clear: all powered locks are electronic whether mechanical or not, but not all electronic locks are mechanical. The non-mechanical ones are what’s stupid. Creating a non-mechanical electronic lock for a vehicle then readding a mechanical system as a safety is just… why.

Electronic steering systems and transmission shifters with mechanical back-ups still actually have benefits at least.

5 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Not really a weird engineering reason. 12V has been pretty much the industry standard so the electronics are designed to run off it not the 300-800V that the drive battery outputs. 

That said, I have already had to jump an ICE vehicle with mine and the person I was helping didn't realize EV had a regular car battery. 

I’m saying to someone who knows about electronics, that reasoning makes sense.  Most people don’t know anything about that though and they just think electricity is electricity.