Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

Truckers and Trudeau factum 11 02 22 (squarespace.com)

In the context of the protests by the truckers over the past two weeks, Canadians hold the following views about Prime Minister Justin Trudeau:

A majority (53%) of Canadians think the Prime Minister has looked weak in the face of threats to the country. This is compared with just three-in-ten (31%) who don’t believe that he’s looked weak and one-in-six (16%) who are not sure.

A plurality (44%) of Canadians think the Prime Minister has inflamed the situation, compared to those who don’t believe he has done so (38%) and those who are not sure (18%).

Only-one-in six (17%) Canadians think the Prime Minister has used every opportunity to calm things down and find a solution to the trucker's protest, compared to two thirds (64%) who say he has not done so, and with one-in-five (19%) who are not sure.

Just three-in-ten (29%) Canadians think the Prime Minister has acted like a prime minister should in the face of the protest, compared to a majority (53%)who do not believe he is acted in such a way, and one-in-six (17%) who were not sure.

Only one-in-six (17%) Canadians think the Prime Minister has looked strong in acting to stop the protests. This compares with two thirds (65%) who disagree with that perspective, and the rest (17%) who are not sure.

Half (48%) of Canadians think the Prime Minister has demonstrated that he is not up to the job of being prime minister. This compares to one-third (35%) disagree with that perspective followed by the remainder (18%) who were not sure.

Only one-in-six Canadians (16%) think the Prime Minister has made them want to vote for him because of how he has dealt with the situation. This compares with two thirds (63%) who disagree and another one-in-five (21%) who are not sure.

A plurality (45%) of Canadians think the Prime Minister has demonstrated that someone else should lead the Liberal Party of Canada. This compares to one third (35%) that disagree with that view and the rest (18%) who are not sure

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

Just now, silentbob said:

I sort of agree that he might step down shortly after Covid situation finally calms. Also the National Post, aren’t they like our far right Fox News in print. So seems about right for them to also post such a story to oust their rival

No.  They are mostly centre-right -- they publish some comlumnists that are very centrist, others that are more right wing.  I haven't seen anything from them that is "populist" or "trumpian".

I’m pretty much just watching the CBC News Network and their coverage. Sticking mostly to the situation in Windsor but they are mentioning a roughly 100 truck convoy is now trying to make its way to close off the Niagara Falls Peace Bridge (I know, irony) Anyways, the police are getting ahead of them now and redirecting them off the highway and trying to choke them off elsewhere.

However, I agree that Trudeau handled the messaging/optics of this poorly. Realistically there was little he could (or should) have done so far...but he should have been strongly on-point in his messaging from the start, and he wasn't. If he had called in the military in the first week he'd be equally as unpopular as the public hadn't turned on them yet.

And like, this is 100% a Russian-backed operation, and it's likely that it could tank Trudeau's numbers enough to have him resign before the next election. I'm actually okay with that as I think the Liberals would be better off with Freeland or Mendicino against Poilievre, but we should all be scared that Russia is so effective at destabilizing western democracies.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

lolol Windsor police cleared out most of the trucks...but didn't stop new people from coming in. Now there are more protestors than cops, and the cops appear to be retreating. Convince me the police want this to actually end. You can't!

The call is coming from inside the house! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

I’m pretty much just watching the CBC News Network and their coverage. Sticking mostly to the situation in Windsor but they are mentioning a roughly 100 truck convoy is now trying to make its way to close off the Niagara Falls Peace Bridge (I know, irony) Anyways, the police are getting ahead of them now and redirecting them off the highway and trying to choke them off elsewhere.

CBC showed folks protesting on an overhead ramp and some were stupid enough to stand on the incoming lane on the QEW with folks coming off the bridge. One lane is getting by at the moment 

These are 2 of the 3 major highways to get to the downtown Toronto core from east/west. Watch out for a possible 401 blockade setup eventually if truckers get word of this.

This is getting out of hand and fast. I don’t want violence but for god sakes, drop the fucking hammer on these idiots. I don’t care if I know them, they’re corrupted and too stupid to see it. 

*I don’t know of anyone who is actually participating, but know some who would 

• Guillotine 2

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

And like, this is 100% a Russian-backed operation, and it's likely that it could tank Trudeau's numbers enough to have him resign before the next election. I'm actually okay with that as I think the Liberals would be better off with Freeland or Mendicino against Poilievre, but we should all be scared that Russia is so effective at destabilizing western democracies.

Those smallpox stockpiles aren’t going to be as effective if the nations can properly defend themselves against infectious disease so it’s kind of two birds one stone!

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

So what is next for these truck drivers? Equality for LGBTQ? Eliminating Anti-Muslim rhetoric? Fighting for the the rights of the bottom wage earners? 

They have no idea WTF they are really doing. They’re like The Joker in that they just wanna see Canada burn and damn the real consequences. One protestor in Windsor said “I’m willing to go to jail forever, if it means freedom” Latest conspiracy theory is that Trudeau is stopping other international media from entering/covering the real protest. The same fucking people yelling and threatening Canadian media for not covering the “real story” behind the protest. 

• True 2

Ok so I’m at work right now and a little convenient store nearby had their lease come up. The land owner didn’t wanna renew and so they are moving out product for their new store location in the Toronto area. I’m roughly 45-60min outside of downtown Toronto and this is their truck for moving. Well ok, maybe not THEIR truck but the truck helping at the moment. Apparently they were here earlier and left for like 3-4hours and came back a few hours ago. 

spacer.png

• Sicko 1

The police effectively said on CTV that they don't want to directly arrest anyone because it might have the movement "gain strength." What the fuck. NOT arresting them and having them face zero consequences has shown them they can do whatever they want, and that is why they keep pushing new boundaries. 

Fire all the cops, throw them into the sea, and bring in the military.

• Guillotine 1

51 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The police effectively said on CTV that they don't want to directly arrest anyone because it might have the movement "gain strength." What the fuck. NOT arresting them and having them face zero consequences has shown them they can do whatever they want, and that is why they keep pushing new boundaries. 

Fire all the cops, throw them into the sea, and bring in the military.

Better yet, drop them all off at Joy Rd and Livernois in Detroit and let them fend for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sicko 2