Kevin Smith is pretty skinny now.

Jason

For reference, here's Smith going from fat to less fat (IIRC he looked like he does on the right of this pic when he had his heart attack):

kevin-smith-1024.jpg?w=1024&w=700&q=85

Fat Kevin to Husky Kevin (I mean, at the time it seemed like Skinny Kevin) was pretty dramatic so it's kinda nuts to see that he still had all that weight to take off.

15 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

What a transformation.

I'd love a picture of him now trying to wear the clothing in that picture on the left. Those pants are freaking huge.

Those aren't pants, but jean shorts, if you can believe it.

As a fan of most of his work, I'm really glad he lost the weight, but will he update his clothing style? Because my God dude, you're an adult, and you don't have fat to hide anymore. Let's go shopping.

26 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

As a fan of most of his work, I'm really glad he lost the weight, but will he update his clothing style? Because my God dude, you're an adult, and you don't have fat to hide anymore. Let's go shopping.

Dude can afford to buy clothes that fit, even when he was probably in the 400 pound range. He just likes his “style” and it isn’t changing anytime soon methinks.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Dude can afford to buy clothes that fit, even when he was probably in the 400 pound range. He just likes his “style” and it isn’t changing anytime soon methinks.

I think if he thinks that's "style" he may have suffered more than just a heart attack. :p 

I'm sure he could afford clothes that "fit" for a 400 pound man back when he was one, but I'm sure he was insecure about his weight and wore over-sized clothes to hide it, as many heavier people are wont to do.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I think if he thinks that's "style" he may have suffered more than just a heart attack. :p 

I'm sure he could afford clothes that "fit" for a 400 pound man back when he was one, but I'm sure he was insecure about his weight and wore over-sized clothes to hide it, as many heavier people are wont to do.

The funny thing is...it just makes you look fatter when you wear clothes that don’t fit the shape of your body. 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

The funny thing is...it just makes you look fatter when you wear clothes that don’t fit the shape of your body. 

Ehhhh - form fitting clothes on fat people is not pleasing to look at. I agree getting stylish clothes helps regardless of body type though - he should have shopped for better clothes for heavier people, but not form fitting clothes, per se. Obviously, confidence in how you carry yourself in the clothes matter too. Sure, he can wear form fitting clothes if he wants to, but it's not pleasant to look at. :p 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Ehhhh - form fitting clothes on fat people is not pleasing to look at. I agree getting stylish clothes helps regardless of body type though - he should have shopped for better clothes for heavier people, but not form fitting clothes, per se. Obviously, confidence in how you carry yourself in the clothes matter too. Sure, he can wear form fitting clothes if he wants to, but it's not pleasant to look at. :p 

I mean, clothes that fit a 400 dude won’t be cut like those for a 170 pound CrossFit stud. But throwing a king size bed sheet of a shirt on isn’t doing the man any favors.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I mean, clothes that fit a 400 dude won’t be cut like those for a 170 pound CrossFit stud. But throwing a king size bed sheet of a shirt on isn’t doing the man any favors.

I always assumed those were the kinds of clothes 400 pound dudes wore (mostly the only kinds of clothes I've ever seen them wear at least). :p  I take your point though. :)

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I always assumed those were the kinds of clothes 400 pound dudes wore (mostly the only kinds of clothes I've ever seen them wear at least). :p  I take your point though. :)

The problem is you pretty much have to get all custom stuff, which as I mentioned before Smith could definitely afford. But it’s  way easier to dress nice if you’re closer to the ideal weight range for your height.

I’m a broad shouldered 6’3” and I've fluctuated pretty significantly between about 200 and 235 as an adult, and it’s amazing how much easier it is to find nicely fitting clothes when I’m on the 200 side of that range than the 235, so, yeah it’s gonna be tough when you start getting into the 300 and 400 pound range.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The problem is you pretty much have to get all custom stuff, which as I mentioned before Smith could definitely afford. But it’s  way easier to dress nice if you’re closer to the ideal weight range for your height.

I’m a broad shouldered 6’3” and I've fluctuated pretty significantly between about 200 and 235 as an adult, and it’s amazing how much easier it is to find nicely fitting clothes when I’m on the 200 side of that range than the 235, so, yeah it’s gonna be tough when you start getting into the 300 and 400 pound range.

Oh, for sure. I'm 6'2" (also broad shouldered) but 170 lbs. When I'm 185 lbs, it's a lot harder to find clothes that fit me well than when I am 170 lbs (depending on if I'm an out of shape 185 lbs vs. an in-shape 185 lbs, and I've been both haha). It can be tough. I hear ya brotha heh. 

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

He's Kevin Smith. If he wants to wear hockey jerseys for the rest of his life, he can. It's not like he's an average joe who needs to wear chinos and a slim fit button down so people will respect him. Plus he's older, so people are going to care even less. I'm sure he'll at least update his wardrobe a little bit because it wont be uncomfortable to wear nice clothes, but he doesnt really need to. 

13 hours ago, johnny said:

He's Kevin Smith. If he wants to wear hockey jerseys for the rest of his life, he can. It's not like he's an average joe who needs to wear chinos and a slim fit button down so people will respect him. Plus he's older, so people are going to care even less. I'm sure he'll at least update his wardrobe a little bit because it wont be uncomfortable to wear nice clothes, but he doesnt really need to. 

He doesn't have to do anything. He just looks silly is all. :p 

22 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd much rather look at Kevin Smith looking like this

kevin-smith-huge-jorts-2-586e5c5e13143.j

Than a fat dude wearing "fitted" clothes like Donald Trump

trump-golf3.jpg?w968

Also me gaining weight and having to wear fat clothes compared to my work clothes (dress shirt and tie) it's much morning comfortable as well. I agree at least now he can wear much more fitting clothes and be comfortable. Ah I miss being 180lbs :(

3 minutes ago, Wild said:

It'd be neat to see him in a custom tailored suit, and might be inspiring for others.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, The def star said:

Agreed - that was my entire point. :p 

Kevin Smith isn't even fat now, so we wouldn't have to worry about that. My entire point was there are ways to be heavy and stylish, just not per se wearing form fitting clothes. That's why I said better clothes earlier, not form fitting clothes.

4 minutes ago, The def star said:

kevin-smith-huge-jorts-2-586e5c5e13143.j

Than a fat dude wearing "fitted" clothes like Donald Trump

trump-golf3.jpg?w968

Also me gaining weight and having to wear fat clothes compared to my work clothes (dress shirt and tie) it's much morning comfortable as well. I agree at least now he can wear much more fitting clothes and be comfortable. Ah I miss being 180lbs :(

wait you're gaining weight?

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

wait you're gaining weight?

Gained weight :(

Ever since getting a GF and going back to school my eating habits have not been the same :cry:

I'm at 225lb at the moment. I'm hoping that once I get my next networking cert I can start having a consistent gym schedule as well as making changes to what I eat.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Agreed.

Agreed - that was my entire point. :p 

Kevin Smith isn't even fat now, so we wouldn't have to worry about that. My entire point was there are ways to be heavy and stylish, just not per se wearing form fitting clothes. That's why I said better clothes earlier, not form fitting clothes.

I was agreeing with you and just want to show examples of it from what SBF was saying. Fitted clothes on a fat dude isn't comfortable nor always pleasant to look at.

I think there is a misunderstanding. Fitted and clothes that fit don’t mean the same thing :p Fitted is particularly describing clothes cut to leave nothing to the imagination, if you will.

Trump is a great example of somebody who doesn’t wear clothes that fit, see his entire wardrobe of suits that are like 4 sizes too large :lol: