Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

CA.FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

Shareholder Michael Perry, in the lawsuit filed in Delaware Chancery Court, said that Tesla's share price plummeted after the company's fourth-quarter numbers were made public on Jan. 2, 2023, and claimed that Musk "improperly benefited" by about $3 billion in insider profits. "Musk exploited his position at Tesla, and he breached his fiduciary duties to Tesla," the lawsuit said, asking the court to direct Musk to return...

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2
  • Hype 2

WWW.CNBC.COM

Emails circulated inside Nvidia show that Elon Musk was telling the chipmaker to prioritize shipments of GPUs to X and xAI ahead of Tesla.

Elon Musk says he can grow Tesla into “a leader in AI & robotics,” an ambition that he’s said will require a lot of pricey processors from Nvidia
 to build up its infrastructure.

On Tesla’s first-quarter earnings call in April, Musk said the electric vehicle company will increase the number of active H100s — Nvidia’s flagship artificial intelligence chip — from 35,000 to 85,000 by the end of this year. He also wrote in a post on X a few days later that Tesla would spend $10 billion this year “in combined training and inference AI.”

But emails written by Nvidia senior staff and widely shared inside the company suggest that Musk presented an exaggerated picture of Tesla’s procurement to shareholders. Correspondence from Nvidia staffers also indicates that Musk diverted a sizable shipment of AI processors that had been reserved for Tesla to his social media company X, formerly known as Twitter.

Tesla shares slipped as much as 1% on the news Tuesday morning.

By ordering Nvidia to let privately held X jump the line ahead of Tesla, Musk pushed back the automaker’s receipt of more than $500 million in graphics processing units, or GPUs, by months, likely adding to delays in setting up the supercomputers Tesla says it needs to develop autonomous vehicles and humanoid robots.

“Elon prioritizing X H100 GPU cluster deployment at X versus Tesla by redirecting 12k of shipped H100 GPUs originally slated for Tesla to X instead,” an Nvidia memo from December said. “In exchange, original X orders of 12k H100 slated for Jan and June to be redirected to Tesla.”

A more recent Nvidia email, from late April, said Musk’s comment on the first-quarter Tesla call “conflicts with bookings” and that his April post on X about $10 billion in AI spending also “conflicts with bookings and FY 2025 forecasts.” The email referenced news about Tesla’s ongoing, drastic layoffs and warned that head-count reductions could cause further delays with an “H100 project” at Tesla’s Texas Gigafactory.

The new information from the emails, read by CNBC, highlights an escalating conflict between Musk and some agitated Tesla shareholders who question whether the billionaire CEO is fulfilling his obligations to Tesla while also running a collection of other companies that require his attention, resources and hefty amounts of capital.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Elon is so fucking dumb. 

Dumb or otherwise, there is absolutely no way to interpret this other than the veritable definition of a "conflict of interest" to which any non-compromised board of directors would act upon immediately due to their fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders.

• Like 1
  • True 2

Institutional Shareholder Services and Charles Glass - two major proxy stockholder advisors - recommended voting against the package and California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) announced that they would vote against the package.

Norway’s $1.7 trillion sovereign wealth fund said on Saturday it will vote against ratifying Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s $56 billion pay package, which is up for a shareholder vote next week, after a Delaware judge invalidated it earlier this year.

The fund is Tesla’s eighth-biggest shareholder, according to LSEG data.

Musk’s pay, the largest for a chief executive in corporate America, was approved in 2018, but voided by a judge earlier this year, who said the amount was unfair to shareholders, calling it an “unfathomable sum”.

The fund said it appreciated “the significant value generated under Mr. Musk’s leadership since the grant date in 2018”.

Still, “we remain concerned about the total size of the award, the structure given performance triggers, dilution, and lack of mitigation of key person risk,” Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM), the operator of the fund said.

In 2018, the fund had voted against the package.

“We will continue to seek constructive dialogue with Tesla on this and other topics,” NBIM added.

The fund, which holds a 0.98% stake worth $7.7 billion according to fund data, has been critical of excessive CEO pay.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Did anyone know of their buying policies for Tesla?

AUTOS.YAHOO.COM

The Tesla Cybertruck is unlike most trucks that have come before it, and thus it has attracted a new set of buyers who wouldn’t normally drive a big pickup. Owning and driving a...

On 6/7/2024 at 12:12 PM, chakoo said:

Denholm added that with Musk being one of the richest people in the world, the deal is "obviously not about the money."

"Motivating someone like Elon requires something different," she wrote. "This is one of the key reasons the award also requires Elon to hold any shares he receives upon exercise of stock options for five years after he exercises the options — which can only serve to incentivize him to continue delivering value to Tesla and our stockholders."

It’s not about money, just about a LOT of money!

23 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Did anyone know of their buying policies for Tesla?

AUTOS.YAHOO.COM

The Tesla Cybertruck is unlike most trucks that have come before it, and thus it has attracted a new set of buyers who wouldn’t normally drive a big pickup. Owning and driving a...

Yea, a lot of car manufactures do these types of things, but it's usually for limited production cars that are only available in limited quantity that you had to "sign-up" for the privilege to buy.

For example, with the 2017 Ford GT, you had to submit an application + a video detailing why you deserved to buy the car as only 250 were being made per year. If you were selected, you had to sign a contract that you wouldn't sell it for X amount of time (I think it was one or two years, but I can't remember off the top of my head), and if you did try to sell it in that timeframe you had give Ford the profit you made on it. John Cena famously tried to flip his and Ford sued the F out of him. Part of their reason for doing this was because they wanted only buyers who actually wanted the car and would drive it.

HOWEVER... having something like this for the Cybertruck is Musk being up his own asshole and is dumb as absolute fuck.

• Halal 1

Despite Muskrat's motivations, I'd say that an OS-level integration of ChatGPT would definitely cause not-insignificant security concerns in governmental facilities where smart phones are only allowed in designated areas. 

I simply cannot imagine that Apple genuinely means OS-level integration when they're probably well aware of the risks it could pose to their iPhone government contracts.

• Halal 1

48 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Despite Muskrat's motivations, I'd say that an OS-level integration of ChatGPT would definitely cause not-insignificant security concerns in governmental facilities where smart phones are only allowed in designated areas. 

I simply cannot imagine that Apple genuinely means OS-level integration when they're probably well aware of the risks it could pose to their iPhone government contracts.

Agreed. I believe its a marketing term for: this will now be bundled with our OS, as apposed to: AI will be a fully integrated piece of our OS. 

55 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

First up is Siri, which can tap into ChatGPT to answer voice questions. If Siri thinks ChatGPT can help answer your question, you'll get a pop-up permission box asking if you want to send your question to the chatbot. The response will come back in a window indicating that the information came from an outside source. This is the same way Siri treats a search engine (namely, Google), so how exactly Siri draws a line between ChatGPT and a search engine will be interesting. In Apple's lone example, there was a "help" intent, with the input saying to "help me plan a five-course meal" given certain ingredient limitations. That sort of ultra-specific input is something you can't do with a traditional search engine.

Siri can also send photos to ChatGPT. In Apple's example, the user snapped a picture of a wooden deck and asked Siri about decorating options. It sounds like the standard generative AI summary features will be here, too, with Apple SVP of Software Engineering Craig Federighi mentioning that "you can also ask questions about your documents, presentations, or PDFs."

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/06/apple-integrates-chatgpt-into-siri-ios-and-mac-os

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Or the fact they've had numerous security flaws while they continue to market themselves as a security-first company. (Game center in the early days used to send your apple email and password as plain text over http)

Our school division has around 8,000 Windows laptops, and about 200 Apple devices (mix of iMacs and iPads). Let me tell you that I am ecstatic that we are getting rid of almost all our Apple products this summer and replacing them with more PCs/laptops. Apple stuff just really sucks to manage in an enterprise environment. Apple is always changing their security policies and it makes it harder and harder to remotely deploy/manage things compared to Windows (where you can use SCCM or Intune to do pretty much anything).

• True 2

22 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Our school division has around 8,000 Windows laptops, and about 200 Apple devices (mix of iMacs and iPads). Let me tell you that I am ecstatic that we are getting rid of almost all our Apple products this summer and replacing them with more PCs/laptops. Apple stuff just really sucks to manage in an enterprise environment. Apple is always changing their security policies and it makes it harder and harder to remotely deploy/manage things compared to Windows (where you can use SCCM or Intune to do pretty much anything).

Well how will your kids edit videos or paint a pretty picture? Things you can't do on a PC!

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Yep all you need to do is watch to presentation to see this “concern” he has is quite silly. I think Apple isn’t good for enterprise as CV said so it would probably be good to get rid of them but stating this as the reason is 100% him being butt hurt over openAI as it is only within specific context and user engaged. Just like..they could go to the website on a windows pc.

He just hid everyone's likes, which is a shame because one of my local city councilmembers has been doing some insane horny liking on his campaign account. I got one last good one in though. :lol:

Screenshot_20240612_085005_Twitter.jpg