Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It's time to dramatically reduce the restrictions in Ontario.  You can't even have popcorn in a movie theatre ATM.

That’s not true now. When the theatres reopened, food was once again allowed. My manager saw Jackass 4 last week and they brought the food to him in the VIP theatre. 

although I do think the mask restrictions will be dropped sooner for those fully vaccinated. Today he will probably completely drop the QR Code requirements everywhere. I believe he had a late cabinet meeting and then one this morning with the rest of the provincial premieres and JT. Should hear something today for sure

11 minutes ago, silentbob said:

That’s not true now. When the theatres reopened, food was once again allowed. My manager saw Jackass 4 last week and they brought the food to him in the VIP theatre. 

although I do think the mask restrictions will be dropped sooner for those fully vaccinated. Today he will probably completely drop the QR Code requirements everywhere. I believe he had a late cabinet meeting and then one this morning with the rest of the provincial premieres and JT. Should hear something today for sure

I don't think they can easily vary mask requirements for the vaccinated/unvaccinated.  IMHO, it really can only be done by setting.

I suspect that JT will finally enact the emergency measures act today.  He needs to "consult" the premiers before doing it.  

NEWS.ONTARIO.CA

Ontario announces that it will be moving to the next step of it's plan on Thursday  (I think this is a few days to early.

I think this is the new news:

Effective March 1, 2022

Ontario intends to take additional steps to ease public health measures if public health and health system indicators continue to improve. This includes lifting capacity limits in all remaining indoor public settings.

Ontario will also lift proof of vaccination requirements for all settings at this time. Businesses and other settings may choose to continue to require proof of vaccination. Masking requirements will remain in place at this time, with a specific timeline to lift this measure to be communicated at a later date.

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
NEWS.ONTARIO.CA

Ontario announces that it will be moving to the next step of it's plan on Thursday  (I think this is a few days to early.

I think this is the new news:

image.jpg
TORONTO.CTVNEWS.CA

Ontario will move to the next step of its COVID-19 reopening plan four days ahead of schedule and will lift proof of vaccination requirements next month.

Yep so masking is staying and vax passport out in march. This is far better than they were leading people on to yesterday.

16 minutes ago, chakoo said:

image.jpg
TORONTO.CTVNEWS.CA

Ontario will move to the next step of its COVID-19 reopening plan four days ahead of schedule and will lift proof of vaccination requirements next month.

Yep so masking is staying and vax passport out in march. This is far better than they were leading people on to yesterday.

Huh?  Where were you hearing otherwise?  This is almost exactly what I was hearing -- and is pretty consistent with what Health Minister Christine Elliott said last week.

20 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Huh?  Where were you hearing otherwise?  This is almost exactly what I was hearing -- and is pretty consistent with what Health Minister Christine Elliott said last week.

14 hours ago, chakoo said:

Fuck off Ford if you remove mask mandates any time soon.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Good thread on his experience at the Ambassador Bridge.

I honestly believe that if Ottawa Police had confronted these people the Monday after the protests (after 3 days of them occupying) they could have gotten them cleared out in a few days, and a few arrests. The issue has really been the police not willing to confront these people in any way at all. When pushed, the majority of these people will not want to be arrested.