Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Again, I feel like this kind of thing would violate the fiduciary responsibility that I assumed CEOs of public companies had, but once again Elon is threatening Tesla:

ELECTREK.CO

Elon Musk appears to confirmed and even clarify what can be seen as a threat to Tesla shareholders: give me...

Electrek’s Take
This is bizarre. The CEO of a major public company is publicly threatening to move products he himself claims are critical to Tesla’s success if he doesn’t a greater percentage of the company.

I can say “move” here because Elon agreed with this idiotic comment that mentions “AI and robotics staying within Tesla”. This is a clearer threat than what he previously made, which was about being “uncomfortable building AI products” at Tesla.

Wild. I don’t even know how he could legally do that, but as CEO, he could do a lot of damage if he wanted to.

As Electrek notes, we've now seen Telsa building some AI and robotics products. I don't know what the legalities of moving that out of Tesla would be, but I just can't think of any comparable situation. Just wild stuff.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Again, I feel like this kind of thing would violate the fiduciary responsibility that I assumed CEOs of public companies had, but once again Elon is threatening Tesla:

ELECTREK.CO

Elon Musk appears to confirmed and even clarify what can be seen as a threat to Tesla shareholders: give me...

As Electrek notes, we've now seen Telsa building some AI and robotics products. I don't know what the legalities of moving that out of Tesla would be, but I just can't think of any comparable situation. Just wild stuff.

THAT PICTURE

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, I should've probably put context on it: that person is a French-American scientist and is considered the "godfather of AI" and Elon tries to feud with him a lot

He's also Meta's Chief AI Scientist, so that adds fuel to that fire.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What he said is absolutely atrocious and should be ignored by every science communicator.

Like my god can you imagine a kid in their backyard having fun with vinegar and baking soda trying to do a science and this dude comes screeching at him about being published?

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

lol but Trump just said he'd ban EV sales if he wins.

He didn't actually say that he'd ban EV sales.

What he said was that he'd enact policies such as eliminating the EV tax credit so that automakers "won't be able to sell those cars" due to the increased cost relative to ICE vehicles.

• Halal 1

I get the feeling that Elon and Trump probably get along better when kept at a distance. They can both moan about nonsense on social media and when their causes align they probably feel like they're on the same team, but I have the feeling that they wouldn't get along very well in person for too much time.