Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

12 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

This is the full Platformer stories from two posts up. There's some wild stuff in here. Today, I saw the Verge story referenced in here that there's actually been a bunch of new users since Elon took over, and I kinda convinced myself that maybe all of the media attention would give the site some momentum for a while and that maybe we'd all jumped the gun on declaring the site dead. But reading this, it seems like Elon's just dreaming up new ways to extract money from every user, and meanwhile nobody is minding the store because nobody knows what they're supposed to be doing since half the staff was laid off.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.PLATFORMER.NEWS

Will he go through with it? PLUS: Botched layoffs, how the new Blue could lose money, and more

This and every other of his ideas are so dumb. Twitter could have been a door into paywalled news, instead. That is, pay for Twitter and get access to paywalled news across the web. Even I'd consider paying for Twitter if it doubled down on becoming a proper site to get whatever news you were looking for from whatever site was linked from it. Basically Apple News+, but without the focus on curated news and instead leaving it up to the published and writers to choose what to figure on. Nah, instead Musk-led Twitter is blue checks and famous people begging for attention.

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

j0hS6ze.jpg

we love our digital security training don’t we folks

I just went through the worst cybersecurity training I've ever been through in my entire life. I did my best to yell at everyone I could find about it. If I remember right, one of the questions was "All your documents are now gibberish characters and you notice your computer is running slowly. Should you continue using your computer? Yes or no?" Then the voice over asked, "Do you believe this computer is safe to continue using? Yes or no?" I answered "no" and it says wrong, the correct answer is "yes, you should turn your computer over to IT as you may be subject to a ransomware attack". EVERY FUCKING QUESTION in this training was wrong. "Is this email suspicious? Yes or no?" Yes. "No, you shouldn't click on links this email."

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I just went through the worst cybersecurity training I've ever been through in my entire life. I did my best to yell at everyone I could find about it. If I remember right, one of the questions was "All your documents are now gibberish characters and you notice your computer is running slowly. Should you continue using your computer? Yes or no?" Then the voice over asked, "Do you believe this computer is safe to continue using? Yes or no?" I answered "no" and it says wrong, the correct answer is "yes, you should turn your computer over to IT as you may be subject to a ransomware attack". EVERY FUCKING QUESTION in this training was wrong. "Is this email suspicious? Yes or no?" Yes. "No, you shouldn't click on links this email."

Suspicious email? Give your whole laptop to IT no questions

A good summation on the last 18 hours of "official" verified accounts:

twitter-official-badge.jpeg
WWW.MACRUMORS.COM

Twitter will not be moving forward with an "Official" label that would be used to identify companies, major media outlets, public figures,...

16 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

A good summation on the last 18 hours of "official" verified accounts:

twitter-official-badge.jpeg
WWW.MACRUMORS.COM

Twitter will not be moving forward with an "Official" label that would be used to identify companies, major media outlets, public figures,...

It feels very Elon to:

Decide the way something has been done is stupid

Come up with "new" thing to replace old thing

Reverse track on "new" thing until he's basically reinvented the the old way

End up reversing track again to end up with something that seems obviously worse than the old way

• True 1

22 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It feels very Elon to:

Decide the way something has been done is stupid

Come up with "new" thing to replace old thing

Reverse track on "new" thing until he's basically reinvented the the old way

End up reversing track again to end up with something that seems obviously worse than the old way

I can almost guarantee the issue is that Musk wants a blue check and realized his new rules would mean he'd get a gray check.

32 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I wonder if Musk's legal counsel will just urge him to take the L and close it all down or risk all of this additional legal jeopardy with the government?

What legal consequences has he ever faced for any of his shenanigans? Why would he bother doing anything other than what he wants to do at any given time?

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Going smoothly

4xwkkdB.png

More detail:

K2HEC6CARP2ITXYDAMMEPDFHRM.JPG&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The resignations of three Twitter executives prompted federal regulators to warn they might step in.

The departures prompted a rare warning from the Federal Trade Commission, which has emerged as the government’s top Silicon Valley watchdog. It marked the second time in two days that Washington had expressed concern about the chaotic developments at the company, coming less than 24 hours after President Biden said Musk’s relationships with other countries deserved scrutiny.

The agency said that it was “tracking the developments at Twitter with deep concern” and that it was prepared to take action to ensure the company was complying with a settlement known as a consent order, which requires Twitter to comply with certain privacy and security requirements because of allegations of past data misuse. Twitter was first put under a consent order in 2011, and it agreed to a new order earlier this year for allegedly misusing phone numbers and email addresses collected for security for advertising.

:sickos:

• Sicko 3

Vladeck said the penalties could be exponentially higher for Twitter if it is alleged to be in violation of its agreement with the FTC a second time. “There would be some very significant multiple of the last fine,” he said, referring to the May penalty, which carried a $150 million fine. “You have to add a decimal point to that.”

:sickos:

Lol christ what a genius

The message warned that the FTC could fine Twitter “BILLIONS of dollars.” The author claimed to have heard Alex Spiro, Musk’s top lawyer, say Musk is “willing to take on a huge amount of risk in retaliation to this company and users, because ‘Elon puts rockets into space, he’s not afraid of the FTC.’” Spiro did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Did anyone post his email to employees yet?

636cc837951bdc00182d72d7?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Musk sent Twitter staff an email for the first time, putting an end to remote work and saying, "The road ahead is arduous."

Sorry that this is my first email to the whole company, but there is no way to sugarcoat the message.

Frankly, the economic picture ahead is dire, especially for a company like ours that is so dependent on advertising in a challenging economic climate. Moreover, 70% of our advertising is brand, rather than specific performance, which makes us doubly vulnerable!

That is why the priority over the past ten days has been to develop and launch Twitter Blue Verified subscriptions (huge props to the team!). Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn. We need roughly half of our revenue to be subscription.

Of course, we will still then be significantly reliant on advertising, so I am spending time with our sales & partnerships teams to ensure that Twitter continues to be appealing to advertisers. This is the Spaces discussion that Robin, Yoel and I hosted today:

[Links to a Twitter Spaces recording called "Elon Q&A: Advertising & the Future."]

The road ahead is arduous and will require intense work to succeed. We are also changing Twitter policy such that remote work is no longer allowed, unless you have a specific exception. Managers will send the exceptions lists to me for review an approval.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday), everyone is required to be in the office for a minimum of 40 hours per week. Obviously, if you are physically unable to travel to an office or have a critical personal obligation, then your absence is understandable.

I look forward to working with you to take Twitter to a whole new level. The potential is truly incredible!

Thanks,

Elon

What a fucking clown. This basically reads as "I overpaid. I chased customers and advertisers away. The company is going to die unless you kill yourself fixing it for me. But the future is great if you can do that for me!"

Every single employee should quit.

• Halal 2

10 minutes ago, legend said:

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Musk sent Twitter staff an email for the first time, putting an end to remote work and saying, "The road ahead is arduous."

What a fucking clown. This basically reads as "I overpaid. I chased customers and advertisers away. The company is going to die unless you kill yourself fixing it for me. But the future is great if you can do that for me!"

They all should. There are some 3700 employees and the CE-fucking-O wants to review EVERY work from home exception. Musk really must have nothing better to do than micromanage the approvals of every manager in a 3700 employee company.

• stepee 1

26 minutes ago, legend said:

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

A senior legal guy at twitter says they should take a day off apparently 

qFJYLXU.jpg

c7WeMk6.jpg

• stepee 1

For the longest time I dreaded Musk taking over Twitter because of the probability of him letting He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named back on. But now I kinda want him back because its pretty clear he has no chance of winning the presidency any more however he can burn DeSantis and the GOP down and Twitter would be a powerful tool to help him do that.

• True 1
  • Halal 1