Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And in the meantime, millions of dollars of illegal US dark money continues to pour into Canada through that Christian fundraising site, with some donations as large as $250,000 US. Make no mistake, this is 100% an attempt by the American right to destabilize Canada.

We Russia 

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

And in the meantime, millions of dollars of illegal US dark money continues to pour into Canada through that Christian fundraising site, with some donations as large as $250,000 US. Make no mistake, this is 100% an attempt by the American right to destabilize Canada.

Canada can request extradite from the US, correct? Canada, you are our Siberia. 

ambassador-bridge-protest-feb-8-2022.jpe
WWW.CBC.CA

Protestors have blocked traffic to the Ambassador Bridge for the second day in a row. The international border crossing, which links Windsor, Ont., to Detroit, is a major commercial route between the two countries.

The problem with escalating these kind of protests, are that they will spread.

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
ambassador-bridge-protest-feb-8-2022.jpe
WWW.CBC.CA

Protestors have blocked traffic to the Ambassador Bridge for the second day in a row. The international border crossing, which links Windsor, Ont., to Detroit, is a major commercial route between the two countries.

The problem with escalating these kind of protests, are that they will spread.

That's...not a good take. It's like saying you shouldn't confront people because they might do something even worse. That's just giving in to idiots. 

27 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That's...not a good take. It's like saying you shouldn't confront people because they might do something even worse. That's just giving in to idiots. 

That is not hat I am saying.

I am saying if you trying to be a leader, and care, say about the results rather than virtue signaling.  You don't instigate them into escalating their protests.  Belittling them, and refusing to have dialog, will just result in things getting worse -- not better.

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That is not hat I am saying.

I am saying if you trying to be a leader, and care, say about the results rather than virtue signaling.  You don't instigate them into escalating their protests.  Belittling them, and refusing to have dialog, will just result in things getting worse -- not better.

I think it's pretty clear that the hardcore protestors in Ottawa are going to do what they're going to do, regardless of anything Trudeau or others say. I mean...they actually believe a petition can get the GG to just throw out the democratically elected government. They could be ignored or confronted with riot police, and they're going to respond the same way: constant batshit escalation of their own tactics until they get their way (which is to overthrow a government, hang journalists, etc).

• True 1

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I think it's pretty clear that the hardcore protestors in Ottawa are going to do what they're going to do, regardless of anything Trudeau or others say. I mean...they actually believe a petition can get the GG to just throw out the democratically elected government. They could be ignored or confronted with riot police, and they're going to respond the same way: constant batshit escalation of their own tactics until they get their way (which is to overthrow a government, hang journalists, etc).

It's the 3.8 - 11 million people (depending if you believe their support is 10-30%) that you're worried about.  300 truckers is manageable, a protest of several hundred thousand, or dozens of encampments and blockades isn't.

If you have to go with "I saw a grandma, she couldn't be a racist" then you have no valid point to give.

One time I was in a canadian tire in DT toronto and an old white women in a wheelchair angrily gave my chinese wife & mother in law the finger for no reason other than her being a racist POS. We never talked or interacted with the person, we were just simply happen to be looking at items in the same area of the store. 

• True 1

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It's the 3.8 - 11 million people (depending if you believe their support is 10-30%) that you're worried about.  300 truckers is manageable, a protest of several hundred thousand, or dozens of encampments and blockades isn't.

I don't think we are at anywhere near the point of hundreds of thousands protesting, especially since most provinces are starting to ease up on restrictions (SK and AB announcing today the lifting of all measures of the next few weeks, etc).

As for the Quebec MP:

1. That's an absolutely fair point—these things should be tied to some metric (preferably hospital capacity, etc)
  2. Only if it coincides with #1. Otherwise, as stated by the actual trucking industry, the mandate is not having any impact on jobs. No one has lost a trucking job because of it, they've simply been reassigned to Canadian routes if they were previously cross-border
  3. I mean...okay. The rationale is that mandates encourage people to get their shots, and to make it harder to spread the virus. The second point is less important now that Omicron escapes immunity, but it isn't not important. However, this information is already out there and well-accepted
  4. I agree! But, unrelated to this issue
  5. That's a dumb point because anything can divide Canadians. Increase restrictions, you piss of the anti-vaxxers (and others). Decrease them, you piss of the majority. Those lines are more blurred now...but Canada isn't really divided on the issue of vaccination. On current restrictions, yes, but those aren't decided by the federal government

vzOlRthl.jpg

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't think we are at anywhere near the point of hundreds of thousands protesting, especially since most provinces are starting to ease up on restrictions (SK and AB announcing today the lifting of all measures of the next few weeks, etc).

As for the Quebec MP:

1. That's an absolutely fair point—these things should be tied to some metric (preferably hospital capacity, etc)
  2. Only if it coincides with #1. Otherwise, as stated by the actual trucking industry, the mandate is not having any impact on jobs. No one has lost a trucking job because of it, they've simply been reassigned to Canadian routes if they were previously cross-border
  3. I mean...okay. The rationale is that mandates encourage people to get their shots, and to make it harder to spread the virus. The second point is less important now that Omicron escapes immunity, but it isn't not important. However, this information is already out there and well-accepted
  4. I agree! But, unrelated to this issue
  5. That's a dumb point because anything can divide Canadians. Increase restrictions, you piss of the anti-vaxxers (and others). Decrease them, you piss of the majority. Those lines are more blurred now...but Canada isn't really divided on the issue of vaccination. On current restrictions, yes, but those aren't decided by the federal government

vzOlRthl.jpg

I didn't say we were at that point -- we don't want to get to that point.  Instigation has turned it from a relatively small protest (that was mishandled by Ottawa police) into a larger protest on the second weekend, cross-country protests in multiple cities the following weekend, and now an additional border crossing (and the biggest one) is now blockaded.

Whether we like it or not, somewhere close to 30% of our country aligns with the truckers.  Calling them racists (some are, some aren't), calling them a fringe minority, belittling them, etc. increases those divisions.  All that does is further entrench those folks in their position -- which is the opposite of what he should be trying to do.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They’re working on this side of the border to get a similar set of actions going across this country

Yep, and I can see the US side being more receptive of it but I also don't really see biden backing down on the rules in the near future. Specially when the trucking industry is saying it's not really a problem.