Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:
hero-image.fill.size_1200x675.v169360140
MASHABLE.COM

Anti-Semitic rhetoric has been especially rampant on the platform over the past 24 hours.

I'd love it if this was the thing that got the app banned on the Apple and Play stores.

33 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

One shouldn't expect any moral "courage" from either of those companies.

It takes "Courage" to piss on your customers while not giving a fuck what other companies do on your platform. With exception to them trying not to pay their fees.

19 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Reveal vs production:

IMG-8057.png

The proportions and "features" didn't change a lot between the concept and the pre-production model.  That's actually quite impressive!

BUT

It still looks like dog shit.  I would have considered a Tesla truck IF it looked more "normal".  Hard pass from me.

On 8/27/2023 at 6:14 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"But...but...I'm supposed to be a god to the nerds!"

Pedo guy completely misunderstands nerd subculture. When he decided to go full heel, incels are the only "nerd" subgroup that still worships him which is a very small fraction. Most nerds are just really passionate about something but are respectful and accepting of all manner of weirdos and outsiders.

He was only worshipped before because people thought he was passionate about tech and bringing humanity into the future. Once that mask came off his group of ball washers shrunk dramatically. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He's about to sue the ADL for chasing advertisers from Twitter because of all that delightful "free speech".

I would like to say it's going to be fun watching him fail but it's kind of getting a bit repetitive already. *shrug*

• True 1

This is fun...

WWW.CNBC.COM

pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild's most valuable lieutenants at Tesla and SpaceX had learned ways to deflect his bad ideas and drip-feed him unwelcome information, but the...

So Twitter crashed during the DeSantis announcement because the Sacramento data center was down because Musk said he could move it in two weeks rather than the 6 months he was quoted. This meant disconnecting all the electrical without an electrician and hiring movers they found on Yelp that had no insurance, no IDs, and required the whole $13k move be paid in cash. It's also still broken because all of Twitter's load balancing is hard coded to include routes back to the old data center.

However, it's not Musk's fault. It's the fault of everyone that didn't tell him everything that could possibly go wrong when he started screaming at them because "moving a bunch of computers is easy".

For the next two months, X was destabilized. The lack of servers caused meltdowns, including when Musk hosted a Twitter Spaces for presidential candidate Ron DeSantis. “In retrospect, the whole Sacramento shutdown was a mistake,” Musk would admit in March 2023. “I was told we had redundancy across our data centers. What I wasn’t told was that we had 70,000 hard-coded references to Sacramento. And there’s still shit that’s broken because of it.”

This is something we all already knew, though.

His most valuable lieutenants at Tesla and SpaceX had learned ways to deflect his bad ideas and drip-feed him unwelcome information, but the legacy employees at X didn’t know how to handle him.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

lol, he sounds like the leaders of my school division. Right now we're buying a new division HQ and consolidating staff, which means we as IT also need to move. They want us to move in first because "it's easy." We've told them that we need to move our core switch, data centre, get the fiber connected, etc...and also have both locations running for a while, which means we need duplication of some equipment, etc. They literally just thought we needed to move our laptops and desks.

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

The most charitable interpretation for Musk's actions is he's captain hindsight.

"Oh well I didn't realize this had brittle hard coded stuff, it shouldn't have that." Of course it does, moron, because it's a large complex system that's been evolving for years. Every "bad" and "brittle" piece of code  like this is that way because at some point in the past in those circumstances it probably made sense from a developmental and simplicity standpoint.

Even the worst engineers can look at an old system and judge it based on its current needs, but these systems were almost never developed for the current needs and trying to anticipate what you will need in the future is almost always futile and causes more problems than it solves. Very few things in software and hardware centers have a very stable set of requirements that you can expect to be rock solid for many years to come.

So yes, find ways to refactor and make it better, but don't just start ripping shit out because you think it will all work and then throw a hissy fit when it doesn't.

And that was my charitable opinion! :p 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, legend said:

The most charitable interpretation for Musk's actions is he's captain hindsight.

"Oh well I didn't realize this had brittle hard coded stuff, it shouldn't have that." Of course it does, moron, because it's a large complex system that's been evolving for years. Every "bad" and "brittle" piece of code  like this is that way because at some point in the past in those circumstances it probably made sense from a developmental and simplicity standpoint.

Even the worst engineers can look at an old system and judge it based on its current needs, but these systems were almost never developed for the current needs and trying to anticipate what you will need in the future is almost always futile and causes more problems than it solves. Very few things in software and hardware centers have a very stable set of requirements that you can expect to be rock solid for many years to come.

So yes, find ways to refactor and make it better, but don't just start ripping shit out because you think it will all work and then throw a hissy fit when it doesn't.

And that was my charitable opinion! :p 

@Commissar SFLUFAN what % of legend's AGI can he deduct from his taxes based on this whopper?

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 1